PDA

View Full Version : Ugliest Sports Stars/Celebrities

remdog
03-21-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm watching the tennis tournament from Palm Desert and, frankly, Andy Murray has to be one of the ugliest people on the planet.

On the womens' side I'm nominating Julia (Horseface) Roberts in a tie with Rosie O'Donnell.

We hear a lot of rankings about the 'beautiful people' but what about the 'ugly people'?

Thoughts?

Rem

Rojo
03-21-2009, 05:14 PM
John C. Reilly.

reds1869
03-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Our very own Aaron Harang for the win!

dabvu2498
03-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Secretariat... errr... Sarah Jessica Parker. I apologize to Secretariat and his family for that remark.

remdog
03-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Secretariat... errr... Sarah Jessica Parker. I apologize to Secretariat and his family for that remark.

Yep. SJP and Julia have always impressed me as being better qualified to run at River Downs than be on TV.. :)

Rem

Dom Heffner
03-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Don Mossi was a real peach.

MrCinatit
03-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Don Mossi was a real peach.

There were some who said that, had Don not been a ballplayer, he would have been the perfect mortician. He had the looks.

Hap
03-21-2009, 06:36 PM
http://static.baseballtoaster.com/blogs/u/cardboardgods/2008/925/0001/Rowland_Office_76_1080.jpg

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/pete-rose.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/giantgene1/_uimages/jimmaury.jpg

http://ladybunny.net/blog/uploaded_images/diller+on+stage.JPGcommand-GetPreview&library-Photo+Archive&RecID-1145025&Filename-diller+on+stage-744106.jpg

http://nickmielke.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/ap_zandt_071201_ms.jpg

sonny
03-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Willie McGee.

WMR
03-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Steve Buscemi FTW

Sean_CaseyRules
03-21-2009, 09:45 PM
BJ Mullins has to be in the top 5 all-time.

JBChance
03-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Mick Jagger looks like he's dead.

In fact, you could put all of the Stones as the group winner.

LoganBuck
03-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Andre Smith shirtless

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/3348283365_bdf63e0a84_m.jpg

JBChance
03-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Andre Smith shirtless

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/3348283365_bdf63e0a84_m.jpg

LOL!

WOOF! What a dog!

cincinnati chili
03-22-2009, 06:06 AM
I'm watching the tennis tournament from Palm Desert and, frankly, Andy Murray has to be one of the ugliest people on the planet.

On the womens' side I'm nominating Julia (Horseface) Roberts in a tie with Rosie O'Donnell.

Rem

Right. Men just run screaming with fear when ever she enters a room. Ugliest woman on the planet.

RedsBaron
03-22-2009, 07:54 AM
I can't argue with any of the nominations.
Don Mossi is a legend. Bill James once wrote that Mossi "was the complete ugly player. He could run ugly, hit ugly, throw ugly, field ugly and ugly for power. He was ugly to all fields. He could ugly behind the runner as well as anybody, which made him a great ugly-and-run man. And you talk about pressure...man, you never saw a player who was uglier in the clutch."
While James forgot to mention it, I believe that Mossi was also scrappy ugly.
I agree with the comment about Mick Jagger, but I think that Keith Richards looks even uglier and deader than Jagger.
Why oh why did Andre Smith think it was a good idea to take his shirt off? He should drop out of the first round of the NFL draft for that reason alone.
I totally agree with the comments about Julia Roberts and Sarah Jessica Parker. What I find to be remarkable rgarding those two individuals is that, unlike someone such as Don Mossi, some people have apparently believed that Roberts and Parker are attractive. Nobody ever suggested giving Mossi the starring role in a movie called "Pretty Man".

redsfan1966
03-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Greta Van Sustern.....ugly before her "work" and still ugly now and Ann Coulter ("Thats a man, baby!") and just so everyone doesnt think I have a political bias....Nancy ("The Joker") Pelosi...

Stewie
03-22-2009, 09:31 AM
While he may not quite be on the same level as Don Mossi, Otis Nixon should at least be an honorable mention here.

RosieRed
03-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah, they are so ugly omg how did they ever get any guy ever?! RUN AWAY NOW FROM THE UGLINESS.

:rolleyes:

Lot of hope for the young girls in this world when these two are "ugly."

http://www.fest21.com/files/images/Julia%20Roberts.jpg

http://www.celebrities-hairstyles.com/wp-content/themes/almost-spring/celebrityhairstyles/sarah-jessica-parker-hairstyles.jpg

redsfanmia
03-22-2009, 12:50 PM
If SJP or Julia Roberts ran into you at the grocery store you would say to yourself that is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen...... Well maybe not SJP but definitely Julia Roberts

remdog
03-22-2009, 12:56 PM
If SJP or Julia Roberts ran into you at the grocery store you would say to yourself that is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen...... Well maybe not SJP but definitely Julia Roberts

I've met JR several times. The girls working in the grocery stores are better looking. :lol:

Rem

LoganBuck
03-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Julia Roberts is not on the same planet as Andre Smith. Yikes

SJP on the other hand.........................

RosieRed
03-22-2009, 01:06 PM
I hope this kind of talk makes you all feel so much better about yourselves. Just wow. Is it jealousy? Insecurity? Did one of them steal your woman? (And if so, can you blame them?)

Rojo
03-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I hope this kind of talk makes you all feel so much better about yourselves. Just wow. Is it jealousy? Insecurity? Did one of them steal your woman? (And if so, can you blame them?)

Julie Roberts is nice looking, annoying, but attractive.

I'd say most men don't like SJP at all. Her stardom is built on her appeal to women.

cincinnati chili
03-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I'd say most men don't like SJP at all.

perhaps most guys don't like her more famous work (Sex in the city, etc), but the I agree with the "if you saw her in a grocery store comment" above. A lot of guys seem to get some kinda rise out of deconstructing any atypical physical features, even if they'd be attracted in real life.

Most of you know this, but she is a Cincinnati girl. I've never met her, but have heard she's very friendly. Her younger sister, who moved to metro NYC, used to babysit my younger sister.

03-22-2009, 01:54 PM

An Adam Dunn thrread is closed before anything bad is posted and this remains open. :thumbdown

RosieRed
03-22-2009, 04:15 PM
An Adam Dunn thrread is closed before anything bad is posted and this remains open. :thumbdown

Nevermind, I get what you're saying.

dougdirt
03-22-2009, 05:07 PM
http://www.iphonesavior.com/images/2008/08/16/horse_face_sarah_jessica_pa.jpg

Or does she resemble this person more?
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/news/images/s/Snider_Dee/deesnider180x180.jpg

WMR
03-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't get hating on Julia Roberts but I've always thought SJP's face looked like a foot.

*BaseClogger*
03-22-2009, 05:56 PM

I agree but I have a problem with you only being upset about the female names brought up in this thread. Is there a double standard?

RedsBaron
03-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I agree but I have a problem with you only being upset about the female names brought up in this thread. Is there a double standard?

Much worse was said on this thread about Don Mossi ( I know because I said much of it).
I wouldn't say anything nasty to any of these celebrities in person, and I wouldn't post it here if I thought that there was one chance in a trillion that any of them would read this thread. Actually, while I laughed at Bill James comments about Mossi in his Historical Baseball Abstract I have always wondered about the decision by James to include those comments in a book that millions of people might read, with the chance that Mossi might learn of the comments and be offended.
Julia Roberts has said worse things about other people than anything posted here about her---and, yes, while it is an overstatement to call her "ugly," as far as celebrities go she is at best ordinary looking. If I encountered her in a grocery store I absolutely would not think she was the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen.
What are the standards to use when posting opinions about celebrities? For that matter, many, perhaps most, posters here have made crticial comments from time to time regarding the performance of Reds players, but that doesn't mean most of us would, if given the opportunity to meet them, immediately start telling them how rotten we thought they were in a particular game. There is another thread about singers posters do not like. I mentioned Rascal Flatts and Madonna as being singers whom I think are not good singers (or words to that effect). Well, as professional singers go I stand by that comment, but I fully realize that they are far, far better singers than I am. For that matter, I am probably uglier than any of the celebrities mentioned herein.

RosieRed
03-22-2009, 07:27 PM

I mentioned elsewhere that it wasn't just the girls mentioned here that bothers me, that I think this is a mean-spirited thread in general.

reds1869
03-22-2009, 07:40 PM
I mentioned elsewhere that it wasn't just the girls mentioned here that bothers me, that I think this is a mean-spirited thread in general.

No meaner than most of the locker room conversation I've heard and/or been a part of. This is far different than a "name the ugliest Redszoner" thread.
On the topic of the thread, I don't understand including Julia Roberts at all. Is she the hottest woman alive? No. But I think there are a lot of guys on here that must have prettylow opinions of how attractive the women in their lives are if she is ugly.

RosieRed
03-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Then take it to the locker room.

What I really don't get is, who even sits around thinking about who is the ugliest sports star/celebrity in the first place? There's a billion other things to do with your time than make such a list.

redsfan1966
03-22-2009, 08:06 PM
In the spirit of political correctness....here are some ugly dude candidates---John Malkovich, Sam Donaldson and Beetlejuice (of Howard Stern show fame)....

remdog
03-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I grew up in Cleveland in the era of Don Mossi. He and Ray Narleski were a heck of a bullpen for a few years. One leftie, one righty. But, when the Disney movie 'Dumbo' came out....well, you get the idea.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/M/don-mossi.

Rem

paintmered
03-22-2009, 11:14 PM

98% of anything Adam Dunn related is beating a dead horse. Boss has addressed that particular subject on multiple occasions.

This thread is in bad taste to be sure. But Redszone has seven rules and this thread doesn't violate any of them.

RosieRed
03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
is beating a dead horse.

According to this thread, the same can be said about SJP.

Patrick Bateman
03-22-2009, 11:31 PM
This thread is in bad taste to be sure. But Redszone has seven rules and this thread doesn't violate any of them.

There probably should be one :lol:

Razor Shines
03-23-2009, 02:55 AM
According to this thread, the same can be said about SJP.

I for one am going to take against the majority and say that I am not in favor of beating Sarah Jessica Parker because she looks like a horse. I am in favor of humanly turning her into glue should she happen to break a leg.

RedsBaron
03-23-2009, 06:40 AM
In his original Historical Baseball Abstract, which was my source for the comments about Don Mossi, Bill James (who no one has ever claimed is a Brad Pitt lookalike), included in his comments about how major league baseball was played in each decade a short section on baseball's best looking and ugliest players of the decade.
So that his rankings would not be influenced by how good a player was, James had his wife select the good looking and ugly players of each decade. I can recall that his wife picked Carlton Fisk as one the best looking players of the 1970s and George Foster as one of the ugliest.
James himself included comments on players who were heavy drinkers, the lightest player, the heaviest player, the fastest player, who had the best arm, etc.

GAC
03-23-2009, 08:06 AM
I always thought Rick Mahler was one of the ugliest athletes I had ever seen. And to prove that I couldn't really find a decent enough photo of him in Google images to post. I guess Google agrees. :D

Bette Midler. One very talented woman with a great voice, but....

http://www.lyricsforall.com/images/artists/1265/10039369.jpg

elfmanvt07
03-23-2009, 09:33 AM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1908/stanbushcalltoactiontl4.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, the rock icon Stan Bush.

smith288
03-23-2009, 10:13 AM
SJP and Julia Roberts arent ugly. At worst, normal looking but cmon. I have seen uglier and I wouldnt go running like I saw an undead walking towards me. Lets be real.

Liza Minelli
Grace Jones
Cher
Jon Heder
Kid Rock
Michael Jackson
Rosanne Barr
Lyle Lovette (whoa man... hit every branch in the ugly tree)

PedroBourbon
03-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Gheorghe Muresan

remdog
03-23-2009, 07:52 PM
WebScorpion mentioned 'Tiny Tim' over on the 'Artists you cannot stand' thread.

Oddly enough, he sort of resembles the above mentioned Don Mossi.

Rem

BuckeyeRed27
03-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Ervin Johnson. Not Magic the other one.

Mark T
03-24-2009, 12:55 AM
I nominate myself, with the caveat that I may place a distant fifteenth to all of those who have posted without photos here. It is my life's experience that you cannot judge a book by its cover.

remdog
03-24-2009, 07:36 AM
I nominate myself, with the caveat that I may place a distant fifteenth to all of those who have posted without photos here. It is my life's experience that you cannot judge a book by its cover.

This thread is about judgeing the cover. ;)

Rem

durl
03-24-2009, 08:38 AM
This is a tough thread. I try not to be critical when it comes to someone's appearance, and we all know what momma said, "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all."

So rather than give my opinion, I'll just post an extremely funny line from Family Guy. The subject is censoring TV and Peter says, "they put Sarah Jessica Parker on TV and she looks like a foot!"

MasonBuzz3
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM
being a huge NBA fan, the association has plenty of ugly dudes that I've seen up close:

Sam Cassell, proof that there is life on other planets
Chris Kaman
Pau Gasol
Joakim Noah
Tayshaun Prince
Chris Bosh
Charlie Villenueva
Greg Oden
Matt Barnes
Z Illgauskas
Sheldon Williams
Chris Anderson

and a couple of cincy legends....Tyrone Hill and K Martin

MasonBuzz3
03-24-2009, 03:14 PM
oh yeah, and Sal Fasano wins the MLB ugly man award...followed closely by Stormy