PDA

View Full Version : MLB Network 30 Clubs In 30 Days: Reds On March 6

goreds2
02-25-2009, 05:36 AM
Starting March 6 at 11:30pm est. and the day after.

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/schedule/?ymd=20090306

After clicking link go to Open Calendar to get the following days.

goreds2
02-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Moderators, can you move this thread to The SUN DECK.

Sorry and thanks,

gilpdawg
02-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Why oh why, Time Warner, will you not let me have my MLB in HD? Remember "I want my MTV?" Well, I want my MLB HD!

reds1869
02-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Why oh why, Time Warner, will you not let me have my MLB in HD? Remember "I want my MTV?" Well, I want my MLB HD!

I'm just glad they have it. I switched to TWC from Dish Network just to get MLB. If you think TWC is slow addign channels or has bad customer service (a complaint I've never understood--they've been excellent for me everytime I've had them in three different cities) then you've never had Dish Network. If Dish ever adds MLB Network it will likely be in broken English on a bad connection.

And before anyone even mentions it, there was no way I was getting DirecTV based on past experience.

Grounds_Crew
02-25-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm just glad they have it. I switched to TWC from Dish Network just to get MLB. If you think TWC is slow addign channels or has bad customer service (a complaint I've never understood--they've been excellent for me everytime I've had them in three different cities) then you've never had Dish Network. If Dish ever adds MLB Network it will likely be in broken English on a bad connection.

And before anyone even mentions it, there was no way I was getting DirecTV based on past experience.

Why wouldn't you get DirectTV then? I have MLB, NHL, NFL, TNT (for NBA) and all of the ESPN's....in HD.

jmac
02-25-2009, 12:55 PM
I understand your point but I would just like to have the MLB network in general as I have Dish !!!
Yeah I know :fineprint ;)

Actually when I purchased Dish last year, they had MLBEI listed as a package as I wouldnt have got Dish otherwise. :(

jmac
02-25-2009, 01:50 PM
I was just reading about the mlb.tv package.
I have never had it as I just recently got highspeed internet as it wasnt available for me till now.
Anywho...wondering if any of you have it and how you like since I cant have the TV option ?

goreds2
02-25-2009, 02:03 PM

I wonder if any of the hosts will pick the Reds as a dark horse.

(Thanks moderators for moving this thread)

mroby85
02-25-2009, 05:13 PM
I watched the one for the Detroit Tigers yesterday, it's actually really in depth, and an interesting show. I'm looking forward to the one on the Reds!

goreds2
02-26-2009, 12:08 AM
It will be interesting to hear Larkin and Casey's view of the Reds. :D

goreds2
03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
I hope Hazel Mae does the reporting from the Reds camp. :)

http://digitalderek.typepad.com/sawxblog/photos/2006/hazel_resigns.gif

BearcatShane
03-01-2009, 02:10 AM
Question, does anyone know what channel MLB Network is on for Dish Network?

goreds2
03-01-2009, 09:42 AM

Sorry, I do not think the DISH has the MLB Network.

http://baseball.about.com/b/2008/12/21/mlb-tv-network-launches-jan-1.htm

If you have AT&T or Dish Network or a smaller company, it's likely that you won't have it at launch.

mlh1981
03-01-2009, 08:39 PM
What a great channel. It's ruining my life! :beerme:

Their other team previews have been really in depth. I think that they have done a great job so far with them.

goreds2
03-01-2009, 11:11 PM
What a great channel. It's ruining my life! :beerme:

:laugh: Same here.

Eric_the_Red
03-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Yeah, my wife already hates it and the season hasn't even started yet.

PedroBourbon
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM

I have Dish Network, channel 213 I think, next to the NFL channel.

These are really good reviews.

Kingspoint
03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
tx goreds for the info.

goreds2
03-06-2009, 12:16 AM

The initial time has changed since I posted this. It will be on at 8pm est. on the 6th :beerme:

mroby85
03-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Looking forward to it, then Friday Night Lights is on right after, good night for TV.

Rusty the Red
03-06-2009, 03:26 PM
I'll DVR it.

Kingspoint
03-06-2009, 07:22 PM
8:00 and again at 11:30, or 5:00 and again at 8:30 if you are on the West Coast and have satellite.

Jerome
03-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I was just reading about the mlb.tv package.
I have never had it as I just recently got highspeed internet as it wasnt available for me till now.
Anywho...wondering if any of you have it and how you like since I cant have the TV option ?

I just bought the MLB.TV package for high speed internet. I live in Boise, Idaho at the moment and it might be the only place in the world where I am not able to receive a Reds game in any way from my TV, though I'm sure none of you are surprised.

So far, MLB.TV is awesome. I've gotten most Spring Training radio games and select video broadcasts. Once the season starts, I can watch every Reds game on my computer, or listen to the game on WLW or the opposing team's radio station, which is kinda cool for when I get tired of our guys. It's also nice because they archive all the games, which is useful for me since I have a Reds blog. I was worried about the resolution before buying it but I get a solid picture (not amazing, but solid). Of course it doesn't compare to TV quality, but it serves its purpose. So far so good. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know about it. Good luck.

http://www.jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

goreds2
03-07-2009, 12:52 AM
What a great show. The hosts did their home work as they knew about upcoming players in the minor league system etc. Also, very good interviews with the players. (Aaron H, Bronson A, Jay Bruce, Dusty Baker and B. Phillips) Overall, the hosts picked the Reds to finish third.

Here is the Reds All-time starting eight that they picked.

Rose 3b
Larkin SS
Morgan SB
Frank Robinson RF
Tony Perez 1b
George Foster LF
Johnny Bench C
Griffey SR. CF (Yes, Griffey senior)
* I would have picked Eric Davis for CF.

I forget who they picked as the starting pitcher. (Tom Seaver?)

gedred69
03-07-2009, 02:49 AM
What a great show. The hosts did their home work as they knew about upcoming players in the minor league system etc. Also, very good interviews with the players. (Aaron H, Bronson A, Jay Bruce, Dusty Baker and B. Phillips) Overall, the hosts picked the Reds to finish third.

Here is the Reds All-time starting eight that they picked.

Rose 3b
Larkin SS
Morgan SB
Frank Robinson RF
Tony Perez 1b
George Foster LF
Johnny Bench C
Griffey SR. CF (Yes, Griffey senior)
* I would have picked Eric Davis for CF.

I forget who they picked as the starting pitcher. (Tom Seaver?)

I believe it was Rijo. What a wierd list. No Davis? What about Mario Soto, who pitched outstanding, for the most terrible of Reds teams.

Carolina Red
03-07-2009, 08:59 AM
I think the starting pitcher was Don Gullet. I just find it hard to believe that Ken Griffey made the starting team and Griffey Jr. (600 home runs) did not. Also Adam Dunn was on the bench and I don't recall Paul O'Neill being on the team. Dunn wouldn't even make it if it was a football roster. What a joke.

Eric_the_Red
03-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Junior was actually on the bench. So NO Eric Davis on the roster, even on the bench. Jr and Dunn, but no ED?! Lame.

will5979
03-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Davis over Griffey Sr. anyday on that lineup...however, as ONLY Reds I take Griffey Sr. over Griffey Jr. Glad they saw that Larkin was better than Davey, although Davey was good, Larkin was great!

goreds2
03-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know if Tom Seaver made the list?

redhawk61
03-07-2009, 03:22 PM
I was very impressed with the show. I hadn't seen any of the other teams episode's, so I was expecting some cheesy, nothing informative show, but was pleasantly surprised at the research they put into it. I guess they figured only true baseball fans would be watching so it better not be a cheap job.

TheNext44
03-07-2009, 03:52 PM
The only error I saw was when the host said that Chris Dickerson is Eric Dickerson's nephew. They are not related.

Other than that I thought it was much, much better than what ESPN does with Baseball Tonight. MLB network is starting off strong.

Ghosts of 1990
03-08-2009, 12:38 AM
The only error I saw was when the host said that Chris Dickerson is Eric Dickerson's nephew. They are not related.

Other than that I thought it was much, much better than what ESPN does with Baseball Tonight. MLB network is starting off strong.

I've seen this error in print several times as well.

Agree that MLBN is much better then BBTN

Eric in IL
03-08-2009, 01:05 AM
I believe they also misspelled Kyle Lotzkar's name. They had it spelled "Lotzker". But I'm really just picking nits. I'm impressed that Dan Plesac knew who he was.

I also liked the fact they didn't mention Jacque Jones name as being in the mix for the outfield. They also mentioned the possibility of eventually seeing Votto in left.

Rusty the Red
03-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Very impressed. After decades of watered down ESPN reports, this was very nice and much deeper than I guessed. If this is the quality that we will see every day, then the MLB Network will be the best sports channel on the dial. Can't believe this is their "rookie" season.

cinredsfan2000
03-08-2009, 01:26 PM
They certainly were giving the young arms and young bats a lot of love not that they don't deserve it. But i remain cautiously optimistic .Didnt one of the announcers predict a 3rd place finish ? They certainly seemed to be giving a lot of love towards the reds .

TheNext44
03-08-2009, 05:30 PM

Correction:

I got a PM from JesusFan in the ORG saying that Chris Dickerson is related to Eric. He says they are cousins.

My apologies.

mlh1981
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
They heaped a lot of praise in the direction of Brandon Phillips without pointing out the things he needs to work on. Other than that, I enjoyed it. They really seem to like the Reds. I haven't watched many of the pieces on the other teams. Do they praise them all like that?

Grounds_Crew
03-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah...Dickerson and Eric Dickerson are cousins. I thought that was a known fact.

PedroBourbon
03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I was very impressed with the show. I hadn't seen any of the other teams episode's, so I was expecting some cheesy, nothing informative show, but was pleasantly surprised at the research they put into it. I guess they figured only true baseball fans would be watching so it better not be a cheap job.

I fully agree, very thorough, informative show. If that much effort was put in to our Reds, I'm sure the reports on the other teams are just as in depth.

Orodle
03-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I thought the coverage on the Reds was very generic almost like they were just following a common template for all teams. The questions being asked were worthless......the type of "Dusty, do you think this team has improved over last season?"..... seriously what do you think hes going to say? "No, we stink.... no point in playing the games." The coverage was too much of stuff just filling air time.

BearcatShane
03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I thought the coverage on the Reds was very generic almost like they were just following a common template for all teams. The questions being asked were worthless......the type of "Dusty, do you think this team has improved over last season?"..... seriously what do you think hes going to say? "No, we stink.... no point in playing the games." The coverage was too much of stuff just filling air time.

I disagree, I mean, yes the asked a few time filler questions but that what spring training interviews are about. They went over nearly every player on the 25 man roster and the outlined everyone's strength's and weaknesses, they talked about some of our prospects, I'm suprised they even knew who Kyle Lotzkar was. They talked about our youth and how we are 1-2 years away from a team to be recon with. As far as preseason previews go, this gets an A+ in my book.

Kingspoint
03-10-2009, 02:30 AM
The Major disrespect for Eric Davis was unforgivable. Eric Davis is the First Team Center Fielder, and there isn't even a close second. And, they leave him off of the All-time 2nd Team, too.

Boooooo!!!!!

Rusty the Red
03-10-2009, 09:10 AM

What the heck do you expect? This is not fair. They were as in depth as they could be. Not everyone would ask questions like the people who post here.

A likely sample question from RedsZone poster - Given that you are and idiot and that the front office of the Reds is totally lost, how long will it take to totally choke this season?

Great show and credit is due.

goreds2
03-10-2009, 09:57 AM
I thought the coverage on the Reds was very generic almost like they were just following a common template

Are you kidding? Hazel Mae was the on field reporter. :beerme:

http://www.hazelmae.net/hazel_mae_pictures/Hazel_Mae_in_Toronto/index.htm

Root Down
03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I just bought the MLB.TV package for high speed internet. I live in Boise, Idaho at the moment and it might be the only place in the world where I am not able to receive a Reds game in any way from my TV, though I'm sure none of you are surprised.

To bring up a post from a page ago.. Can't you just get DirecTV and buy the FSN package? Where I live we pick up FSN Detroit, but with DirecTV we get 2 FSN Ohios (Cleveland and Cincinnati), FSN Det, and a few others. The far away ones come at additional cost, but they do offer them coast to coast. Might be worth looking into. NOTE: No MLB network though.

Rusty the Red
03-10-2009, 11:21 AM
To bring up a post from a page ago.. Can't you just get DirecTV and buy the FSN package? Where I live we pick up FSN Detroit, but with DirecTV we get 2 FSN Ohios (Cleveland and Cincinnati), FSN Det, and a few others. The far away ones come at additional cost, but they do offer them coast to coast. Might be worth looking into. NOTE: No MLB network though.

Can you buy the FSN package and get baseball games on DirecTV? I thought you had to purchase the baseball package as a whole. I do have MLB on DirecTV, channel 213, I think.