PDA

View Full Version : Hudy Delight to be sold in Machine Room

Redlegs
03-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Fans or want to enjoy a cold Hudy draft will be able to do so at GABP this season. The Machine Room will feature Hudy Delight on tap in 2009. However, if you want to get moody with a Hudy, it is my under- standing that this will be the only place in the ballpark where you can purchase Hudy. At least for now.

Ghosts of 1990
03-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Wish I was still able to drink

goreds2
03-31-2009, 12:34 AM
Cool, I will be sure to get a wad of ten dollar bills together before going.

Just kidding, that is an old tradition for the Reds from the 1970's. My old year books have those advertisements.

PedroBourbon
03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Can't wait to get a warm Hudy and a cold JTM!!! The Cincinnati Delight!;)

Redlegs
04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Did anyone happen to enjoy a Hudy on tap today in the Machine Room, on Opening Day?

DTCromer
04-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Did anyone happen to enjoy a Hudy on tap today in the Machine Room, on Opening Day?

I stoppped by but I didn't feel like waiting 30 minutes for a beer so I left and went back to my seat.

Road Pop
04-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I stoppped by but I didn't feel like waiting 30 minutes for a beer so I left and went back to my seat.

I know that feeling...

BTW, where is Hudy made now?

xavr1
04-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Hudy, the beer we love to hate.

Redlegs
04-07-2009, 06:51 PM
I know that feeling...

BTW, where is Hudy made now?
Hudy is, once again, Cincinnati owned. However, it's still under contract to be brewed in Wisconsin. The guy that owns Christian Moerlein purchased Hudy, Burger, and Little Kings Cream Ale. He plans on returning the operation to Cincy when possible.

Hudy Delight can be purchased in stores around Greater Cincinnati. Commercials are coming out in August, and Burger Beer will be relaunched later this year with 14-K being relaunched in early 2010.

Quatman Cafe in Norwood features Hudy Delight on tap. Stop in, have a burger, and get moody with a Hudy.

Road Pop
04-08-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks Redlegs. I've got Little Kings coming to a local bar (Indiana) next week. Delhi bars usually have Delight (Drew's), though I don't recall it on tap. I haven't heard Burger mentioned in quite awhile. I usually spend 2-3 weeks in Cincy each year and bring back Hudy. Couldn't get Little K's here for years.

Thanks for the info.

Redlegs
04-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks Redlegs. I've got Little Kings coming to a local bar (Indiana) next week. Delhi bars usually have Delight (Drew's), though I don't recall it on tap. I haven't heard Burger mentioned in quite awhile. I usually spend 2-3 weeks in Cincy each year and bring back Hudy. Couldn't get Little K's here for years.

Thanks for the info.
You bet. Hudepohl is personal with me. I've had many good times with family and friends with the brew canned and bottled down on Gest and 6th. I've enjoyed Little Kings too, but I'm a lager man! You can check out www.hudydelight.com as this develops. Rock N Roll with Hudepohl!

DTCromer
04-08-2009, 10:16 PM

Thanks for the info.

Where in Indiana?

Roush's socks
04-09-2009, 03:47 AM
My grandfather and uncle worked for Hudepohl. Glad to see it coming back.

Road Pop
04-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Where in Indiana?

Wabash... If you're near I'll save you some. Heck, I'll buy your beer if you show up for a televised Cubs game... I'm outnumbered in this town LOL.

I'm gonna have my brother bring some Hudy Delight soon.