PDA

View Full Version : Minor stuff from todays AAA/AA games

JaxRed
03-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Went to Yankees/Reds game last night, and stuck around today to see the AAA/AA games which went on simultaneously.

First the over-riding factor was that there was a huge wind blowing in from LF on the AA field and a huge wind blowing out to right for the AAA guys. So much so that especially for the AAA guys, you have to ignore the long balls.

The starters for one inning each were Cordero and Rhodes. Cordero was at AAA and gave up at least one bomb. Maloney (AAA) and Avery (AA) followed. As you may have heard the games are very loose. Hairston and AGon were playing. I think Agon was just hitting, and basically was hitting for both teams whenever they came up. (So he was hitting every inning for both teams). Maloney gave up at least one bomb I saw.

Todd Frazier's girlfriend is totally hot.

Some guy named Cochran was pitching for AAA and I assume it was this guy

http://www.worcestertornadoes.com/thetornadoes/news/index.html?article_id=644

I was talking to 2 guys. One knew a LOT about the Reds system. I asked him if he was Redsof72 but he denied it. But he knew a lot! The other guy was Homer Bailey's dad.

Other stuff: You heard already that Yonder was with the A ballers. Valaika and Dorn were nowhere to be seen so maybe they went to Port Charlotte with big club.

Valiquette pitched for AA and looked pretty good.

This is first I knew this, maybe I missed it, but former Seattle catcher Ben Davis is in camp (AA) as a pitcher.

Lee Tabor is in an ankle cast.

Sean Henry Was playing outfield in AA not infield.

Guys I remember seeing and where: AA - Frazier, Francisco, Turner, Parker, Castro, De Jesus, Denove, Valiquette. Medina

AAA - Eymann, Watson, Stubbs (hit one out), Griffin, Bolivar

Saw a bunch of guys in workout grays: Fisher, Lutz, Ramirez

The Billings/GCL guys were millling around. Saw Duran in Ace bandage.

If I think of more I'll add or edit this

redsmetz
03-28-2009, 09:00 PM
We signed Davis last fall with the intent of converting him to a pitcher

The Reds have signed 31-year old righty Ben Davis to a minor league contract. Davis will be converting to pitcher from catcher likely starting in AA-ball.

dougdirt
03-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Lee Tabor broke his ankle this past week, hence the cast.

Duran had knee surgery, probably what the wrap was about.

OnBaseMachine
03-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the report Jax. Did you see Yorman or Sulbaran?

JaxRed
03-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Saw Yorman but was just milling around. Most of the GCL/Billings guys were just observing. Have yet to see Sulbaran.

BTW, Davis seemed smooth, but was having trouble throwng strikes