Nyjer Morgan Lf
Freddy Sanchez 2B
Nate McLouth CF
Ryan Doumit C
Adam LaRoche 1B
Brandon Ross RF
Ramon Vazquez 3rd
Jack Wilson SS

Pitching matchups favor the Reds on Friday and Sunday, Saturday will be really tough. Maholm is tough on the Reds, and really underrated overall.

As for the lineup, well, it doesn't look too good. But, Jack Wilson always seems to kill the Reds, you add him in with McLouth, Doumit and Sanchez, and it may not be a cakewalk.

Anyway, my predictions:

Reds win 2 of 3, if they beat Maholm on Sat. they will sweep

What do you guys think?

Ghosts of 1990
04-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Karstens is the type of pitcher we'd seem to keep on rolling with..... run of the mill right handers are guys we can really work on.... youre right lefties give us fits a lot of times. I think 2 out of 3 is a must.... then I start thinking about it and I get greedy. It's the PIRATES.... a good team is pushing for a sweep at home here.

JBChance
04-10-2009, 01:19 AM
Karstens is the type of pitcher we'd seem to keep on rolling with..... run of the mill right handers are guys we can really work on.... youre right lefties give us fits a lot of times. I think 2 out of 3 is a must.... then I start thinking about it and I get greedy. It's the PIRATES.... a good team is pushing for a sweep at home here.

Can't get too cocky, that's for sure. I don't think this team has proven anything in 3 games. On paper, we should handle the Buccos. But assuming a sweep is folly.

I agree that Maholm is the type of LH that would baffle us, in the past. Maybe we can start a new trend.

Roush's socks
04-10-2009, 02:48 AM
I am looking forward to seeing what Cueto does.

Ghosts of 1990
04-10-2009, 03:39 AM
I think Cueto is going to be our best and most important pitcher this season. Here's hoping for a big game tomorrow.

robmadden1
04-10-2009, 03:41 AM
I think game 1 will be rained out from all the rain we are espected to get today.

DavidMemphis
04-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Well, yes, it IS the pirates. They stood toe-to-toe with the cards (whom i AGAIN think are way overrated) as we stood toe-to-toe with the mets. Granted, we still lost 2 of 3, and it's only the 1st series of the season, but i sense that this Reds team is much different than the ones in the last few seasons. I definitely expect two of three (unless Cueto gets overly excited and freaks out), and a sweep would not surprise me at all. Perhaps i am delusional people, but im PUMPED about our team this season! LETS GO REDS!

schmidty622
04-10-2009, 09:41 AM
The last two days were certainly encouraging for the offence. I think that can continue against Karstens, whose minor league numbers are pretty average.

His numbers in the majors have been very unimpressive as well. This should be the type of pitcher that we feast on.

improbus
04-10-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm expecting the juggernaut of Taveras/McDonald to drive the Reds to a sweep of the Pirates. Although, I am in awe of Nyjer Morgan's stirrups. They are truly glorious.

xavr1
04-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I think its very important for the Reds to win at least 2 this weekend. It will establish confidence for division games and rally the fans.

DavidMemphis
04-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, quick question. As a new member here, not sure about how to do some things. Does it take being a member awhile before you can attach an avatar to your profile? If not, how do ya do it? Perhaps i am an idiot, but cant seem to figure it out. Thanks and LETS GO REDS!

schmidty622
04-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey guys, quick question. As a new member here, not sure about how to do some things. Does it take being a member awhile before you can attach an avatar to your profile? If not, how do ya do it? Perhaps i am an idiot, but cant seem to figure it out. Thanks and LETS GO REDS!

We here in the sundeck are not allowed to have avatars. Direct those types of questions to the new member/introduction thread.

DavidMemphis
04-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks schmidty622. . . didnt think so but wanted to make sure.

WildcatFan
04-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm going with a sweep to really jumpstart the season. I'm not as worried about lefties this year as I have been in the past — Bruce is the only one that doesn't hit them real well. Phillips, Votto, Encarnacion all can kill it against a LH. The one thing that I don't like about facing a starter like Maholm is that Dickerson most likely won't be in the lineup.

DaytonFlyer
04-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Honestly, I expect the Reds to win 2 out of 3 in every home series. Anything less than a sweep of the Bucs will be mildly disappointing if we have any aspirations this year.... to come out of the first homestand 3-3 is not that great.

Eric_the_Red
04-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Honestly, I expect the Reds to win 2 out of 3 in every home series. Anything less than a sweep of the Bucs will be mildly disappointing if we have any aspirations this year.... to come out of the first homestand 3-3 is not that great.

I would not be disappointed if the Reds don't sweep the series. In MLB you can never assume a win, let alone 3 in a row. I do think the Reds should win 2 of the 3 games though, and would be disappointed with less than that.

I'm looking forward to Cueto tonight (assuming the rain allows for the game). I'm thinking Cueto will have the best start for a Reds pitcher so far this year, especially against a weak Pittsburgh lineup.

DavidMemphis
04-10-2009, 12:33 PM
What r u guys all time team, say from 1970 on? Just bored here: 1B - Tony Perez; 2B - Joe Morgan; SS - Barry Larkin; 3B - Pete Rose; C - Johnny Bench; LF - Eric Davis; CF - Ken Griffey, Jr.; RF - George Foster (i know he played left but i gotta put him somewhere); bench - Jay Bruce (yes, i think he's gonna be THAT good); SP - Tom Seaver; SP - Mario Soto; SP - Tom Browning; SP - Jose Rijo; SP - Edinson Volquez (again, not based on what he's done so far, but what i think his potential is); Bullpen - the Nasty Boys (enough said). Thoughts?

bgwilly31
04-10-2009, 12:36 PM
SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP :beerme:

I like cueto to win.

Owings im hoping to win.

And harang should be lights out. 3 runs on our side wins that game.

BLEEDS
04-10-2009, 02:46 PM
What r u guys all time team, say from 1970 on? Just bored here: 1B - Tony Perez; 2B - Joe Morgan; SS - Barry Larkin; 3B - Pete Rose; C - Johnny Bench; LF - Eric Davis; CF - Ken Griffey, Jr.; RF - George Foster (i know he played left but i gotta put him somewhere); bench - Jay Bruce (yes, i think he's gonna be THAT good); SP - Tom Seaver; SP - Mario Soto; SP - Tom Browning; SP - Jose Rijo; SP - Edinson Volquez (again, not based on what he's done so far, but what i think his potential is); Bullpen - the Nasty Boys (enough said). Thoughts?

Thoughts? - this is what is commonly called "Hijacking a Thread". Off-topic Left turn.

There are plenty of other threads for this topic, and soon you will be able to start your own.

Just a little advice.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Chris Sabowned
04-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm looking foward to this series mainly because I want to see Cueto and Owings pitch. Anybody think there is a chance Dusty bats Owings 7th?

PhillipsHead
04-10-2009, 03:21 PM
We should be wiping the floor with this team.....and I hope we do...

Eric_the_Red
04-10-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm looking foward to this series mainly because I want to see Cueto and Owings pitch. Anybody think there is a chance Dusty bats Owings 7th?

Not unless Owings is going to be the catcher. ;) j/k

Ghosts of 1990
04-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Thoughts? - this is what is commonly called "Hijacking a Thread". Off-topic Left turn.

There are plenty of other threads for this topic, and soon you will be able to start your own.

Just a little advice.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

haha. He's probably a little kid. Lets cut him some slack :D

Although his comment had me laughing.

Ghosts of 1990
04-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Not a chance. Dusty is a traditionalist. The pitcher bats 9th.

Eric_the_Red
04-10-2009, 03:57 PM
haha. He's probably a little kid. Lets cut him some slack :D

Although his comment had me laughing.

Well, his profile says he is 39. But regardless, I'll help our tunabombing friend out by creating a similar thread.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1833094#post1833094

Jack Burton
04-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Great opportunity to take 2 of 3 and even our record. Looking forward to 'listening' to Cueto pitch.

bgwilly31
04-10-2009, 07:28 PM
2 out of 2 sweep!

Cuz tonights game looking to be rained out.

Kingspoint
04-10-2009, 08:06 PM
REDS SWEEP!!!!!

RedLakerFan24
04-10-2009, 08:50 PM
i wanted to see cueto

Jack Burton
04-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Booooo! @ mother nature.

Shawn_RedsFan
04-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Booooo! @ mother nature.

Im with you, my whole evening is ruined now, and im in a bad mood

BLEEDS
04-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Well, his profile says he is 39. But regardless, I'll help our tunabombing friend out by creating a similar thread.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1833094#post1833094

:p:
:eek:
:yikes:
:shocked:
:bowrofl:
:dancingco
:fineprint
:ughmamoru
:laugh:
:roll:

PEACE

-BLEEDS

jmac
04-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I thought the reds would handle Karstens and naturally he gets skipped now.
So we get Maholm who has been one of the hotter pitchers in ST and also his first start.
Hopefully Cueto is "on " and the reds can play for a couple of early runs.

PedroBourbon
04-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Why didn't they do a double header today? Would have been great with the 1:10 start time. I'm sure it somehow is $$$ related but would have been a quick fix for the rainout last night.

davereds24
04-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Why is Dusty going with Cueto? Isn't his job to put the best team on the field that gives us a chance to win? Harang should be going today with Cueto tomorrow. Harang is already going to get an extra day of rest before his 3rd start since there is an off day on Thursday.

Slyder
04-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Why is Dusty going with Cueto? Isn't his job to put the best team on the field that gives us a chance to win? Harang should be going today with Cueto tomorrow. Harang is already going to get an extra day of rest before his 3rd start since there is an off day on Thursday.

Pitchers are creatures of habit no need to rush Harang out there. Cueto just didnt have it today, 5 days from now I expect Cueto to go back out there and give it another go, thats what they do.