PDA

View Full Version : Reds-Mudcats exhibition

CarolinaRedleg
03-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Anybody else going?

bounty37h
03-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Yup, I have seats right on the dugout corner, I called the morning they went on sale and got the first ones sold!!!!! I am coming over from Hillsborough for the game, might try and get there early and have a day of it....

pahster
03-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I'll be there if I ever get around to buying tickets.

camisadelgolf
03-10-2009, 06:26 PM
I'll go if someone else is driving.

RichRed
03-11-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm coming with my wife, a friend, his wife and their two sons. Can't wait!

Where's a good place to eat and have a frosty beverage down there?

dougdirt
03-11-2009, 01:15 PM

Wendy's.
http://s.wsj.net/media/frosty_art_200_20080418142157.jpg

RichRed
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Wendy's.
http://s.wsj.net/media/frosty_art_200_20080418142157.jpg

Ha, guess I asked for that one. You've been extremely helpful. :)

pahster
03-11-2009, 02:52 PM

I'm not very familiar with the area yet, but Raleigh is only about 30 minutes away. Should be lots to do there.

bounty37h
03-11-2009, 03:05 PM
There is literally nothing around the stadium, it is built on an old farm I believe, but it is literally a field with a stadium with a field in it :) Nothing in the town of Zebulon really, but Raleigh is pretty close by overall, so if your staying there- eat, drink and be merry before heading over to Zeb.
Anyone interested in meeting up before the game, if nothing else, to put faces behind these names we read from so often?

CarolinaRedleg
03-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Definitely looking forward to meeting some fellow RedZoners at or before the game.

bounty37h
03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Should we work on arranging at least a meeting spot, even if only for a few minutes, before the game for any RedsZoners there. I want to get there early to get autos and pics (excited to finally have Reds ball in NC!), so maybe arrange to meet up between innnings even....

CarolinaRedleg
03-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Sounds good do me (I'm going to try to snag some autographs and pics pregame too). I'm not as familiar with Five County Stadium as I am with others, so if anybody has suggestions, I'm all ears.

bounty37h
03-12-2009, 09:00 AM
It has been a couple seasons since i have been out there, but doubt much has changed. As I stated above-the stadium is literally in a field-nothing but parking around it. I think player access is pretty good overall, although they did have netting near the dugouts that was different at that time from a lot of other stadiums (cant pin off memory what made it different, but remember having hard time with it), making it harder to hand over items to get signed. The concourse and concessions were pretty good overall, fun smaller stadium. My buddies dad is going to be an usher there this season, and he said the game is almost sold out, so if you dont have tix yet, better get on it.

bounty37h
03-19-2009, 11:59 AM
just a couple weeks, anyone else going?

Triples
03-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Who will be playing in this game? The players assigned to the Mudcats vs the major league Reds or some other combination of minor league players vs the Reds?

RedsUp
03-24-2009, 05:11 PM
A mix of prospects from different levels. They will play both games in Dayton and Zebulon.

bounty37h
03-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I am so pumped over this weekend, not only have my Heels in the Final Four, but get to see my Reds in person Friday night!!!! What a great weekend for me (I hope!!), its going to be a looooong week waiting this one out, but have had these tickets LITERALLY since the minute they went on sale, so guess been waiting a while already!

OnBaseMachine
03-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I am so pumped over this weekend, not only have my Heels in the Final Four, but get to see my Reds in person Friday night!!!! What a great weekend for me (I hope!!), its going to be a looooong week waiting this one out, but have had these tickets LITERALLY since the minute they went on sale, so guess been waiting a while already!

We expect a full report and some pictures. :D

bounty37h
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
We expect a full report and some pictures. :D

I will do my best, not used to having to report on games, so first time expereince with that :) I am def taking my camera though, adn with ym seats, hope I can get some great shots-hope there isnt too much net in my way. I have never posted many pics, so not 100% sure how to do that once I get em really, but am sure if I get any good enough to share, someone can help me get em up. I am getting nervous about the rain they are calling for this weekend-I am going to be one really disapointed Reds fan if they cant play this-been waiting my whole life it seems :)

NC Reds
03-31-2009, 07:50 PM
I'll be there as well. I have to leave work early on Friday for the 6pm start time. :cool:

DurhamRed
03-31-2009, 08:32 PM
I will be there as well - very cool to have the Mudcats now affiliated with our beloved Reds, at least for those of us in the Triangle area.

bounty37h
04-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I am leaving work early too. I wonder what time will be best to get there to see infield/BP, get autos, etc? I am also hoping to stay after long enough to get autos after the game if I can. I am actually just hoping they even play the game at this point-calling for rain, I am concerned the Reds will just call the game and not even travel to NC since they play in Dayton the next afternoon. Where are your seats? I cant rememer mine offhand, but know I am on the corndoer of hte dugout-will post my seats tom exactly though. I will be wearing my Red jersey (nameless), and my wife likely may be as well-thanks to Miss Kitty Duran for those, we love having matching ones!!!!

nineworldseries
04-02-2009, 09:59 AM
So I've heard two different things about this game: 1. The Reds will play the "Futures Team" just like they will in Dayton the next day, only in a different location, and 2. The Reds will play the regular Mudcats squad. Which is it? Does anyone know?

I'd love to go, but it's way too far of a drive for me :)

bounty37h
04-02-2009, 11:07 AM
It is a Futures team, same as Dayton the next day. But, I wonder with chance of rain, if they will cancel the game, or change the futures team and just have it be Mudcats so they arent flying them up here if they might not even play.
My seats are section 218, row A, hope to meet some of you there!

dougdirt
04-02-2009, 01:23 PM
It is a Futures team, same as Dayton the next day. But, I wonder with chance of rain, if they will cancel the game, or change the futures team and just have it be Mudcats so they arent flying them up here if they might not even play.
My seats are section 218, row A, hope to meet some of you there!

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USNC0777?dayNum=1

It looks like there is a solid chance of the game getting in.

CarolinaRedleg
04-02-2009, 10:02 PM
So have we decided on a meeting place?

bounty37h
04-03-2009, 09:59 AM
So have we decided on a meeting place?

I think meeting in game would be best-going to be trying to get pics and autos before and after game. Maybe pick an innning and meet for a beer in a designated area? I havent been to a game there in 3 or 4 years, so cant recall enough to state where off hand, last time I went there was for a WIllie Nelson/Bob Dylan concernt 2 summers ago.

bounty37h
04-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Wanted to also add that the day looks BEAUTIFUL so far!!!!!! We had crazy storms last night through early monring, but we def have a Carolina Blue sky overhead right now! Very windy, but warm enough and sunny skies, lets play ball!!!!!!!

bounty37h
04-03-2009, 01:57 PM
OK, I am getting ready to head towards the stadium, so wont be on here to see if anyone else wants to meet up, but I am in sec 218, row a, on the outfield side of third base dugout. My wife and I will most likely have on matching Reds jersies (again, BIG thank you to Kitty!)-both red. Hope to meet some of you out there!

CarolinaRedleg
04-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Well, after attending the game, I feel better about the future of the Reds. The now....um, we'll see (kidding, sort of).

Got there at the opening, got autographs from Weathers, Phillips and Herrera and several great pregame photos (will post them soon). Living so far away from Cincinnati, this was the first time I've seen the Reds in person in 21 years (went to Riverfront in 88), so awesome experience on my part.

CarolinaRedleg
04-05-2009, 09:19 AM
I hope everybody can access these....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=84742&id=692491151&ref=nf

Let me know if you can't.

camisadelgolf
04-05-2009, 11:22 AM
The photos look great. Thank you, CarolinaRedleg. :)

bounty37h
04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Well, after attending the game, I feel better about the future of the Reds. The now....um, we'll see (kidding, sort of).

Got there at the opening, got autographs from Weathers, Phillips and Herrera and several great pregame photos (will post them soon). Living so far away from Cincinnati, this was the first time I've seen the Reds in person in 21 years (went to Riverfront in 88), so awesome experience on my part.

I got Baker and Herrera down the 3'rd base line right before game started. Got Clay Counsil (pitched to Hamilton in All Star game last year)to sign a ball for me as well. Most of the others were not the least bit interested in the fans, and didn't seem to care to be there at all. They sure didn't do a single thing to make any new fans for the Reds last night in any fashion.

OnBaseMachine
04-07-2009, 12:04 AM
I hope everybody can access these....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=84742&id=692491151&ref=nf

Let me know if you can't.

I can't. It looks like you have to have a facebook account to view the pics. Is there any other way you can post them? If not, no biggie. :)