PDA

View Full Version : Roto league trade advice

HumnHilghtFreel
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Standard Roto league.

I was offered Jhonny Peralta for Derek Jeter.

My team as it stands is

C: Joe Mauer
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Alexei Ramirez
3B:Melvin Mora
SS: Derek Jeter
CI: Troy Glaus
OF: Carlos Beltran
OF: Carlos Quentin
OF: Jermaine Dye
Util: Mike Lowell
Util: Willy Taveras
Bn: Ty Wigginton

I feel like I have pretty decent power thus far, but Peralta would be an upgrade there to help put me at or near the top in that respect. IYO, is the loss of avg and stolen bases worth making the move?

RedsManRick
03-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Glaus is really your only AVG liability and if you're willing to stick with Taveras, he and Beltran put you middle of the pack in steals by themselves.

Personally, I'd rather have Peralta because of the 25/100 upside you mention. But you've got a pretty solid, well rounded offense, so you might be better off just sticking with the "sure thing" in Jeter.

Your bigger issue is finding a C. Given the state of his back, Mauer cannot be counted on for opening day.

*BaseClogger*
03-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Eh, it's too early to worry about little swings in specific categories like those represented in Peralta and Jeter. I would stick with Jeter because he is the better all-around roto player. I would worry about trades like this later in the season after I have gotten some value from the better player (all IMO)...

HumnHilghtFreel
03-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Eh, it's too early to worry about little swings in specific categories like those represented in Peralta and Jeter IMO. I would stick with Jeter because he is the better all-around roto player IMO. I would worry about trades like this later in the season after I have gotten some value from the better player (again, IMO)...

I tend to agree with sticking with Jeter, but it seemed like a very fair offer worth considering seriously. I have big expectations for Jeter this year in that upgraded offense though(I know you can say that most any year with them :D)

Appreciate the input from the both of you.