PDA

View Full Version : Adam Rosales

gobucks106
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
What are the chances that this guy will be our starting third baseman by the end of April. EE is at it again. Two more errors today. Both of them throwing. It's not like he's hit the cover off the ball this spring! I know he's had a bum shoulder not sure if it is his throwing arm or not, part of me hopes that is all it is. A sore shoulder based on the contract that he signed this off season. I'm in his corner and I hope he finally has that breakout season. But how long can we wait. You got to wonder when the light will come on for this guy. He seems to have the talent. Until last year since he's been a regular he's been one of our best clutch hitters. Then last year he goes out and hits .251 but has a career high 26 homers but only 68 ribeye steaks. He's got to have a better season than that. The knock on him in the past was never the bat, he could always hit, it's been the glove or should I say the arm. He makes far too many errors. He seems to make the spectacular ones but it's the routine plays. He'll make a nice play to field a ball and then throw it away. So is it time to cut bait? Could Rosales be an everyday player. He's played third well this spring and hit well. I think he is second on the team in RBI's.

Root Down
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't see any way this team gives up on EE unless he starts really going down hill. Like you said they gave him a new contract in the off-season, one more big reason why he stays. That aside, EE is a couple of months older than Rosales.. they are practically the same age and already EE is a vet and is proven at this level. I don't think you're going to see anyone steal his job that easy.

bounty37h
04-02-2009, 03:36 PM
With the way he throws, they wont have to steal it from him, he will throw it away himself. I think he has to be on a short leash at this point, yes, he's young still, but after a handful of MLB seasons already under his belt, he hasn't shown any progress with the basic fundamentals of the game defensively.

Eric_the_Red
04-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been more serious conversation about trying EE in left and/or 1B.

TC81190
04-02-2009, 04:53 PM
I hope the Reds really are buying into the new wave of defensive evaluation. Unfortunately for Edwin, if they are, that means he will likely be benched or traded if he cannot become more consistent in the field. I have a feeling his defense negates a good amount of the work he does on offense.

Rosales could probably come in and play an average to above average 3B with a decent bat.

roby
04-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I hope the Reds really are buying into the new wave of defensive evaluation. Unfortunately for Edwin, if they are, that means he will likely be benched or traded if he cannot become more consistent in the field. I have a feeling his defense negates a good amount of the work he does on offense.

Rosales could probably come in and play an average to above average 3B with a decent bat.

I have defended EE all along. BUT, he is just not getting any better or any younger. I think Rosales might just be his replacement. he reminds me of Chris Sabo a little.

BigJohn
04-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Let's dump a catcher and get a third baseman, I don't care if he can hit or not, just throw the ball to first and get somebody out!!!!

redsfandan
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
He seems to make the spectacular ones but it's the routine plays. ..
Exactly and that sounds to me like a problem with concentration. NOT his abilities.

TC81190
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Let's dump a catcher and get a third baseman, I don't care if he can hit or not, just throw the ball to first and get somebody out!!!!

This is the second time I've seen you say this. Are we not going to have a back up catcher this year, I guess?

big boy
04-03-2009, 04:59 PM
The thing about is EE is that he will lay out for a ball and make a play where others won't. Still, if you can't throw it accurately to first, it isn't good.