PDA

View Full Version : Giants release Plaxico Burress

Eric_the_Red
04-03-2009, 03:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4040009

Wonder how long until Jerry Jones gets him on the phone?

NJReds
04-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Doubt Jerry will go for him. But someone will ... maybe Danny Snyder in DC, or perhaps the Bears give Cutler someone to throw to. This is assuming that Burress doesn't do any time.

bucksfan2
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Doubt Jerry will go for him. But someone will ... maybe Danny Snyder in DC, or perhaps the Bears give Cutler someone to throw to. This is assuming that Burress doesn't do any time.

I have a feeling that he will do some time. If he doesn't plead down I can foresee him getting a year in jail. He may be best served going the Jamal Lewis and pleaing early and serve his jail time right away.

Eric_the_Red
04-03-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure he'll do time, and if any, probably not for long. I would think he'd get probation and maybe some community service.

Joseph
04-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure he'll do time, and if any, probably not for long. I would think he'd get probation and maybe some community service.

The Mayor came out and made a huge deal about his infraction and its pretty much widely accepted that he'll be spending some time in the joint.

WMR
04-03-2009, 05:34 PM
New York City lets VERY FEW private citizens legally carry sidearms. They will surely want to make sure everyone sees that the penalty for doing so without the appropriate permit is met with severe penalties. It wouldn't surprise me if the Giants legal team saw the writing on the wall and advised management to release him for this very reason.

Handofdeath
04-03-2009, 06:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4040009

Wonder how long until Jerry Jones gets him on the phone?

I guarantee you Jerry Jones won't be calling. After the problems he's had the last few seasons and opening up a new stadium this year, he's not having him.

bucksfan2
04-06-2009, 10:27 AM
New York City lets VERY FEW private citizens legally carry sidearms. They will surely want to make sure everyone sees that the penalty for doing so without the appropriate permit is met with severe penalties. It wouldn't surprise me if the Giants legal team saw the writing on the wall and advised management to release him for this very reason.

IIRC that is how NYC was cleaned up. They had very harsh penalties for anyone who broke the law.

As for Plax I don't think he will get any benefit of the doubt. The Mayor will make sure that he is prosecuted to the max, unless Plax takes a plea deal. Now that his trial is ajurned until this summer his 09 season is probably done for.

On a side not he just received his 5th speeding ticket in a month in Florida. Apparently he wasn't too fond of the arresting officer.