PDA

View Full Version : Danny Dorn has a new blog

dougdirt
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Danny Dorn is now blogging for MLB.com. You can check it out by going here: Dorn's Dish (http://redsprospect.mlblogs.com/)

Here is his first post

Starting Up Again

Hello everybody! My name is Danny Dorn and I play outfield and first base for the Cincinnati Reds Organization. I was born and raised in Diamond Bar California where I attended Cal State Fullerton and was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in 2006. Well, it's that time of year when the weather begins to heat up and the baseball season begins. I worked hard during my off season to stay in shape so I'm ready to go! Our spring training is currently located in Sarasota, Florida. Next year we will be moving to Goodyear Arizona and from what I have heard and read it is going to be a beautiful facility. Being from the west coast, I will not miss flying across the country and it will be nice to be closer to home. However, Sarasota is very nice with warm sunshine and beautiful beaches. Minor league camp for position players officially started March 10th, but I came down a few days earlier to get settled in and get many of the fitness tests out of the way that must be completed at the beginning of spring. I always look forward to spring training so I can finally get out on the field and get those competitive juices flowing again. It is always great to see the many friends that I have made through playing baseball. I will try and keep the posts coming to keep you guys updated on what is happening in Sarasota.