PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Jones To Do Extra Innings After Reds Games In 2009?

goreds2
02-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Per the 700WLW Web Site:

The Broadcast Team...

Join Marty Brennaman, Thom Brennaman, and Jeff Brantley for the play-by-play all season as the Reds head toward October and the World Series!

Also, you can be the "Manager" on 700WLW's Extra Innings following each game! Join 700WLW SportsTalk personality Paul Daugherty, former Reds star Tracy Jones and Alan Cutler as you toss in your thoughts on the game!

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/cincysports_reds_bt.html

I would welcome it but he is already on the Tracy and Eddie show 3-6pm weekdays.

redsfandan
02-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Oh goody! Now I have everything I need in life. :rolleyes: :all_cohol

gilpdawg
02-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Boo. Extra Innings hasn't had a truly good host since Andy Mac. Too bad they canned him. I know his voice was bad, but he was a good host. Anybody know what he's doing now? With the radio business slowly dying I'd bet he's not doing radio anywhere.

roby
02-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Boo. Extra Innings hasn't had a truly good host since Andy Mac. Too bad they canned him. I know his voice was bad, but he was a good host. Anybody know what he's doing now? With the radio business slowly dying I'd bet he's not doing radio anywhere.

I agree, Andy Mac was (by far!) the best.

DTCromer
02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Post Game shows are trbl anyway. Knee jerk reactions, drunk callers, dumb callers, and more knee jerk reactions.

I guess 700 has to fill their time with something.

mroby85
02-17-2009, 01:31 PM
I've always thought tracy was pretty funny and entertaining, the disdain for him on this board has always surprised me.

DTCromer
02-17-2009, 02:15 PM
I've always thought tracy was pretty funny and entertaining, the disdain for him on this board has always surprised me.

I agree. Most people take him too seriously.

gilpdawg
02-17-2009, 03:26 PM
There's nothing wrong with trying to be funny and entertaining, but he fails at both. Just talk baseball if you can't be funny.

Ghosts of 1990
02-17-2009, 03:35 PM
tracy is entertaining although he was a bum of a ballplayer and I really hate him at times. My wife hates him as well. She always wants to call in and tell him off. I try to tell her its all part of his act he wants people to get mad at him.

Would rather have him then others. I am partial to Daugherty when he does extra innings.

goreds2
02-17-2009, 05:26 PM
There's nothing wrong with trying to be funny and entertaining, but he fails at both. Just talk baseball if you can't be funny.

His 3-6pm weekday show is number one in the area. At least, that is what he says. :)

DTCromer
02-17-2009, 06:05 PM
How can you not laugh at him guessing the weight of the woman who call the show?

NarrowStairs
02-17-2009, 08:16 PM
How can you not laugh at him guessing the weight of the woman who call the show?

That's HYSTERICAL you PC fatty.

Stephenk29
02-17-2009, 08:21 PM
This guy sucks 85% of the time. I never understood the love.

Long time listener first time caller (and hopefully last!)

goreds2
02-17-2009, 08:48 PM

Same here. :confused:

gilpdawg
02-18-2009, 12:47 AM
His 3-6pm weekday show is number one in the area. At least, that is what he says. :)
It is #1. There's no accounting for taste. People listen to Howard Stern too, and that's garbage.

Ghosts of 1990
02-18-2009, 02:26 AM
I hope tracy knows he was a brutal ballplayer. I think him talking about himself constantly is just an act part of his persona. And its a good persona. But if he's serious he really needs to buy and sell himself he'd make some money.

NarrowStairs
02-18-2009, 03:07 AM
I hope tracy knows he was a brutal ballplayer. I think him talking about himself constantly is just an act part of his persona. And its a good persona. But if he's serious he really needs to buy and sell himself he'd make some money.

He obviously knows that he was a marginal player.