PDA

View Full Version : Artists You Simply Cannot Stand

GAC
03-16-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm referring to a band, solo artist, or even a song - that when you hear them on the radio or any other media, it drives you nuts! You want to reach down and rip your radio out of the console of the car... you want to drive off the road and start taking out landmarks or livestock. :cool:

Some of mine?

Huey Lewis and the News - the whole repertoire, but Heart of Rock N Roll
Genesis - Tonight,Tonight,Tonight & Invisible Touch Arrrrrgh!
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night (just heard this one)
McCartney & Wonder - Ebony and Ivory
Styx - Babe and Mr Roboto
Debbie Boone - You Light Up My Life

Just for starters

*BaseClogger*
03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh boy, this could get interesting. I'll go with pretty much the entire post-grunge genre. Who would have though something worse than nu metal was to follow?

Creed
Hinder
Shinedown
Seether
3 Doors Down
Staind
Breaking Benjamin
Puddle of Mudd
Three Days Grace
Matchbox Twenty
Godsmack
Saliva
Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback

paintmered
03-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Nickelback tops my list followed closely by Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy

*BaseClogger*
03-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Panic at the Disco is a joke but I have to be honest--I kinda like Take This to Your Grave (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_This_to_Your_Grave) by Fall Out Boy. Anything after that and yes can't stand it...

GAC
03-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Man! Am I old or what? I don't know of any of those bands!

Anyone ever hear of the Archies? :lol:

Others....

Little River Band
The Knack (they were the "next" Beatles...remember?)
Men At Work

*BaseClogger*
03-16-2009, 08:48 PM

You are the lucky one.

:laugh:

RosieRed
03-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Fine Young Cannibals
Katy Perry

There's a lot I can't stand, but those two immediately came to mind.

LoganBuck
03-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Fleetwood Mac - My parents loved them, and tortured me from birth

The Dixie Chicks - Beginning with that stupid "Goodbye Earl" song, their voices are sandpaper for my soul, they even covered Stevie Nicks "Landslide" even worse

Pretty much all acts considered to be Adult Contemporary during the 80s and early 90s

Aretha Franklin your ego and your hat are too big, and you haven't had a hit song since I have been alive, but everyone insists that you are still the greatest. Sorry

Madonna- You are old, get off the stage

The Foo Fighters --- I don't know why I can't stand them, but I do.

TeamSelig
03-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Oh boy, this could get interesting. I'll go with pretty much the entire post-grunge genre. Who would have though something worse than nu metal was to follow?

Creed
Hinder
Shinedown
Seether
3 Doors Down
Staind
Breaking Benjamin
Puddle of Mudd
Three Days Grace
Matchbox Twenty
Godsmack
Saliva
Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback

Ouch. If this thread were Your Favorite Artists... your list would be mine with the exception of a few.

Redhook
03-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Nickelback. Hands down. I hate them with a passion. They suck.

LawFive
03-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Fiona Apple, Alanis Morrissette, and any other female belonging to the "One guy mistreated me so therefore all guys must be scum!" genre. I have to immediately change the station any time those two start to play.

SunDeck
03-16-2009, 09:34 PM
I have a hard time coming up with artists that I loathe because they're just not on my mind. But I can truly say I hate Dave Matthews and I can trace it back to the very moment I first heard "Crash into me".

Post edit: I hate Madonna too, but not because she's old, but because she sucks and always has.

*BaseClogger*
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
The Foo Fighters --- I don't know why I can't stand them, but I do.

Because they are completely unoriginal? :dunno:

The Baumer
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
The only band that really bugs me when they come on the radio is Incubus. Can't stand his voice.

11larkin11
03-16-2009, 10:54 PM
About the only one i cant stand is Coldplay. And alot of the newer Nickelback

JBChance
03-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Can't stand Kid Rock. That rip off of Sweet Home Alabama makes me ill.

Oh, and Fred Durst should go jump off a cliff.

WVPacman
03-16-2009, 11:48 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned that alien M Jackson(wacko jacko)
Just to name a few

M Jackson
Boy george
George micheal
All rap songs
Chesney(the country singer)

Ravenlord
03-17-2009, 12:00 AM
"Hollywood *****" by...i think Papa Roach. poignant, but bland. same with "Bad Girlfriend" by...someone.

Buckcherry topped out with "Lit Up"

Aerosmith has suked for years, "Amazing was the last song they had i like since "Walk This Way" and "Dream On."

i absolutely don't understand the Dave Mathews thing, especially since about half their fanbase seems to hate the glory that is Simon and Garfunkel.

i also dislike Incubus, most bland rap acts (Wu Tang rox), and most Carlos Santana songs.

hell, i hate Toby Keith, but i can acknowledge he's prolly the most talented overall, artist out there right now (that's writing, arrangement, and ability in that order).

*BaseClogger*
03-17-2009, 12:10 AM
I absolutely love Brandon Boyd's voice in Incubus's classic style, but I can see how his voice is annoying in songs off of Light Grenades such as their most recent single, "Love Hurts"...

The Baumer
03-17-2009, 12:16 AM
I absolutely love Brandon Boyd's voice in Incubus's classic style, but I can see how his voice is annoying in songs off of Light Grenades such as their most recent single, "Love Hurts"...

I don't mind Pardon Me or Stellar but Drive, How Do You Do It, Love Hurts and pretty much every single after their first popular cd is grating.

BoydsOfSummer
03-17-2009, 12:38 AM
The Doors. That's right, I said it. Nothing can make me reach for the dial faster than the start of a Doors tune.

RosieRed
03-17-2009, 12:42 AM
hell, i hate Toby Keith, but i can acknowledge he's prolly the most talented overall, artist out there right now (that's writing, arrangement, and ability in that order).

No.

03-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Rascal Flatts. I hate all pop country, but they are the worst.

I listened to a Neil Young and the International Harvesters show today, and although I respect Young as an artist and like what he stands for, I struggle with the sound of his voice sometimes. Not saying it sn't good- it just doesn't vibrate my eardrums well, I guess.

macro
03-17-2009, 01:32 AM
I have a hard time coming up with artists that I loathe because they're just not on my mind. But I can truly say I hate Dave Matthews and I can trace it back to the very moment I first heard "Crash into me".

Whew! I was afraid I was going to be the first and only to say that I hate Dave Matthews Band. I was ready to dodge tomatoes thrown my way. I can't stand them!

Creed
Hinder
Shinedown
Seether
3 Doors Down
Staind
Breaking Benjamin
Puddle of Mudd
Three Days Grace
Matchbox Twenty
Godsmack
Saliva
Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback

Ouch! Hinder, Shinedown, and especially Seether are three of my favorite bands of this decade, and I'm well into my 40s! Seether's remake of Careless Whisper is awesome. To each his own, I guess.

:dunno:

Back to the "despised" list, there was a country group back in the 90s called The Tractors. They were a one-hit wonder with a song that went something like "baby likes to rocket like a boogie woogie choo choo train". It's a wonder I didn't destroy a couple of stereos over that song. Also, anything by Brooks and Dumb. I can't believe they can continue to release songs with such cliche lyrics and have big hits with them.

Oh, and let's throw in Limp Bizkit, Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Carrie Underwood, and Kellie Clarkson while we're at it.

Caveat Emperor
03-17-2009, 01:37 AM
Whew! I was afraid I was going to be the first and only to say that I hate Dave Matthews Band. I was ready to dodge tomatoes thrown my way. I can't stand them!

It's cool -- just because you're all 100% couldn't-be-more-dead-wrong doesn't mean I need to waste perfectly good food. ;)

Redlegs82
03-17-2009, 02:24 AM

Creed
Hinder
Shinedown
Seether
3 Doors Down
Staind
Breaking Benjamin
Puddle of Mudd
Three Days Grace
Matchbox Twenty
Godsmack
Saliva
Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback

If I were going to make a list, it would look like this.

One addition I can think of:

Pearl Jam (I'm done with Eddie Veder's voice)

And there is no end to the ire I hold for Nickelback.:thumbdown

Ravenlord
03-17-2009, 02:37 AM
No.

i meant within the country genre. there are many acts (who wouldn't be associated with me), that i prefer before him. at least Keith can play and even sing the guitar/hook parts of virtually every song i like that isn't associated with Savatage or Iced Earth.

pahster
03-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Nickleback. I don't know anyone who likes them either, and yet they're a headlining arena act. Bland, bland, bland.

RedsBaron
03-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Madonna and Rascal Flatts have already been mentioned, and they both make my list.
Former sparring mates the Dixie Chicks and Toby Keith have also been mentioned, and while I used to like some of their stuff I can no longer stand to listen to either of them.

IowaRed
03-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I've never understood the Jackson Pollock thing but to each his/her own...

bucksfan2
03-17-2009, 08:09 AM

Creed
Hinder
Shinedown
Seether
3 Doors Down
Staind
Breaking Benjamin
Puddle of Mudd
Three Days Grace
Matchbox Twenty
Godsmack
Saliva
Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback

Wow, with exception to Matchbox Twenty and Nickelback these are some of the bands I listen to all the time. My two favorite bands, Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters, have been mentioned as others most hated. Is funny how each person has a different taste in music.

macro
03-17-2009, 08:22 AM
It's cool -- just because you're all 100% couldn't-be-more-dead-wrong doesn't mean I need to waste perfectly good food. ;)

:laugh:

Redhook
03-17-2009, 08:26 AM
AC/DC. I like Thunderstruck and that's it. I pretty much despise every other song they sing. They all sound the same. That guy's voice is more annoying than someone scratching their nails on a chalkboard.

I think Incubus could be great if they had a different singer. I like their music but he holds them back in a big way. Bad voice.

And let me throw out another shoutout for Nickelback. Worst band of the millenium.

Dom Heffner
03-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Nickelback took their name from the value of their music and the refund people would be asking for after hearing it.

I like Dave Matthews, but there are times he sounds like Adam Sandler when he sings.

As for artists I hate, the post grunge era (of which Matchbox Twenty is not even remotely a part of) pretty much sums it up.

I call this era, "Butt Rock," which can be defined as really grungy looking dudes singing love songs. Nothing like watching a music video that has a guy with 50 body piercings, tattoos, leather, boots, motorcycles, etc. , and he's singing an acoustic ballad.

I also can't stand the rap thing, if nothing else for the same reason as butt rock.

You have some guy dressed like he's in a street gang- gold teeth, wife beater, MLB hat off to the side, strutting around like he's a bad a**.

Yeah, when I think of intimidating people, I think of rappers. Wow, honey, be careful around that guy, he might break out into a rap! And he likes the Detroit Tigers- how frightening!!!

pahster
03-17-2009, 09:08 AM
I call this era, "Butt Rock," which can be defined as really grungy looking dudes singing love songs. Nothing like watching a music video that has a guy with 50 body piercings, tattoos, leather, boots, motorcycles, etc. , and he's singing an acoustic ballad.

Songs that don't involve Satan or elves are not metal. :p:

bucksfan2
03-17-2009, 09:17 AM
I can't stand

Led Zeppelin
Jimmy Hendrix
Nickelback
Gangsta Rap
Pink Floyd

Not a big fan of classic rock. I am warming up to it a little bit but not much.

westofyou
03-17-2009, 09:25 AM
I've never understood the Jackson Pollock thing but to each his/her own...

I as well.. and also Captain Beefheart and Patrick Nagel.. gawd I hate Nagel.

RichRed
03-17-2009, 09:26 AM

Creed
Hinder
Shinedown
Seether
3 Doors Down
Staind
Breaking Benjamin
Puddle of Mudd
Three Days Grace
Matchbox Twenty
Godsmack
Saliva
Buckcherry

And of course...

Nickelback

You saved me some typing. The ones in bold make me want to jump off a ledge. The only reason I don't agree on the rest of the ones you listed is because I wouldn't know who they were if they were playing in my backyard.

Oh, and Nickelback is an abomination. A pox on them.

Johnny Footstool
03-17-2009, 09:53 AM
The Ting Tings. Jeezus, what a terrible, terrible single.

Chip R
03-17-2009, 10:15 AM
The Doors. That's right, I said it. Nothing can make me reach for the dial faster than the start of a Doors tune.

It's not that I don't like the Doors, it's that I've come to the conclusion that they are overrated.

03-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. I just don't get it.

15fan
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I saw a sculpture exhibition by Cy Twombly in the National Museum in DC in 2000.

It's criminal that (1) that crap was in the National Museum, and (2) I can't ever get that 20 minutes of my life back.

nate
03-17-2009, 11:11 AM

Isn't he the Duran Duran poster guy?

westofyou
03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Isn't he the Duran Duran poster guy?

Yep.. the scourge of the 80's frame shops

nate
03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Yep.. the scourge of the 80's frame shops

Yes. This one last witnessed overlooking many a black leather and chrome sofa:

http://www.gluethemoose.com/neen/redszone/PatrickNagel.jpg

:cool:

redsfandan
03-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Dom I can agree with most of your post but Dave Matthews sometimes sounds like Adam Sandler? That's funny but really?

Most of the bands in the post that's been quoted multiple times (Hinder, Seether, Godsmack, Nickelback, ...) all sound alike to me. If there's nothing else on the radio it's ok but I doubt I'd ever pay anything to hear them. Same with a bunch of the alternative/pop boy bands (Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, ....)

Twenty-five years ago I couln't get into rap. Still can't.

Someone mentioned Brittney Spears. Does anyone actually consider her an ''artist"? Does she write any of her songs? (hell if I know but I'd be surprised) Does she play any instrument? (Never seen it) Can she sing well? (without "help") She seems more like an entertainer/brand name/production. ("Oh no Brittney shaved her head again?? Ok we can fix this. We have to. She's our meal ticket")

But if I have to pick one thing it would be all the "rock/heavy metal" bands that have come out in the last 10 years that when they sing it just doesn't sound like singing. I mean when it sounds like they're just yelling, literally yelling, and you can't make out a single word.

Ok, make it two things. I'd add all the 70's very soft rock sound alike bands. (If you know who Bread is I feel sorry for you)

Hey GAC, I think Badfinger was gonna be the next Beatles too. Oh well. Everyone wants the next big thing yet they can't let go of the past.

redsbuckeye
03-17-2009, 11:40 AM

Post edit: I hate Madonna too, but not because she's old, but because she sucks and always has.

Words cannot describe the distaste I have for Dave Matthews. The hate I harbor for him and his music was compounded by a former roomate in college who worshipped the guy (not you Nate). A friend of mine used to joke that he knew Dave Matthews fans who would wonder why Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan ripped off Dave's "All Along the Watchtower" because, obviously, Dave wrote that, but it wouldn't surprise me to know some fanboys actually thought that. I blame Dave for everything that is wrong with modern music today. No offense to anyone who likes him, I am just diametrically opposed to his existence.

*BaseClogger*
03-17-2009, 11:40 AM
As for artists I hate, the post grunge era (of which Matchbox Twenty is not even remotely a part of) pretty much sums it up.

I don't know--most music experts smarter than I place them into that (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll) category (http://www.pandora.com/music/artist/7ac7c4b6fae62e37)...

redsbuckeye
03-17-2009, 11:42 AM
The Ting Tings. Jeezus, what a terrible, terrible single.

My wife digs that song. Everytime it comes on my first thought is "WTF is this?"

*BaseClogger*
03-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I can't stand

Led Zeppelin
Jimmy Hendrix
Nickelback
Gangsta Rap
Pink Floyd

I'm not much of a classic rock fan either, but Zep and Hendrix are probably my two favorite... :(

RFS62
03-17-2009, 12:01 PM

I saw Captain Beefheart as the opening act for Jethro Tull's "Thick as a Brick" tour back in '71.

He got all upset at the sound system in the middle of the set and stopped the show until they got it where he wanted it.

I'm gonna booglarize you, baby.

Falls City Beer
03-17-2009, 12:26 PM
I think "Tropical Hot Dog Night" by Captain Beefheart is one of the greatest songs ever written. I love Van Vliet.

PedroBourbon
03-17-2009, 01:32 PM
I can't stand

Led Zeppelin
Jimmy Hendrix
Nickelback
Gangsta Rap
Pink Floyd

3 of your picks make up 50% of the "classic rock" on Lexington's classic rock station

BuckeyeRed27
03-17-2009, 01:39 PM
This is a funny thread. It really is interesting to see how peoples musical tatses differ.
I am fairly music tolerant but a couple that I just can't stand are Pink and freakin Macy Gray. That song she had a few years back made me want to drive off a cliff.

pahster
03-17-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't know--most music experts smarter than I place them into that (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll) category (http://www.pandora.com/music/artist/7ac7c4b6fae62e37)...

They're pop rock.

Dom Heffner
03-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Dom I can agree with most of your post but Dave Matthews sometimes sounds like Adam Sandler? That's funny but really?

He has that squeaky voice at times. When he sings, "I am no Superman..." all I can hear is Adam Sandler. Or maybe it just inspires me to sing it that way. I've been on both sides of the Dave train. I can tolerate him now, though I would rank DMB fans up there with the Cubbies'.

I don't know--most music experts smarter than I place them into that category...

I'm talking about a sound, not so much a time period. Matchbox Twenty is just white man's pop rock.

I look at the other names on that list, and they don't fit there in my humble opinion. Even the article you linked to compared them to Train, REM....hardly post grunge stuff in style.

I left Radiohead off the list because GAC mentioned bands that you hear on the radio.

Nobody plays that noise on the radio because nobody wants to hear it. :)

Seriously, the Backstreet Boys' greatest hits are more listenable than that stuff.

I just wonder how Rolling Stone can give all these unlistenable records 5 stars. Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Radiohead....

It's like Herbie Hancock winning a grammy. Okay, sure, but nobody listens to it, so who cares? I'll bet more people listen to Miley Cyrus a day than Radiohead.

Johnny Footstool
03-17-2009, 02:42 PM
The Offspring. That guy's voice is like an un-oiled band saw.

Roy Tucker
03-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I can't say there is anyone I can't stand.

There are songs/artists/genres that I prefer, some that I've grown tired of, some that I've never gotten tired of, some I used to like but don't now, some I didn't used to like but do now, some that I tune out, some I say "what is that?", but nothing that gets a real visceral I-hate-this rise out of me. I get something out of every song I hear. Some a lot, some not much at all.

bucksfan
03-17-2009, 03:09 PM

I must admit, I had an Archies LP growing up! Yes, I the later purchased it on CD as well. I actually dig some of those songs :eek::D :eek::eek: I think the rest of my commentary belongs in one of those threads about bands/songs you are somewhat ashamed about liking!!! :D:D

redsfanmia
03-17-2009, 03:56 PM
The Rolling Stones and The Eagles are automatic stations turns for me.

*BaseClogger*
03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I just wonder how Rolling Stone can give all these unlistenable records 5 stars. Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Radiohead....

Rolling Stone's music reviews definitely belong in your thread (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64782&highlight=drive+crazy+redux)... :rant2:

*BaseClogger*
03-17-2009, 03:59 PM
They're pop rock.

Fair enough. At least they aren't played on the radio anymore.

Speaking of which, are there any good rock n' roll radio stations left out there?

redsbuckeye
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Speaking of which, are there any good rock n' roll radio stations left out there?

No, not over air at least.

macro
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM

As a kid, I got an Archies 45 off the back of a box of Post Alpha-Bits cereal. It was one of the cardboard ones you cut out. I think I had one of Bobby Sherman, too.

westofyou
03-17-2009, 05:40 PM
As a kid, I got an Archies 45 off the back of a box of Post Alpha-Bits cereal. It was one of the cardboard ones you cut out. I think I had one of Bobby Sherman, too.

Yeppers... good times...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/98/2298/320/cereal.jpg

http://adverlab.blogspot.com/2005/02/flashback-cereal-box-carboard-records.html

RosieRed
03-17-2009, 06:36 PM
I cannot believe I failed to mention this artist the first time around:

Amy Winehouse.

Drives me INSANE. (Her music/voice, not her shenanigans, which I don't care about.) It's weird, because I like some music similar to her. But not hers.

sonny
03-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Any music on the radio between the hours of 7am to 10pm.

GAC
03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey GAC, I think Badfinger was gonna be the next Beatles too. Oh well. Everyone wants the next big thing yet they can't let go of the past.

I remember when I first heard "Day After Day" on the radio I thought it was the Beatles.

A reporter once asked the Beatles what was the secret to their success. I think it was Lennon who responded that if they knew that they go find four guys and become their managers. Of course they then founded Apple, and had artists like Mary Hopkins, Black Dyke Mills Band, Elephants Memory, White Trash. Other then helping James Taylor, Badfinger was one of their more successful ventures.

GAC
03-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Journey's Steven Perry's voice gets on my nerves. Add the song "Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin" to the list.

Same with Dennis DeYoung if Styx. Though I did like Styx's earlier work.

GAC
03-17-2009, 08:17 PM

In the late 60's and early 70's, the airwaves were dominated by these bands, and others, like the Jacksons, Osmonds, and the list goes on.

Any Three Dog Night fans here? Joy To The World?

nate
03-17-2009, 09:20 PM
In the late 60's and early 70's, the airwaves were dominated by these bands, and others, like the Jacksons, Osmonds, and the list goes on.

Any Three Dog Night fans here? Joy To The World?

Oh man, that was me as a kid. I think my favorite was "Momma Told Me Not To Come."

macro
03-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeppers... good times...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/98/2298/320/cereal.jpg

http://adverlab.blogspot.com/2005/02/flashback-cereal-box-carboard-records.html

Ah, yes! Nice find, woy!

Your link took me to this link, and lo and behold, there is my Bobby Sherman record (the one in the lower right):

http://www.wfmu.org/MACrec/cbmany.html

Redhook
03-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Evanescence. Their songs get old really, really fast. I heard that song that starts "Don't cry to me" tonight. What an awful song. Once Amy starts singing my reflex is to change the channel immediately.

cincinnati chili
03-18-2009, 12:31 AM
The Offspring. That guy's voice is like an un-oiled band saw.

That would be my pick for the worst band in the history of earth to achieve a sustained level of popularity. Nothing remotely interesting about their music, and they should have been sued for ripping off the Beatles' Ob-li-di-ob-li-da.

Amy Winehouse.

I've seen your posts on the music-related threads and I think we usually have similar tastes, but I disagree with you on this one. I hate her "act," but love her voice, singing style, the band backing her up, and the arrangements of her songs.

*BaseClogger*
03-18-2009, 12:34 AM
That would be my pick for the worst band in the history of earth to achieve a sustained level of popularity. Nothing remotely interesting about their music, and they should have been sued for ripping off the Beatles' Ob-li-di-ob-li-da.

Really? Am I misunderstanding some exaggeration? I'm not the biggest fan but Smash is awesome...

RosieRed
03-18-2009, 12:34 AM
I've seen your posts on the music-related threads and I think we usually have similar tastes, but I disagree with you on this one. I hate her "act," but love her voice, singing style, the band backing her up, and the arrangements of her songs.

That's okay, a lot of my friends disagree with me about her too. :) She does seem like someone I'd normally like, but for whatever reason I can't stand her.

RosieRed
03-18-2009, 12:42 AM

And maybe Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Which reminds me, for all you Nickelback folk, this is pretty amazing:

http://www.megaswf.com/view/ae5be0fc5f3cc7b1ca122edffe6489b1.html

cincinnati chili
03-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Really? Am I misunderstanding some exaggeration? I'm not the biggest fan but Smash is awesome...

No, I'm not exaggerating. :) I stayed up last night listening to every band in the history of earth, and they came in last right after Korn.

cincinnati chili
03-18-2009, 12:44 AM
And maybe Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Which reminds me, for all you Nickelback folk, this is pretty amazing:

http://www.megaswf.com/view/ae5be0fc5f3cc7b1ca122edffe6489b1.html

Ahhhhhh... stop it. They're gang-raping my ears.

bucksfan2
03-18-2009, 08:26 AM

Smash is one CD that I can listen to over and over again. Offspring has gotten more main stream and changed their sound now. Smash and to some extent Ixnay were a hard hitting mixture of punk/rock/grunge. Their later stuff sucks, but their early stuff was great.

*BaseClogger*
03-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Smash is one CD that I can listen to over and over again. Offspring has gotten more main stream and changed their sound now. Smash and to some extent Ixnay were a hard hitting mixture of punk/rock/grunge. Their later stuff sucks, but their early stuff was great.

I agree.

But you think they went soft and mainstream and now dislike their sound, but you like most of the bands on my other list? :eek:

*BaseClogger*
03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
No, I'm not exaggerating. :) I stayed up last night listening to every band in the history of earth, and they came in last right after Korn.

Aw now, I like KoRn too. They haven't made anything good since like 1999, but their self-titled debut is awesome and way ahead of its time. It was good nu metal before anybody else was making nu metal...

pedro
03-18-2009, 01:15 PM
All discussion ends with "Creed"

bucksfan2
03-18-2009, 01:28 PM
I agree.

But you think they went soft and mainstream and now dislike their sound, but you like most of the bands on my other list? :eek:

They went weird for lack of a better description. They went Pretty Fly For a White Guy. They went from writing songs to writing catchy jingles. I think its different than most of your detested bands but to be honest other than 3 Doors Down I haven't listen to more than a full CD of your detested bands in quite a while. I think the best way to describe Offspring is they went TRL.

RichRed
03-18-2009, 01:46 PM
All discussion ends with "Creed"

The only reason I like Creed just a bit more than Nickelback? At least Creed broke up.

Sean_CaseyRules
03-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Nickelback
Coldplay
The Proclaimers-500 Miles (I worked security Flannagan's this weekend and every single band covered this song, I'm just tired of it at the moment....)
Miley Cyrus
Britney Spears
N SYNC
Backstreet Boys
THRIVING "EFFIN" IVORY!!!

*BaseClogger*
03-18-2009, 02:01 PM
See, I don't like most of the boy bands or pop singers either, but at least you can avoid them. It's hard to avoid somebody like Nickelback who is on modern rock radio...

Cyclone792
03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
See, I don't like most of the boy bands or pop singers either, but at least you can avoid them. It's hard to avoid somebody like Nickelback who is on modern rock radio...

I actually don't even listen to the radio much anymore. It still plays some decent stuff from time to time, but between commercials and the amount of garbage on there, it's not worth the time unless I flip it on and get lucky.

I've become mostly a singer-songwriter kind of music fan now. Lots of not-so-well-known guys out there are producing really great stuff on their own, plus when they come to town for shows you can get in for about $15 or less (sometimes free).

redsbuckeye
03-18-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree.

I think most of the Offspring's stuff is still more hard rock than anything. It's just they have been mixing in radio friendly hits since Americana that suck (Pretty Fly, Why Don't You Get a Job, Want You Bad and that awful new ballad). That new Hammerhead song is pretty good IMO.

macro
03-18-2009, 03:44 PM
I actually don't even listen to the radio much anymore. It still plays some decent stuff from time to time, but between commercials and the amount of garbage on there, it's not worth the time unless I flip it on and get lucky.

Same here. I'm in the car about 90 minutes a day and it's either my own music or AM talk that I listen to. Before the Web, FM radio was about the only way to keep on top of what new music was good or hot, but not anymore.

Dom Heffner
03-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Oh gosh, how could I forget this one: John Mayer.

It's like Dave Matthews-lite, without the talent. I think that the lyric "Your body is a wonderland" might be the worst thing I've ever heard. Terrible.

He reminds me of that guy in high school who couldn't get a date until he learned how to play the guitar. Oh look at me, I'm brooding, I'm sensitive, I play a musical instrument. Here, let me move my Star Wars dolls so you can sit on my bed. Let me write some syrupy crap so you will be seduced by me.

And Prince. You can call him a genius, great artist, and we can debate that until the cows come home. I'd say he is one of the most overrated artists out there.

But one thing we can agree on is this: If Prince went to your high school, he would have been severely beaten every day by the third period shop class.

Johnny Footstool
03-18-2009, 04:46 PM
And Prince. You can call him a genius, great artist, and we can debate that until the cows come home. I'd say he is one of the most overrated artists out there.

I forgive you for being wrong about this.

I think Prince wrote and recorded some of the most brilliant pop music in history.

And I don't care if he is a midget who dresses like an 8 year-old girl.

*BaseClogger*
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
John Mayer's pop stuff is crap but I have come to respect his guitar playing and riffs...

Dom Heffner
03-18-2009, 05:04 PM
I think Prince wrote and recorded some of the most brilliant pop music in history.

I think Prince had one song that could be called brilliant: When Doves Cry.

It's all opinion, but I don't see how his music is anymore "brilliant" than Matchbox Twenty or Journey. He has also written loads of filler/crap that is mind numbingly awful.

Like I said, we can debate this for a decade, but you can't deny the shop class assertion. :)

Johnny Footstool
03-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Like I said, we can debate this for a decade, but you can't deny the shop class assertion. :)

Yeah, his mom probably had to bleach a lot of blood stains out of his ruffled shirts.

But comparing him to middle-of-the-road, formulaic rock bands like Journey and Matchbox 20 is a bit disingenuous.

redsfanmia
03-18-2009, 05:14 PM
I forgive you for being wrong about this.

And I don't care if he is a midget who dresses like an 8 year-old girl.

He can play some basketball though.

fadetoblack2880
03-18-2009, 05:16 PM
toby keith, nickelback, kid rock, limp bizkit, hinder, mudvayne, ac/dc, rush, guns n roses, van halen, etc. give me time, i'm at work. i'll add to this list.

westofyou
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
I think Prince had one song that could be called brilliant: When Doves Cry.Purple Rain says Hi.

Dom Heffner
03-18-2009, 05:45 PM
But comparing him to middle-of-the-road, formulaic rock bands like Journey and Matchbox 20 is a bit disingenuous.

And you can prove that....how?

Dom Heffner
03-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Purple Rain says Hi.

It's all opinion, and as I said, in my opinion, it's overrated.

But if you think it's brilliant, then it's brilliant to you.

We aren't comparing Len Matuszak to David Ortiz here.

RosieRed
03-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Ahhhhhh... stop it. They're gang-raping my ears.

But isn't it amazing??! Everyone who mentioned Nickelback needs to hear it!

pahster
03-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh gosh, how could I forget this one: John Mayer.

It's like Dave Matthews-lite, without the talent. I think that the lyric "Your body is a wonderland" might be the worst thing I've ever heard. Terrible.

He reminds me of that guy in high school who couldn't get a date until he learned how to play the guitar. Oh look at me, I'm brooding, I'm sensitive, I play a musical instrument. Here, let me move my Star Wars dolls so you can sit on my bed. Let me write some syrupy crap so you will be seduced by me.

But one thing we can agree on is this: If Prince went to your high school, he would have been severely beaten every day by the third period shop class.

I'm not a fan of Mayer, but he's an extremely talented musician, so he's at least got that going for him. Same with Prince, although I actually like a lot of his work. His funk is quite good. His pop? Eh, not so much. But I'm biased against pop because I don't like it in general.

westofyou
03-18-2009, 09:37 PM
n
We aren't comparing Len Matuszak to David Ortiz here.

Steve Perry and Prince?

Yeah I'd say more Billy Rogell and Joltin Joe DiMaggio.

oneupper
03-18-2009, 10:51 PM
I can't say there is anyone I can't stand.

There are songs/artists/genres that I prefer, some that I've grown tired of, some that I've never gotten tired of, some I used to like but don't now, some I didn't used to like but do now, some that I tune out, some I say "what is that?", but nothing that gets a real visceral I-hate-this rise out of me. I get something out of every song I hear. Some a lot, some not much at all.

You see, this is the voice of age and "mellowing" talking.

It's like with women. The older you get, the better they ALL look and if they ask..."would you?", you say "yeah...why not?"(if I had the strength).

I'm like Roy. I like a lot the stuff people are hating here, like Offspring, and AC/DC and even Coldplay, Nickelback, Fall Out Boy, Backstreet Boys and even S Club 7 (at times).

But GAC is right about Little River Band. Help was never on the way for them.

I used to hate the 1910 Fruitgum Company, but now it just reminds me of older, sillier days.

Oh...but rap sucks. It really does. :D

nate
03-18-2009, 11:51 PM
For me, it's performance artists.

Don't get it.

I never really got Mort Subotnick either. Although, I don't really get squeaky bonker stuff. I suppose Ligeti was an early squeaky bonker but I dig Ligeti.

guttle11
03-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Nickelback, of course. "Here's a song with sexual innuendo...Like it? He's another one. Like that one? Here's 12 more with the same riff." It's disappointing, because the guy has a really good voice for a rocker.

Macy Gray. Her stuff could be the best ever for all I know, I can't listen to it. That voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

The Doors (ducks to avoid flying shoes). It's not logical whatsoever because I can't really name an actual reason, but I can't listen to their music. At all.

Baby/Birdman - Worst. Rapper. Ever. How can someone essentially raise a talented lyricist like Lil' Wayne and have no talent himself? Does not compute.

pedro
03-19-2009, 02:33 AM
The Doors (ducks to avoid flying shoes). It's not logical whatsoever because I can't really name an actual reason, but I can't listen to their music. At all.

I find the cheesy keyboard stuff pretty appalling and I can understand hating them but yet...

Johnny Footstool
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM
And you can prove that....how?

Prove my opinion???

Honestly, if you don't like Prince, that's cool with me.

RichRed
03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
But GAC is right about Little River Band. Help was never on the way for them.

There's a reason those losers were lonesome.

redsbuckeye
03-19-2009, 11:03 AM
toby keith, nickelback, kid rock, limp bizkit, hinder, mudvayne, ac/dc, rush, guns n roses, van halen, etc. give me time, i'm at work. i'll add to this list.

May the gods of rock smite you from this earth! :angry: j/k

Honestly though Rush is one of those bands you either love or hate.

pahster
03-19-2009, 11:09 AM
May the gods of rock smite you from this earth! :angry: j/k

Honestly though Rush is one of those bands you either love or hate.

I'm of the latter persuasion. I find Geddy Lee's voice grating.

Falls City Beer
03-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Hating G n'R, Prince, and Van Halen? Sad, sad, sad.

Dom Heffner
03-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Prove my opinion???

Honestly, if you don't like Prince, that's cool with me.

Well, you said I it was being "disingenuous."

That means you think I'm being insincere or not genuine, not giving my true opinion. I assure you, I think Prince is awful LOL....

But listen- this is all in fun and I know you know that, so to each his own.

Steve Perry and Prince?

Yeah I'd say more Billy Rogell and Joltin Joe DiMaggio.

Steve Perry is listed in the top 100 singers of all time, ranked by surveying music industry people.

Sure, Prince is higher on that list, but Perry being on it shows that I would not be alone in thinking the gap is a bit smaller than the one you propose.

Corporate rock is fun to make fun of, but Perry is considered by many to be the best voice of the past 30 years, and for me, he's a better vocalist than Prince. The music may not be your cup of tea, but Perry's range goes into the highest register for males.

It's all opinion, sure, and this stuff is fun to debate, but it's not like Steve Perry is Mark McGrath.

westofyou
03-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Corporate rock is fun to make fun of, but Perry is considered by many to be the best voice of the past 30 years

And here I am over 45 and never met any of them... crazy.. especially considering I lived in The Bay Area during the 80's.

westofyou
03-19-2009, 01:22 PM
BTW Billy Rogell was considered quite a player back in "his" day.. they still talk about Joe though.

FWIW Prince can be in my band any day, he doesn't even have to sing, dance or write songs.. just give him a guitar and watch him tear it up... like in this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifp_SVrlurY

pahster
03-19-2009, 05:27 PM
FWIW Prince can be in my band any day, he doesn't even have to sing, dance or write songs.. just give him a guitar and watch him tear it up... like in this

He's quite a bassist, too.

Johnny Footstool
03-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Well, you said I it was being "disingenuous."

That means you think I'm being insincere or not genuine, not giving my true opinion. I assure you, I think Prince is awful LOL....

I believe you hate Prince. I just didn't think you would really, REALLY put him on the same level as Journey or Matchbox 20.

Falls City Beer
03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
He's quite a bassist, too.

Drummer? Yep. Check out Dirty Mind--except for a few synth fills, that's all Prince. The guy's a wunderkind. And he's a mean producer for sides.

Redhook
03-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Hating G n'R, Prince, and Van Halen? Sad, sad, sad.

I like Prince, but I can see how people don't like him.

G'n'R and VH though, wow. 2 of the best bands of all-time.

cinredsfan2000
03-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Jack johnson, jason Mraz UGHHH just shove sharpened penciles through my ear drums:confused::eek::runawaycr:runawaycr:barf::bar f::barf::barf::barf::barf: i just dont get either of them.

OldRightHander
03-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Any metal and rap.

Any pop singer who has to over embellish every note because the voice just isn't good enough to sing a straight note

OldRightHander
03-19-2009, 07:59 PM
oops

Redhook
03-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Seether's remake of Careless Whisper is awesome.

Great call. Their remake of that song is awesome. It's one of the best remakes I've ever heard. Even if you didn't like Seether you would like this song. It's that good.

cinredsfan2000
03-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Great call. Their remake of that song is awesome. It's one of the best remakes I've ever heard. Even if you didn't like Seether you would like this song. It's that good.

The wham song? cant say as ive heard hinders version but would be curious too:confused:

macro
03-20-2009, 09:45 AM
The wham song? cant say as ive heard hinders version but would be curious too:confused:

Yep, but it's Seether...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGNbq9Y7Odw

marcshoe
03-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Hair metal from the eighties: No Talent Required. That's what really killed rock n' roll, not Nirvana, as is often hypothesized.

George Anderson
03-20-2009, 01:36 PM
John Mellencamp...I don't mind his music but as a person I simply cannot stand him.

Mario-Rijo
03-20-2009, 04:06 PM
It's very interesting to hear what music people think is good. I guess I often don't listen to music for it's "message" which apparently many here do. I just get in a mood and and wanna hear that kind of music. But anything that is strong shoving it's message down your throat I can't stand and don't understand how anyone could. Especially political messages. I listen to music for a good time mostly and love most of what has been listed here.

However a few exceptions... Madonna, Whinehouse, Fiona Apple, Courtney Love all are repulsive people and artists too me although the young Madonna (like a virgin version) I did like at one time. Smashing Pumpkins & Korn I really don't care for. I used to not care for U2 or INXS but with age I guess I do appreciate them a little more somehow, but just for their actual sound not the "message". Oh yeah I am a big rap fan but cannot stand Lil Wayne, he sounds mentally challenged.

Mario-Rijo
03-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Hair metal from the eighties: No Talent Required. That's what really killed rock n' roll, not Nirvana, as is often hypothesized.

How dare you sir!

vaticanplum
03-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Anybody who thinks Fiona Apple is just an angry dude-hating girl has not heard enough of her music. There is quite a lot of depth and variety to her songs, not to mention great musicality and production. And this is coming from somebody who tends toward an inexplicable hatred of most female artists.

*BaseClogger*
03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
It's very interesting to hear what music people think is good. I guess I often don't listen to music for it's "message" which apparently many here do. I just get in a mood and and wanna hear that kind of music. But anything that is strong shoving it's message down your throat I can't stand and don't understand how anyone could. Especially political messages. I listen to music for a good time mostly and love most of what has been listed here.

You don't listen to music for its message but then you hate bands who have a message?

I love Rage Against the Machine but I'm not a communist...

Tony Cloninger
03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Rockers who i knew in the 80's.....had an dislike for Prince....based on the fact...that he was black, so therefore he could not be a rocker (HOW is that for irony)

While i love hard rock...classic rock... there is a lot of ignorance when it comes to some of these followers. Black guys don't rock....and if there is any funk involved (Like Stevie Wonder's stuff in the mid 70's) then it sucks.

Forget that the groove Bonham and JPJ used was based not only on the blues but a lot of stuff they borrowed from 70's funk.

There was one station out here in LA who would rather play Billy Joel's "Piano Man" and then call it classic rock....while being aghast that Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" actually went to Number 1 over "Born in the USA"....I mean really? How ignorant can you be?

NOW i understand why Prince can be disliked..... His antics...ego...but his musical talent is hard to deny. If you wanted him to make a good hard rock album for you...he could do it better than most people out there.
But hey....to my former metal friends of the 80's (I was a punker myself)....Quiet Riot...Posion...Ratt....."They blow the doors off anything that little purple freak can do."

Dom Heffner
03-20-2009, 11:11 PM
NOW i understand why Prince can be disliked..... His antics...ego...but his musical talent is hard to deny. If you wanted him to make a good hard rock album for you...he could do it better than most people out there.

My problem with him isn't his talent as a musician, it's as a songwriter.

The lyrics to "Little Red Corvette" sound like something a high school guy from New Richmond would have written in the late 70s. That song could have taken place in the backseat of one of John Coyne's junkers.

I can see where people like the music- I was a huge fan at one point- but all this talk about genius over a song like "Purple Rain" or "Let's Go Crazy" or "1999," and you start to think that hey, maybe even John Mayer is a genius. Maybe I'm one, too.

Again, "When Doves Cry" is an incredible, incredible song, but the rest of the catalog is just pretty decent pop/R&B.

If Prince is a genius, so are The Goo Goo Dolls.

The comment about Mellencamp is spot on. I could probably sit down with him and agree on a good portion of what he stands for, but when you sing, put a pipe in it. I always feel sorry for people who buy tickets to his shows and have to sit there and listen to anything other than music.

Tony Cloninger
03-20-2009, 11:47 PM
I can agree that his lyrics can be lacking in depth....he is like an erotic novelist putting his words to music.

I can't stand Poison. Sure...it's an obvious one....but the fact this band actually still get's spoken about...I mean they are an English Menudo...just not even that good looking.

Motley Crue is overrated to me and represented most of what i hated about the whole LA metal scene in the 80's.

Danny Serafini
03-21-2009, 01:36 AM
When I was 13 or so I took a 2 1/2 hour trip where my mom played the same Anne Murray tape over and over the whole time. To this day I cannot here a single note of hers without cringing. It's fingernails on a blackboard to me.

GAC
03-21-2009, 02:46 AM
John Mellencamp...I don't mind his music but as a person I simply cannot stand him.

He's another one that I can't stand. Jack and Diane or Little Pink Houses. Anything this guys does.

John Waite's Missing You.

Did I mention Air Supply? Ok, I just did.

I find the cheesy keyboard stuff pretty appalling and I can understand hating them but yet...

Rick Wakeman says Hi. :p:

JBChance
03-21-2009, 03:36 AM
John Waite's Missing You.

Did I mention Air Supply? Ok, I just did.

Add Richard Marx to that list. Blech

Easy listening at its worst.

Dom Heffner
03-21-2009, 09:54 AM
My grandmother loved Anne Murray, which is probably evidence of the appeal of Anne Murray.

Not to torture you, but could I have this dance for the rest of my life....

That's awful.

The John Waite song still sounds good to me, but I will agree that Air Supply had some of the worst songs ever. "The One That I Love" is one of the most overly sappy songs ever. I would definenit as wholly unneccessary.

That Time-Life CD commercial they do is one of the best it's so bad I can't stop watching it moments in television history. There's an enormous pitcher of limeade sitting on a table that single handedly makes it worth the watch.

Mario-Rijo
03-21-2009, 08:38 PM
You don't listen to music for its message but then you hate bands who have a message?

I love Rage Against the Machine but I'm not a communist...

Because they tend to be out front with the message so much so that you don't really get to hear the music. It's like sitting on a front porch listening to acoustic guitar with loudspeakers all around you blaring some political speech. Ya just can't hear the music for the message.

GAC
03-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Brand New Key by Melanie.

That shrill voice singing.... "I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key"

AAAAARRGGHHH!

NJReds
03-23-2009, 09:33 AM
I like all different kinds of music, but for some reason I can't stand Joe Jackson.

George Anderson
03-23-2009, 12:31 PM
He's another one that I can't stand. Jack and Diane or Little Pink Houses.:

A local pub I used to hang out in had a fellow patron that was one of the girls in the "Hurts So Good" video where Mellencampwas walking down a street and had two biker girls under his arms. She told me he was one of the biggest asses she ever met.

A guy that works for us used to cater events he had at his house in Bloomington. Johnny had a clause in his contract that if you looked at him or gawked at him you would be removed from the site. The funny thing is the clown acts like he is such a supporter if the American worker.

I could get into more things about why I despise him but its "Peanut Gallery" material.

WebScorpion
03-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I like all different kinds of music, but for some reason I can't stand Joe Jackson.
Down dooby doody wop a dooby wop a doody wop!

I guess I'm just really tolerant. I can find something likeable in almost all music. The only exception that comes to mind is Tiny Tim...I never liked anything about that freak and still cannot find anything to like about him except that he's gone. Um...yea, like I said, really tolerant. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/dunno.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Dom Heffner
03-23-2009, 02:48 PM
GAC- when on earth would you ever hear "Brand New Key"?

Ravenlord
03-23-2009, 04:45 PM

i love Anthrax's cover of his song; "Got the Time".

GAC
03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
GAC- when on earth would you ever hear "Brand New Key"?

C'mon Dom - you know very well I'm an old fart. I started this thread for people to list artists/songs that one simply hated and/or drove them nuts. It's not limited to any particular time frame, or what is currently playing. I really don't know any current music. That is how dated I am. Or call it the "generational gap". I do like to listen to an FM station out of the Dayton/Springfield area because it plays rock and pop music from the last few decades. You'll hear everything from U2 to Three Dog Night. And I did hear the song a few weeks ago while driving to work.

But it's more about songs that one recalls or remembers then what they have currently heard and/or are listening to.

I guess I need some more older folks to weigh in because there are many examples of these types of artists and songs back when AM radio reigned. ;)

remdog
03-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I guess I need some more older folks to weigh in because there are many examples of these types of artists and songs back when AM radio reigned. ;)

You had to bring up 'A Brand New Key'!

Yikes! It's now screeching around my skull like a recently released rabid rat and I can't get rid of it! Owwww, owww, owww.....

Rem

macro
03-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Well, since we're bringing up "Brand New Key", what about "Loving You" by Minnie Ripperton?

La La La La La
La La La La La
La La La La La La La La La

RedsBaron
03-24-2009, 06:35 AM
I remember "Brand New Key" and "Loving You," and, yes, I hated both songs.

Johnny Footstool
03-24-2009, 10:02 AM
You had to bring up 'A Brand New Key'!

Yikes! It's now screeching around my skull like a recently released rabid rat and I can't get rid of it! Owwww, owww, owww.....

Rem

That's too bad. When I hear "Brand New Key," I think about Heather Graham in "Boogie Nights."

Dom Heffner
03-24-2009, 01:13 PM
That's too bad. When I hear "Brand New Key," I think about Heather Graham in "Boogie Nights."

And when you think of Heather Graham it's always a good thing. A great thing, even.

And my apologies to any member of the board who is offended that I find Miss Graham attractive. :)

GAC
03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, since we're bringing up "Brand New Key", what about "Loving You" by Minnie Ripperton?

La La La La La
La La La La La
La La La La La La La La La

I hope you burn for bringing this song up. Took me years of hypno-therapy to get it dislodged from my brain.

I'm gonna have to put Nugent's "Wango Tango" in the car CD and crank it up! The only way I can exorcise that demon. :D

cincyinco
03-25-2009, 05:14 AM
So I was thinking about this thread long and hard the other night, and started making a list. I was pondering posting it until I realised it would go 50+ deep, with ease.

I'm a hater I guess.

Johnny Footstool
03-25-2009, 09:36 AM
And when you think of Heather Graham it's always a good thing. A great thing, even.

Roller Girl. That is all.