PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Question

Newman4
03-30-2009, 02:07 PM
I need some assistance from some knowledgeable posters. I know that if you purchase tickets from GABP (or scalpers, which is what I usually do) then you don't have to pay the "Convenience Fee" or other fees that go along with tickets.com. What about buying tickets from Meijer? Do you have to pay extra fees if purchased from there?

davereds24
03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
yes

Newman4
03-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Same as tickets.com?

redsfan1966
03-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Yes, except for any additional mailing fees such as Next Day Delivery, since obviously you would get tix on the spot at Meijers---also be careful, some of the employees Meijer puts behind the customer service counter seem like accessing the ticket sites are like running a control board at NASA.....by the way, scalpers do charge fees, more commonly known as "markups"...

Newman4
03-30-2009, 10:51 PM
by the way, scalpers do charge fees, more commonly known as "markups"...

Hmm, I have always bought tickets for less than face value from scalpers. Usually, about 50% off the top end tickets. Are you saying they charge you more than face value?

mroby85
03-30-2009, 11:39 PM
The service fee's are ridiculous. Racked up like $60 in "service fees" for the powerpack. If you buy them straight from the reds box office at the stadium, i don't think you have to pay those fees though.

BearcatShane
03-31-2009, 12:26 AM
On a weekday night at GABP, you can absolutely RAKE a scalper. The key, never give in. If your going with just one other person, put 25 dollars in your back pocket and tell the scalper that is all the money you have so they won't pester you for more. I sat within 20 rows behind the dugout last year at least a half dozen times and never payed even close to 15 bucks a ticket. Also, if a scalper is trying to up the ante, just walk away and say sorry I just don't have the money. They called me back everytime.

Newman4
03-31-2009, 10:30 AM
On a weekday night at GABP, you can absolutely RAKE a scalper. The key, never give in. If your going with just one other person, put 25 dollars in your back pocket and tell the scalper that is all the money you have so they won't pester you for more. I sat within 20 rows behind the dugout last year at least a half dozen times and never payed even close to 15 bucks a ticket. Also, if a scalper is trying to up the ante, just walk away and say sorry I just don't have the money. They called me back everytime.

That's what I am talking about. Good deals can be had if you know how to bargain. :beerme:

RSNtransplant
03-31-2009, 12:12 PM
That's what I am talking about. Good deals can be had if you know how to bargain. :beerme:

and the team is bad. They start to win more games than they lose and the attendance spikes, you'll be paying the scalper "fees"

PedroBourbon
03-31-2009, 12:58 PM
and the team is bad. They start to win more games than they lose and the attendance spikes, you'll be paying the scalper "fees"

On the flipside, when attendance is down, I just buy the cheap bleacher seats and move down to the more expensive lower sections. Rarely do I have to move, and if so, not very far.

davereds24
03-31-2009, 01:19 PM
the only games you would ever have to pay more from a scalper for are opening day and a couple of the really good giveaway games (nuxy statue, phillips bobblehead).

even yankees, cubs, red sox, indians tickets were cheaper on the streets than face value last year.

RSNtransplant
03-31-2009, 03:21 PM
the only games you would ever have to pay more from a scalper for are opening day and a couple of the really good giveaway games (nuxy statue, phillips bobblehead).

even yankees, cubs, red sox, indians tickets were cheaper on the streets than face value last year.

this of course is assuming the team is bad right? I hear some people call Cincy a good baseball town so I figure if the Reds start winning you will be paying more for most games, that it is just years and yeas of losing that hurts attendance. I was not in Cincy in early 90s when team was good, are you saying you could buy most games for less than face even then?

davereds24
03-31-2009, 03:50 PM
they would have to be really good for several years for that to happen. Supply is always going to be greater than demand for most games though.

RSNtransplant
03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
they would have to be really good for several years for that to happen. Supply is always going to be greater than demand for most games though.

that's too bad, i would hope that if the final home games of the season were meaningful that it would be sold out. I'm going to print this out and carry it around to show anyone who tries to tell me Cincy is a good baseball town.

gedred69
03-31-2009, 09:40 PM
It's simple. Win, and they will come. The hotter the division race (with the Reds in it), the higher the scalper price. Otherwise, you can do as one post said, get prime seats for way below face. I know because I've done it. Sat close behind the on deck circle to hear Griffey et. al talking, for $15.

OSUredsFAN
03-31-2009, 10:27 PM
that's too bad, i would hope that if the final home games of the season were meaningful that it would be sold out. I'm going to print this out and carry it around to show anyone who tries to tell me Cincy is a good baseball town.

I hate to say this, But I've been saying it for a long time: Cincinnati isn't that great of baseball town. It still lives on the BRM and Opening Day, other than that its just a town. If anything, I'd say that its more of a football town than anything, its sad but true.

Sure, winning brings out the fans, but if its that great of baseball town, there would be more than 15K at a game in the middle of the summer. just my .02