PDA

View Full Version : Reds Exhibition Game in Dayton 4/4

nineworldseries
03-29-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm psyched to see the Reds a couple days before Opening Day this Saturday at Fifth Third Field in Dayton. This will be yet another trip to one of my favorite cities, but I've never been to Fifth Third Field before. Who else is going? Who has been to Fifth Third before?

RedsUp
03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Don't worry, Fifth/Third field is a great place for baseball and the peoples over there are very welcoming. The food is good and it is easy to find parking.
You will enjoy the view from any seats in this modern ballpark.
I envy you...
Have a nice trip!

gedred69
03-29-2009, 09:51 PM
I used to buy part of a season ticket to Dayton, (when I could afford it). What a great ball park. That Field kinda' sent a message throughout the Minors, better give these teams a good Park to play in, if you want a team to stay in town. Now, the Minors are rife with nice Stadiums..

DaytonFlyer
03-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Fifth Third is awesome... if you want to save some money, park on the street for free along Third or Fourth Street near Patterson and save yourself $8. It's only about a 2 block walk.

OesterPoster
03-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Just remember, getting to 5/3 Field this year will be a bit harder. The Webster Street exit off I-75 is currently closed, and will remain closed into the summer. If you're coming down 75, you can use the Stanley Ave. exit and follow Stanley over to Keowee. The Keowee exit off 75 is also closed. You could also go down an extra exit to Main, but it requires driving through extra lights, etc.

If you're coming up 75, then there are plenty of options to get downtown.

For the original poster, if he's coming from Hilliard, then I think he should be okay taking Route 4 and using the Valley St. exit to Keowee.

redsfan1966
03-30-2009, 08:58 PM
I will be there and also am psyched---Fifth Third Field, while not as fan friendly (too many restrictions for the minors, in my opinion) as some minor league parks, is an awesome place to watch a game. I have been to Dragon games and also to the Reds/Marlins exhibition there a few years ago and have always been amazed by the major league atmosphere there. The fans are also very knowledgable and cordial.

I just hope our new Huntington Park (Columbus) can come close to 5/3 Field in comparison.