PDA

View Full Version : Roster space for 2 more starting pitchers...

OesterPoster
03-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Who would you go with out of this list (5x5 league, 12 teams)?

Carpenter
Meche
Maholm
Galarraga
Litsch
Buchholz

I'm leaning towards Carpenter and Maholm, due to the NL Central. I like to stay away from the AL East for pitchers, so Litsch and Buchholz scare me a bit...and the latter hasn't officially made the rotation yet. The Tigers look ugly on paper, so I think Galarraga has trouble getting wins.

Dom Heffner
03-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Maholm and Meche.

*BaseClogger*
03-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Carpenter and Meche. Not a fan of Maholm or Galarraga and like you I worry about Litsch in the AL East. Bucholz has a lot of upside but I like Carpenter better for a one year sleeper play. If you are taking a risk with Carpenter you should pair him with a sure thing, and Meche is a solid starting pitcher who you can be confident will give you adequate performance...

Eric_the_Red
03-31-2009, 03:00 PM
^agreed, Carpenter and Meche.

IowaRed
03-31-2009, 06:58 PM
also agree, Carpenter and Meche without any reservations

Dom Heffner
03-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Carpenter and Meche without any reservations

Except for Carpenter's shoulder and elbow. That guy is always one pitch away from the DL.

IowaRed
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Except for Carpenter's shoulder and elbow. That guy is always one pitch away from the DL.

Maybe I was wrong but I took the thread title to mean that the team was basically set but he had 2 roster spots to fill. If that were the case, Meche and Carpenter would be easy picks for me. Carpenter has been sharp at times this spring and I would definitely take the chance on him until such time that he winds up on the DL

Dom Heffner
04-01-2009, 11:25 AM
You know, I remembered incorrectly Maholm's PECOTA projection.

They don't really like Carpenter either, but I may agree with you now upon looking at it again.

There is some upside with Carpenter, with Maholm I don't see his ceiling being that high.

OesterPoster
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the tips, but after all that...Meche and Carpenter were scooped up before my claims went through. I ended up going with Maholm and Kuroda.

*BaseClogger*
04-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the tips, but after all that...Meche and Carpenter were scooped up before my claims went through. I ended up going with Maholm and Kuroda.

Well, the good news is I prefer Kuroda to some of the pitchers in the above list...

IowaRed
04-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Well, the good news is I prefer Kuroda to some of the pitchers in the above list...

I agree, I would have said Meche and either Kuroda or Carpenter if I knew he was an option