PDA

View Full Version : Soda Change at Fifth Third Field

JayBruceFan
03-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Just thought some people on here would like to know that the official stadium beverage of the Dayton Dragons is now Pepsi and Pepsi Related Products

camisadelgolf
03-17-2009, 05:13 AM
Thanks, JBF. I prefer Coca-Cola products, but as long as they're still serving beer, I'll be happy.

smoke6
03-17-2009, 08:21 AM
So the Reds go from Pepsi to Coke and the Dragons go to Pepsi? What did they serve at 5/3rd before?

OesterPoster
03-17-2009, 08:47 AM
They served RC products for the 1st year, and I'm not sure how much longer after that...then served Coke products until now.

medford
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
FWIW, I remember reading once that the Dayton area was one of the larger Pepsi over Coke preference areas in the country (though I'd assume that Coke still rules the rooste like it does everywhere else, we've just got more pepsi drinkers here than the average city). I think that is why Pepsi Clear was tested in the Dayton market before it hit store shelfs around the country, before dissapperating all together.

Pesonally, I prefer Pepsi over Coke, but Diet coke over Diet Pepsi, but diet cherry pepsi over diet cherry coke, but Cherry coke zero over diet cherry pepsi. Makin' sense to ya now? :)

KittyDuran
03-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, crap! I guess I won't be having a pop at the Dragons games... a shame you can't bring in your own like at GABP... :thumbdown Edit: I will drink MUG rootbeer if they have it, tho...

KittyDuran
03-18-2009, 04:13 PM
They served RC products for the 1st year, and I'm not sure how much longer after that...then served Coke products until now.IIRC it's was 1 or 2 years for Coke products there.

Vada Pinson Fan
03-19-2009, 04:22 PM
My wife likes Diet Mountain Dew so she'll be happy with that decision to change to Pepsi products.

bucksfan2
03-19-2009, 04:44 PM
I think that is why Pepsi Clear was tested in the Dayton market before it hit store shelfs around the country, before dissapperating all together.

Wasn't it Crystal Clear Pepsi? The commercials had Right Now by Van Hallen as its song. I used to love that stuff back in Jr. High. Its hard to believe that was all the way back in 93.

I am a Coke fan. Quite happy GABP changed.

bounty37h
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
My wife likes Diet Mountain Dew so she'll be happy with that decision to change to Pepsi products.

We call Mt Dew Carolina Coffee over in this neck fo the country :)

OesterPoster
03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Wasn't it Crystal Clear Pepsi? The commercials had Right Now by Van Hallen as its song. I used to love that stuff back in Jr. High. Its hard to believe that was all the way back in 93.

I am a Coke fan. Quite happy GABP changed.

It was called Crystal Pepsi, and I shamefully admit that I loved the stuff too. I remember drinking it while in high school, around '91 or so.

But then again, I also had a Smurf's lunch box in the 4th grade. My tastes are somewhat stupid. :D

Mario-Rijo
03-20-2009, 05:23 PM
We call Mt Dew Carolina Coffee over in this neck fo the country :)

Carolian Coffe and a little Wild Turkey will get ya what we like to call a Carter Cooler (my mother's maiden name) around these parts. Perfected by my late great uncle. R.I.P L.C.

Mario-Rijo
03-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Well, crap! I guess I won't be having a pop at the Dragons games... a shame you can't bring in your own like at GABP... :thumbdown Edit: I will drink MUG rootbeer if they have it, tho...

Touche' Kitty now I have my Pepsi back.....;)

JayBruceFan
03-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Updates:

Fifth Third Field will now also have Skyline Chili and Graeter's Ice Cream

savafan
03-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Updates:

Fifth Third Field will now also have Skyline Chili and Graeter's Ice Cream

Will they still have Dippin' Dots?

JayBruceFan
03-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Yes

KittyDuran
03-30-2009, 12:32 PM
http://www.daytondragons.com/pressbox/pressrelease/index.html?article_id=720

New Products at Fifth Third Field
03/24/2009 4:14 PM

Baseball season is upon us once again, and with it comes ballpark food! The hot dogs are grilling, the peanuts have been salted and Fifth Third Field has some yummy new items (as well as some great ballpark favorites) available for fans this summer.

Brand new to Fifth Third Field this summer are:

Skyline Cheese Coneys
Greater's Ice Cream
Pepsi Products

Of course, we can’t forget some of our old favorites that are back again, such as:

Heidelberg
Bob Evans Sausages
Mar-Chele Pretzels
Donatos Pizza
Dippin' Dots Ice Cream

So bring your ticket and your appetite and we’ll see you at Fifth Third Field this summer!