PDA

View Full Version : Edwin and making a throw to first

BUTLER REDSFAN
04-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I like the guy and want him to succeed...listening to the game today..he has two errors today and had one yesterday also.. I am already tired of the act..what is his issue with making a clean throw to first..I clench my teeth everytime a ball is hit to him.

Shawn_RedsFan
04-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I think everyone is wondering the same thing as you :confused:

roby
04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I think everyone is wondering the same thing as you :confused:

It's getting really old.

OesterPoster
04-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I think we've found a strong candidate for the official Redszone whipping boy for 2009. He'll be neck-and-neck with Taveras all year, IMO. ;)

DTCromer
04-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Edwin is quickly entering Adam Dunn territory. The only thing he's missing is actually touching 3rd base.

RED VAN HOT
04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I know he is still young. I know he has upside. Unless there is a throwing related injury of which I am not aware, however, I think the time has come to replace EE. With a good young pitching staff that nevertheless has command issues, we cannot afford a defense that converts double plays into doubles.

From an offensive standpoint, the hit to right today was a good sign. I recall having several discussions last year concerning the emphasis that the Reds coaching staff places on pulling the ball in an attempt to hit more HRs. I do not believe that EE (or anyone else for that matter) has been well served by this approach. To have any chance at all of compensating for his below average defense, EE needs to hit over .290 and use the entire field. Has anyone seen a change in his approach this year?

I hate to think that the left side of the infield on opening day will be Hairston and EE.

Eric_the_Red
04-03-2009, 12:14 AM
I think the team should take a look at how EE would do in LF. But now that ST is over, probably too late now.

JBChance
04-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I hate to think that the left side of the infield on opening day will be Hairston and EE.

:eek:

We better hope that AGon's knee/ hammy/ psyche are good to go. Hairston at short is an error waiting to happen. Couple that with EdE's miscues and there goes the defensive improvement.

REDblooded
04-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Not sure what to make of it anymore... I was one of the staunchest EE supporters, but I just don't know what to think... I keep waiting for it all to "click" but each season it's the same thing... He seems stagnant at the plate, and his defense isn't progressing either.

Frazier anybody?

Kingspoint
04-03-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm right there with you Redblooded.

I was expecting him to get better this year, not worse. He keeps this up and he's going to throw himself into a trade.

JBChance
04-03-2009, 02:06 AM
We'd need somebody else, though. Frazier's not ready, yet

Can't depend on Rosales or Janish for the long haul. Not enough bat on an already lacking squad. Have to trade for someone while trying to get a SS and a LF w/ pop, too.

I don't think they'll move on it unless EdE really stinks it up in April. He's gonna have a long leash.

Carolina Red
04-03-2009, 07:53 AM
I'd like to see him have a good year this season just for the fact that he would have some trade value. I'd deal him in a heartbeat if we could get something decent for him. I just don't see him in the Reds longterm plans. Not only is his defense (throwing) terrible I've always thought he looked like he's guessing at the plate.

BigJohn
04-03-2009, 12:28 PM
and he is such a crybaby!

Red in Atl
04-03-2009, 01:09 PM
This could be the main reason not to trade Kepp. If Edwin closes April with 7+ errors and a .220 average, he had to be benched. Kepp would have fit nice. I like Rosales, but I still think Kepp is able to hit much better. Oh well.

Now it will have to be Rosales. Which I don't find that bad. I'm really tired of that pouty look on Edwin's face. He is young no more, and we need to stop that excuse. He is a grown man who's been our starting 3rd baseman for at least 3 years now. Grow up or move on.

redsfandan
04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
I think we've found a strong candidate for the official Redszone whipping boy for 2009. He'll be neck-and-neck with Taveras all year, IMO. ;)
Man I hope not but I'm afraid that you'll probably be right.

big boy
04-03-2009, 04:55 PM
His problem is that his throwing mechanics are awful. He drops his elbow and slings the ball across the infield. He is in the big leagues now, though. I doubt you will see him correct it.

Kingspoint
04-03-2009, 05:53 PM
On the positive side....we have a zillion 3rd Basemen ready by April of 2010 if EE doesn't pan out this year.

BLEEDS
04-03-2009, 08:30 PM
On the positive side....we have a zillion 3rd Basemen ready by April of 2010 if EE doesn't pan out this year.

Yeah, but we're paying EE $4.7M, so he'll be on this team - keep hoping for Tavares to get deported or something, move Dickerson to CF and put EE in left.

PEACE

-BLEEDS