PDA

View Full Version : NFL Mock Draft 1.0

WVRed
04-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Also located in the blog located in my signature. I do have the Bengals making some movies.:)

Mock Draft 1.0

ROUND ONE1. Detroit (0-16)-Matt Stafford (QB-Georgia)
2. St. Louis (2-14)-Jason Smith (OT-Baylor)
3. Kansas City (2-14)-Aaron Curry (LB-Wake)
4. Seattle (4-12)- Eugene Monroe (OT-Virginia)
5. Cleveland (4-12)- Brian Orapko (DE-Texas)
6. Jacksonville (5-11)*-Mark Sanchez (QB-USC)
7. Oakland (5-11)-Michael Crabtree (WR-Texas Tech)
8. Cincinnati (4-11-1)*-Andre Smith (OT-Alabama)
9. Green Bay (6-10)- Tyson Jackson (DE-LSU)
10. San Francisco (7-9)- Michael Oher (OT-Mississippi)
11. Buffalo (7-9)- Everette Brown (DE-FSU)
12. Denver (8-8)- BJ Raji (DT-Boston College)
13. Washington (8-8)- Aaron Maybin (DE-Penn St)
14. New Orleans (8-8)- Malcolm Jenkins (CB-Ohio St)
15. Houston (8-8)-Knoshown Moreno (RB-Georgia)
16. San Diego (8-8)-Rey Maualuga (LB-USC)
17. New York Jets (9-7)-Jeremy Maclin (WR-Missouri)
18. Denver (from Chicago)(9-7)-Josh Freeman (QB-Kansas St)
19. Tampa Bay (9-6)-Brian Cushing (LB-USC)
20. Detroit (from Dallas) (9-7)-James Laurianitis (LB-Ohio St)
21. Philadelphia (9-6-1)-Beanie Wells (RB-Ohio St)
22. Minnesota (10-6)-Eben Britton (OT-UConn)
23. New England (11-5)-Larry English (LB-Northern Illinois)
24. Atlanta (11-5)-Evander Hood(DT-Missouri)
25. Miami (11-5)-Clay Matthews(LB-USC)
26. Baltimore (11-5)-Darrius Heyward-Bey(WR-Maryland)
27. Indianapolis (12-4)-Peria Jerry(DT-Mississippi)
28. Cincinnati (4-11-1)**-Alex Mack (C-California)
29. New York Giants (12-4)-Kenny Britt(WR-Rutgers)
30. Tennessee (13-3)-Percy Harvin (WR-Florida)
31. Arizona (9-7)-Donald Brown (RB-UConn)
32. Pittsburgh (12-4)-Max Unger (C-Oregon)

* I have Cincinnati being pretty active on draft day. This team needs offensive line help and also needs to stockpile picks. With Monroe and Smith already gone, I believe teams will be looking to move up to get Mark Sanchez or Michael Crabtree. Cincinnati can afford to move down to spots with Jacksonville since Oakland will likely stay with Crabtree and pay Andre Smith at 8th overall. Mark Sanchez will be a better longterm option for Jacksonville than David Garrard. Cincinnati will also acquire Jacksonville's second round pick.

** Chad Johnson traded to the Eagles for this pick. The Eagles add running back insurance earlier with their original pick by taking Beanie Wells to compliment Brian Westbrook. Offensively, with Chad, DeSean Jackson, Westbrook, Beanie, and McNabb, the Eagles should stay the class of the NFC East. Cincinnati continues to retool the offensive line by selecting Alex Mack.

Mario-Rijo
04-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Interesting, i'm all for finding a way to get Mack. Andre Smith though has officially been taken off of my mock board. And after doing some extensive research I'm willing to even consider Oher over Monroe. Not saying I would pull the trigger on Oher should they both be there but IMO it's not as clear cut as it once was. The determining factor would be that Monroe is the one most likely to step right in and play fairly well. That said Oher gives us some options that Monroe doesn't (Monroe is strictly a LT). Oher I believe can play either side the only thing hurting him is the fact that he does tend to be wildly inconsistent at times and his learning curve is steeper. But I believe in time Oher will be as good if not better than Monroe.

Andre Smith has made too many bad decisions and it's obvious his work ethic is not an asset. I'm just not willing to draft him unless it was much later in the round (say 20 or better), to try to mitigate the risk of him busting. If he doesn't bust he is an All-Pro RT, if he doesn't put in the work well it's all bad. And at this point the odds of him busting are greater than not.

WVRed
04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Interesting, i'm all for finding a way to get Mack. Andre Smith though has officially been taken off of my mock board. And after doing some extensive research I'm willing to even consider Oher over Monroe. Not saying I would pull the trigger on Oher should they both be there but IMO it's not as clear cut as it once was. The determining factor would be that Monroe is the one most likely to step right in and play fairly well. That said Oher gives us some options that Monroe doesn't (Monroe is strictly a LT). Oher I believe can play either side the only thing hurting him is the fact that he does tend to be wildly inconsistent at times and his learning curve is steeper. But I believe in time Oher will be as good if not better than Monroe.

Andre Smith has made too many bad decisions and it's obvious his work ethic is not an asset. I'm just not willing to draft him unless it was much later in the round (say 20 or better), to try to mitigate the risk of him busting. If he doesn't bust he is an All-Pro RT, if he doesn't put in the work well it's all bad. And at this point the odds of him busting are greater than not.

I think it will ultimately be between Andre Smith and Michael Oher if Monroe or Smith doesn't slide. I had the Seahawks taking Crabtree but with TJ that is less likely.

The Tank Johnson signing sealed this for me. It shows that Cincinnati shows no signs of going against red flag guys and Andre Smith, while there are issues, fills a major need at RT.

If my mock would hold up, this would likely be the line:

LT-Levi or Collins
LG-Whitworth
C-Mack
RG-Bobbie Williams
RT-Smith

I believe there is going to be some major shuffling with the picks close to where Cincinnati is at. I could see Denver and Jacksonville trying to make a bid with us to get Sanchez or somebody trying to move up for Crabtree.

bucksfan2
04-09-2009, 08:26 AM
I think it will ultimately be between Andre Smith and Michael Oher if Monroe or Smith doesn't slide. I had the Seahawks taking Crabtree but with TJ that is less likely.

The Tank Johnson signing sealed this for me. It shows that Cincinnati shows no signs of going against red flag guys and Andre Smith, while there are issues, fills a major need at RT.

If my mock would hold up, this would likely be the line:

LT-Levi or Collins
LG-Whitworth
C-Mack
RG-Bobbie Williams
RT-Smith

I believe there is going to be some major shuffling with the picks close to where Cincinnati is at. I could see Denver and Jacksonville trying to make a bid with us to get Sanchez or somebody trying to move up for Crabtree.

I like your thinking. I hope the Bengals are active on or before draft day. If Chad can net a 1st rounder it should have happened yesterday. Their 6th pick should be traded if one of their top tackles are not available. The Bengals could end up with two 1st and 2 seconds in this draft. That is a good thing but it also could backfire. If they resist the "sexy" pick with Crabtree and trade the pick to the Broncos they should be in line to get Smith. I can see them rolling the dice with the Eagles pick and drafting either a WR or RB. Lets say either Wells or Moreno is available I can see the Bengals taking either one of those. Besides those two player would sell way more jerseys than Unger.

I would love to see how the Bengals have ranked the C's in the draft. If they have Wood and Unger ranked basically the same I could see them passing over Unger with the hopes of taking Wood a round later. I also can see them using some of their picks (they received a comp 3rd round pick) to move up and select a player they really like. I can see the Bengals draft board looking like this.

8, 10, 12 Smith or Oher
I see Jacksonville, San Fran and Denver wanting to move up to take Sanchez. The Bengals would want the 12th if they can still get their man because of $.

28 Unger or Max or Heyward-Bay

2nd round

Donald Brown or Laurainitis or Wood. This is where it could get interesting. Laurainitis is being projected into the second round by some forecasts. The Bengals will need a back up running back and Brown is a beast. They could get great value with Laurainitis and the 2nd round pick may be too early for a RB. It would also be interesting to see what they could get in return for trading down a couple of slots. It may not be a second but it may be a 3rd.

JaxRed
04-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Also located in the blog located in my signature. I do have the Bengals making some movies.:)

I wish they'd just concentrate on football.

JaxRed
04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
"I see Jacksonville, San Fran and Denver wanting to move up to take Sanchez"

I think you're wrong about that. Most talk around here is Jags want to move down, unless someone unbelievable drops in their lap. Jags have purged a lot of people this off-season and need warm bodies. I think the odds of them moving up are incredibly slim.

Mario-Rijo
04-09-2009, 10:58 AM
"I see Jacksonville, San Fran and Denver wanting to move up to take Sanchez"

I think you're wrong about that. Most talk around here is Jags want to move down, unless someone unbelievable drops in their lap. Jags have purged a lot of people this off-season and need warm bodies. I think the odds of them moving up are incredibly slim.

Which means Jax is a better partner for Denver. That would make S.F. the key and they are doing one whale of a job convincing me that they are not interested in Sanchez or the QB position whatsoever (at least in the 1st round). Right now it's not looking good for us to move down. But a Chad trade could still happen which would set us up nicely, in the draft anyway. BTW Bucksfan2 I think a strong consideration for us if he is still available in round 2 could be Lesean McCoy. Probably a bigger consideration than Wood for sure. I happen to really like Wood but he is now being seen by some prognosticators as a middle to late 2nd rounder, and the Bengals seem to be looking more at Centers later in the draft.

Root Down
04-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Do you think it would be possible to see the Bengals go for Crabtree if they trade Chad? Or do you think they would have a strong enough receiving core as is minus Chad?

WVRed
04-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Do you think it would be possible to see the Bengals go for Crabtree if they trade Chad? Or do you think they would have a strong enough receiving core as is minus Chad?

I'd rather see how Coles, Caldwell, and Simpson pan out. Don't get me wrong, I would like Crabtree or Maclin, but there are more pressing needs than wideout.

Root Down
04-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I'd rather see how Coles, Caldwell, and Simpson pan out. Don't get me wrong, I would like Crabtree or Maclin, but there are more pressing needs than wideout.

It does look like Simpson is going to fill Chad's shoes one of these days just fine and Coles should fill TJ's role if he can stay healthy. So I agree, I'd love to see some additions to the O line in particular before I see them draft something like a receiver.

Mario-Rijo
04-09-2009, 12:03 PM

Word is they have had Kenny Britt in for a workout. Why bring in Britt, who is a likely mid to late 1st rounder at worst? I think that's very telling as he is a guy who isn't a likely consideration at either of their current spots. Now what it says I'm not sure but that it was done at all should make us perk up and take notice of some sort of movement by the Bengals or posturing for some reason.

Slyder
04-11-2009, 08:15 AM
If Raji and Crabtree are both there Raji will be a raider (or at least I hope). Raiders need D-Line help in the worst way. We have I think 3 DT's none a 2-gap pressence in the running game. Raji is there we will likely see him in the Silver and Black over Crabtree. I'd love to see Oakland try and trade down with someone (if anyone) is ga ga for Sanchez like Denver, SF, or Jacksonville.

Tony Cloninger
04-11-2009, 03:02 PM
The Bengals would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for Chad.

I agree with the 2nd round scenario of Brown wanting someone with some flash....a name...someone who can sell more jerseys beacuse he needs all the money he can get.

This is based on MB and family way of doing things for a while now.

Mario-Rijo
04-11-2009, 06:50 PM

One guy who we might have reason to but shouldn't sleep on is Chris Henry. I have a sneaking suspicion he is gonna turn it up a notch this season. Henry was out working with Carson in the offseason as well and learning more than just fly routes. I can foresee Coles on the left, Henry on the right and Caldwell in the slot with Simpson slowly working his way into Coles spot for '10.

VR
04-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I'd like to see the Vikes take Harvin in the 1st round. He's a tremendous playmaker, and they need that to free up AP even more.

Revering4Blue
04-12-2009, 09:31 AM
The Browns are reportedly "really in love with" Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree.
The Browns are already razor-thin at the position, so Crabtree makes a lot of sense at No. 5 overall. If they trade Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards, they could use those picks to address the defense.

Source: National Football Post

According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.
One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles.

Mario-Rijo
04-12-2009, 04:04 PM
The Browns are reportedly "really in love with" Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree.
The Browns are already razor-thin at the position, so Crabtree makes a lot of sense at No. 5 overall. If they trade Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards, they could use those picks to address the defense.

According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.
One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles.

Interesting post. I'm thinking Vikings or Giants for Edwards and Denver would make sense for Quinn. Being a Bengals fan I hope they deal Quinn, I actually think he'll be a good QB in this league. Especially if he goes to a west coast offense. Derek Andersen is a decent backup and marginal starter.

bucksfan2
04-13-2009, 08:48 AM
I think there is good reason many players don't like Mangini. To me it doesn't make sense to come in, trade away your #2 weapon, possibly trade away your #1 weapon, and then trade away a first round QB who hasn't really gotten a shot yet.

As a Browns fan here is the issue I would have. You aren't going to find a TE better than Winslow. You aren't going to find a WR better than Edwards, and you don't know what you have in Quinn right now. #1 draft picks are a crap shoot now days. Especially at the WR and TE position. Remember how Vernon Davis was supposed to revolutionize the TE position. Greg Olsen was supposed to be a great TE for the Bears. All used early first round picks and their performance hasn't lived up to their billing. First round WR's are a bust waiting to happen. For the Browns it doesn't make sense to trade all your weapons away and start again from scratch.

Hoosier Red
04-13-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't know why I even get worked up about this. In my mind two things can happen on draft day.

Scenario 1: Eugene Monroe slides to #6 and the Bengals draft him. Motivated by his prescipitous drop from the top 10, Andre Smith gets his life together and becomes the starting RT for the Ravens who draft him at #26.

Scenario 2: With Monroe and Smith off the board, the Bengals bite the bullet, draft Andre Smith who of course tanks because he has no work ethic, and is later discovered to actually have paid a stand in for him to dominate the SEC opponents. Meanwhile Michael Oher goes on to become the next great left tackle, Michael Lewis writes another book, Billy Beane gets jealous that Oher got two books to his one, starts making good decisions again and the A's win the World Series.

Puffy
04-13-2009, 01:47 PM
** Chad Johnson traded to the Eagles for this pick. The Eagles add running back insurance earlier with their original pick by taking Beanie Wells to compliment Brian Westbrook. Offensively, with Chad, DeSean Jackson, Westbrook, Beanie, and McNabb, the Eagles should stay the class of the NFC East. Cincinnati continues to retool the offensive line by selecting Alex Mack.

Wow, I did not know the Eagles were the class of the NFC East. I mean the Giants only won a Super Bowl two years ago and were 11-1 before Plaxico shot himself and got suspended and they have built one of the better DLs in the league to go along with one of the better OLs which they already had, to go along with 5 picks in the top 100....

chicoruiz
04-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm acting as Bengals GM on a mock draft over on another (lesser of course) board, and I was wondering if I could bounce some trade offers off of y'all..

I've had a feeler from the Eagles GM about Chad. My first offer was Chad for the Eagles second first-round pick, which I'd really like to use to get Mack. He turned me down, which was not unexpected. My question is, what draft pick would you be willing to add to Chad to get Philly's second #1?

Another trade offer: San Francisco wants to move up from #10 to #6 if the player they want is available there (I'm guessing Sanchez or maybe Maclin). Theyre offering DT Aubrayo Franklin and their third-rounder (#74 overall) to swap first round picks. Thoughts?

Mario-Rijo
04-13-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm acting as Bengals GM on a mock draft over on another (lesser of course) board, and I was wondering if I could bounce some trade offers off of y'all..

I've had a feeler from the Eagles GM about Chad. My first offer was Chad for the Eagles second first-round pick, which I'd really like to use to get Mack. He turned me down, which was not unexpected. My question is, what draft pick would you be willing to add to Chad to get Philly's second #1?

Another trade offer: San Francisco wants to move up from #10 to #6 if the player they want is available there (I'm guessing Sanchez or maybe Maclin). Theyre offering DT Aubrayo Franklin and their third-rounder (#74 overall) to swap first round picks. Thoughts?

I'd say if it were me I would take that S.F. trade and then send your 4th to Philly with Chad. With 4 threes you can afford it, or toss him the 3rd from the SF deal (perhaps a bit much). But it depends on how the first 5 picks fall and what it is you are trying to accomplish. Myself I think there is just as much value in #10 as there is #6 if J. Smith and Curry are gone. That said I don't know much about Franklin, if you think he helps fine if not maybe look to get to Denver's #12 selection (so they can go after Sanchez, Raji both big needs) by getting their 1st and 2nd. Then take Eric Wood with one of those 2nd rounders if Mack is gone.

Mario-Rijo
04-14-2009, 03:11 AM
My current mock is a bit wacky (Fearless in a sense) compared to most prognosticators. I don't know every team inside and out so I won't be perfect but I do expect something pretty close to this come Draft Day. I posted a version of this a few days ago on another forum, but I have already tweaked it so here is my newest version.

Most of the time the draft is relatively uneventful by the time it actually gets to draft day. Most mocks are pretty on point, with a few subtle surprises. So I want to think outside the box here and create a mock that I think is both logical and could happen but that doesn't neccessarily jive with the experts pick for pick. Trying to have a little fun but maybe get a tad more in tune to what teams might do come draft day.

#1 - Det. - Matt Stafford - Yeah I know a real stretch here but I just happen to think it's the only correct pick for them here. Not because they couldn't use an OL but just because Staffords potential. That said I think he'll be a bust, but if not he will likely be a boom and not somewhere in the middle.

#2 - Rams - Eugene Monroe - I have read just enough about the Rams lately to know 3 things. One they want to trade, 2 they can't and 3 they don't know what the hell they are doing. So when in doubt go with a safe pick who can start and play well quickly.

#3 - KC - B.J. Raji - One common theme amongst teams who effectively run 3-4 defenses is a massive NT. The Chiefs are currently devoid of a true NT with 2 DT's under 310 lbs who are likely to become solid 3-4 DE's in this scheme. And there are very few NT's ava. in this draft, all of them become premium assets.

#4 - Seattle - Chris Wells - I know one thing for certain about Seattle they have no RB's and they know it. Yes they could take an OT here which is a safer and more suitable pick value wise but they cannot count on a good starting RB being available in round 2. Plus they currently are ok at OT which means they can take one later and develop him.

#5 - Jax. - Jeremy Maclin - Jacksonville needs explosive playmakers on the outside to be more effective running the ball. They could wait until round 2 but they wouldn't necc. get their guy there. And with Al Davis lurking and Cincy looking at getting one of their top 2 players on the board they aren't moving. **Trade with Cleveland**

#6 - Cincy - Jason Smith - I told you it was fearless, the Bengals pass on a defensive playmaker in Curry to select the top rated player on their board. Smith can play either tackle spot and has the mean streak to be effective at either. And you won't find a harder worker. Yes he needs to learn a new technique but with his work ethic and the insurance policy they have with as many as 3 other OT's already in the mix they have time to get him squared away.

#7 - Oakland - Aaron Curry - Al Davis sits tight and actually gets the guy he really wanted for a change. People just assumed his defense was set but forget they indeed have a 4-3 OLB spot open right behind Burgess.

#8 - KC - Mark Sanchez - We know they need a QB and this is a move to keep Sanchez from dropping to SF who although may not be interested Denver cannot afford to take the chance they are playing possum. **Trade w/ Cleveland**

#9 - G.B. - Everette Brown - GB gets a gift and Dom Capers is ecstatic as he now has a pass rusher for his new 3-4 scheme. He's not a perfect fit but he is a pure pass rusher specialist and this like I said GB needs plenty of that. Orakpo was a consideration but Brown might be slightly better in space.

#10 - S.F. - Brian Orakpo - SF finally gets a competent pass rushing DE which is the one thing they desperately need.

#11 - Bills - Aaron Maybin - A total of 3 sacks by returning starting DE's makes this a pick of neccessity. not too mention Schobel is getting a little long in the tooth (31) and is showing signs of decline. Still needs time to develop better strength but will have a year or so before he has to be the man. Also a player used to the cold.

#12 - Cleveland - Michael Crabtree - Say what, Crabtree falling this far? Yes I did say fearless, but seriously foot injuries on a WR is a tough sell in the top 10.

#13 - Redskins - Andre Smith - Who needs a RT more than the Skins and red flags rarely scare off Snyder.

#14 - Saints - Malcolm Jenkins - We all know the Saints story they can't stop anyone, mainly thru the air. Jenkins is that smart, aggressive player that new DC Williams loves. The Saints have addressed the safety position in FA with Sharper now they get their CB.

#15 - Texans - Brian Cushing - No big surprise here really they need playmakers at the OLB position, Cushing fits the bill.

#16 - Chargers - Tyson Jackson - A big need here for a defense that was often on the ropes last season and now has lost starting DE Olshansky to FA.

#17 - Jets - Brandon Pettigrew - Getting back to running the ball and w/o a blocking TE and without Coles absence Pettigrew helps provide this team with more than one dimension.

#18 - Denver - Rey Maualuga - Denver could use a big playmaking 3-4 ILB, a really good fit.

#19 - TB - Josh Freeman - With Luke McCown penciled in as your starter it's time to look elsewhere.

#20 - Det. (From Dallas) - Michael Oher - Draft a QB #1 then comes LT and/or WR, WR is already there. Oher is an excellent fit and a valuable talent with time to develop ahead of the guy who he will eventually protect.

#21 - Philly - Kenny Britt - The eagles need a good solid and dependable type WR opposite the big playmaking Jackson.

#22 - Minny - Darius Heyward-Bey - A stretch the field compliment to the Vikings dominant running game is a match made in heaven.

#23 - N.E. - Knowshown Moreno - NE always tends to go BPA and Moreno fits a bit of need on offense with Faulk having major mileage, Maroney not being dependable and Moreno being a good fit philosophically.

#24 - Falcons - Clay Matthews - Atlanta lost 2 starting LB's in the offseason and this is a position of little depth in this draft after the 1st round or so. CB would also be a good selection here but CB is a fairly deep position relatively speaking.

#25 - Miami - Vontae Davis - Miami needs Db's in the worst way, this is one based strictly on value because It's hard to pass on that talent, even for Parcells.

#26 - Ravens - James Laurinaitis - Lost Bart Scott to FA and Lewis is getting up there. Not the best selection for this defense but a good player with the intangibles the Ravens like.

#27 - Colts - Peria Jerry - From what I understand there isn't a better scheme/player fit than this combination. The Colts have been trying unsuccesfully for years to fill DT now they finally do.

#28 - Philly - William Beatty - Oooh stunner, I think Beatty is a fine LT prospect and ultimately that's what this franchise will need.

#29 - NYG - Eben Britton - OL depth is an issue at the tackle spot here, Britton the last of a really good group.

#30 - Titans - Hakeem Nicks - Look I'd like to pick a sexier pick here but the Titans need some talent at WR to take the pressure off the run game. Nicks has good hands which suits a big running team better than speed. Kee those chains moving.

#31 - Arizona - Donald Brown - The need for a running game in Arizona is well known and Brown represents great value this late in round 1.

#32 - Pitts - Alex Mack - Obvious need pick with a tremendous talent to close out the round.

Mario-Rijo
04-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Now my Bengals draft. On the left is what I would like to see and the right something close to what I expect to see.

#1 - Jason Smith OT/Eugene Monroe OT
#2 - Eric Wood OC/Conner Barwin DE
#3 - Lawrence Sidbury DE/Richard Quinn TE
#3 - LeSean McCoy RB/Cedric Peerman RB
#4 - Jasper Brinkley ILB/Tony Fiametta FB
#5 - Donald Washington CB/Keenan Lewis CB
#6 - Brannan Southerland FB/Juan Garcia OC
#6 - Nate Davis QB/???
#7 - Deon Butler WR/KR/PR/ ???
#7 - Jason McCourty CB/PR/KR/???
#7 - Dan Gronkowski TE/ ???

Mario-Rijo
04-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Now my Bengals draft. On the left is what I would like to see and the right something close to what I expect to see.

#1 - Jason Smith OT/Eugene Monroe OT
#2 - Eric Wood OC/Conner Barwin DE
#3 - Lawrence Sidbury DE/Richard Quinn TE
#3 - Jasper Brinkley ILB/Cedric Peerman RB
#4 - Javon Ringer RB/Tony Fiametta FB
#5 - Keenan Lewis CB/ Keenan Lewis CB
#6 - Brannan Southerland FB/Juan Garcia OC
#7 - Fenuki Topou OL/BPA at a Pos. of need LB/DL
#7 - Nate Davis QB/BPA at a Pos. of need LB/DL

On second thought I have no idea how I figured LeSean McCoy & Donald Washington to be ava. at those spots. Changes are bolded. And doing more research today I have to change this up a bunch. I also dealt a 6th and 7th plus Urrutia for Roscoe Parrish for PR duties, in my dream world. That should also allow for Chatman to be cut if need be in favor of another position, I think maybe we go one WR short this year in favor of an extra TE and a real FB.