PDA

View Full Version : Should Arod do this for the good of the game..

Carin4Narron
02-20-2009, 04:07 PM
retire?

Jerome
02-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Arod's only one of probably around 100. One thing I don't understand is why all the "productive" players on roids get raped by the media and lesser players tied to the Mitchell Report and such are given the free pass. Jerry Hairston Jr. is in the Mitchell Report. I'm just sayin. There are a lot of below average players who were on roids, but the media gives the false impression that only the sluggers were juiced.

http://jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

Carin4Narron
02-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Arod's only one of probably around 100. One thing I don't understand is why all the "productive" players on roids get raped by the media and lesser players tied to the Mitchell Report and such are given the free pass. Jerry Hairston Jr. is in the Mitchell Report. I'm just sayin. There are a lot of below average players who were on roids, but the media gives the false impression that only the sluggers were juiced.

http://jeromesredscare.blogspot.com Dare I say it,ALL players should be raped by the media and fans for cheating.

Jack Burton
02-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Is this a serious question?

The travesty of this is that it was an anonymous test and at the time PEDs weren't illegal per the sport. I don't condone it, but it's pretty obvious that those who injected were in the majority. If one name was leaked it's only fair to the game for all names to be released.

freestyle55
02-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Who cares, let's move on, and enjoy Spring Training!

redsfandan
02-20-2009, 09:12 PM
For the good of the game he should just shut up and play cuz what he's been saying hasn't exactly helped.

Stephenk29
02-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Retire? No because he was one of 500. I'm not going to single out one of the best players ever (regardless of roids even) because he was one of the very few who actually got caught.

Orodle
02-21-2009, 01:23 AM
He didnt break any baseball rules at the time.......doesnt mean it was okay but still ....retire?

justincredible
02-21-2009, 04:44 PM
No chance.

Slyder
02-21-2009, 05:02 PM
I hope you were joking about ARod retiring due to this, because the first head that ought to roll is Bud for standing up saying "dont take steroids" *wink wink nudge nudge*. Steroids is a bigger issue, if it were just ARod maybe but it was rampant enough for 7% of ball players to fail tests on that resulted in the testing to begin with.

He came out, he said he did it, he apologized just like most of the others why should anything more be demanded when you dont have the same standards for the rest of the people who were out'd.

Ghosts of 1990
02-22-2009, 01:48 AM
just said no b/c there is no way it would ever happen and even if he never touches another steroid he's still a decent player right?

ChatterRed
02-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm tired of the steroid issue. Let's move on.

More players than we could ever believe were juiced, IMHO.

EdSqaubensee
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Ya, Arod should retire. - think about what you are suggesting.

mlh1981
02-22-2009, 11:13 PM
He didnt break any baseball rules at the time.......doesnt mean it was okay but still ....retire?

He didn't break baseball rules, but he broke the law.

Carin4Narron
02-23-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm tired of the steroid issue. Let's move on.

Just because you are tired of it doesn't mean the issue doesn't need to be addressed. For a example, I am tired of Washington, everyone acts like they are in high school, but things need to be fixed to better the country.

He didn't break baseball rules, but he broke the law.

That's my point, he broke the law, cheated, and most likely did harm to his body. And people don't care? That blows my mind.

ChatterRed
02-23-2009, 09:48 AM
If he broke the law, then he should be punished. As for harming his body........that's on him. It's not my job to police everyone in the world and stop them from smoking, drinking, or doing drugs. I'm not my brother's keeper. Nor should anyone else be. If we all take care of our own business, the world would be a better place.

Carin4Narron
02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
If he broke the law, then he should be punished. As for harming his body........that's on him. It's not my job to police everyone in the world and stop them from smoking, drinking, or doing drugs. I'm not my brother's keeper. Nor should anyone else be. If we all take care of our own business, the world would be a better place. Let's just say for example, your kids teacher was addicted to drugs or booze, isn't it your business? If a player is addicted to something or cheating with taking something not legal to boost his performance isn't that his team's business and something that baseball should clean up?

Slyder
02-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Let's just say for example, your kids teacher was addicted to drugs or booze, isn't it your business? If a player is addicted to something or cheating with taking something not legal to boost his performance isn't that his team's business and something that baseball should clean up?

Did ARod not sign a ballcard or took your girlfriend or something? Because youre REALLY stretching it with the personal comparision to a job.

Do you want to track down EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who failed the test in 2003 and "Force" them to retire? There were at least 7% players who failed test(s) to get the testing implemented we have today. People didnt quit caring but it lost its sting as it started with McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro then evolved into Giambi, then Bonds, Sheffield, and Balco now ARod. This problem started at the top as Bud and the Players Union turned a blind eye to it because it was making the owners a crap ton of money. You want to do something write MLB and when Bud resigns you might see me and many others caring.