PDA

View Full Version : Minor league Opening Day starters

OnBaseMachine
04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
As you all know, minor league Opening Day is Thursday. Just two more days! So far, only the Dayton roster has been revealed, but the Louisville, Carolina, and Sarasota rosters should be out either later today or sometime tomorrow. Despite the rosters not being out yet, the Opening Day starters have been named for those three clubs.

Homer Bailey will start Opening Night for Louisville as they host Columbus at 7:05.

Carolina opens up at Mississippi with the first pitch scheduled for 8:05. Dallas Buck gets the start for Carolina.

Matt Klinker will start for Sarasota as they open up at St. Lucie. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00.

No word yet on who will start for Dayton.

OesterPoster
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM
According to today's DDN, Matt Fairel is starting for the Dragons on Thursday night.

princeton
04-08-2009, 10:35 AM
According to today's DDN, Matt Fairel is starting for the Dragons on Thursday night.

"here Matt-- try to be our one prospect"

OesterPoster
04-08-2009, 10:37 AM
At least Katz tried to frame it as a positive by saying Fairel was drafted in the 35th round, but paid with 4th round slot money. :)

I remember being a bit shocked that Fairel signed at all. IIRC, the FSU coach was a little peeved about it.

Kingspoint
04-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Would anyone be willing to post the Opening Day Rosters for each of the REDS Minor League teams on this thread?

OnBaseMachine
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Here is Louisville's rotation according to the website I linked to:

Thursday - Homer Bailey
Friday - Matt Maloney
Saturday - Ramon Ramirez
Sunday - Ben Jukich

http://www.straitpinkie.com/sports/louisville-bats-open-season-on-thursday-april-9th1-beers/

I'm guessing Sam Lecure will start on Monday. Daryl Thompson is expected to be back in two weeks or so. Jukich could be moved to the bullpen to make room for Thompson when he returns.

camisadelgolf
04-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Does this mean Pettyjohn is a reliever?

Joseph
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I've got some seats behind home plate for the Bats opener, I'll give a full report on Homer when I'm back.

princeton
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I honestly believe that Louisville will have a better rotation than several Reds teams of this decade

Kingspoint
04-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks, OBM for posting the rosters.

Joseph
04-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah, it wasn't pretty. LaPorta can hit and Homer wasn't hitting his spots. Mechanics are much MUCH better than last year, even my wife noticed it and she doesn't go in for the nuances of the game much.