PDA

View Full Version : 4/14/09 - Reds vs. Brewers

Pages : 1 2 [3]

HeatherC1212
04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Indeed your National League leader....tied w/ some "Poo holes" dude.

That's not bad company. I'm sure the 'Poo Holes' guy is honored to share the RBI lead with Vottomatic. ;)

WVRedsFan
04-14-2009, 11:32 PM
That's not bad company. I'm sure the 'Poo Holes' guy is honored to share the RBI lead with Vottomatic. ;)

Price Albert couldn't hold Vottomatic's jock at this point. :D

Bob Borkowski
04-14-2009, 11:33 PM
WLW pulled an FSN - the connection just crapped out with 2 outs to go ...poor Nick's probably in panic mode right now (I've been there...it sucks).

Gotta say this seems mighty fishy to me. One night FSN has it happen and the next night WLW. Especially considering how Marty went on and on giving us a guarantee during the game that this would never happen to the radio broadcast.

Who's covering up. :cool:

OnBaseMachine
04-14-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm very pleased with the way the offense is playing right now. I love the patience they are showing. So far we've gotten zero production out of Gonzalez and Hernandez, and Bruce has struggled too, and yet the offense is still scoring plenty of runs. I think Hernandez will start hitting soon, and Bruce will too. I think Bruce is just pressing right now. He's just trying to do too much and is swinging at pitches he normally wouldn't swing at. He'll be fine in the long run, IMO.

At this point, I prefer Janish over Gonzalez at SS.

VR
04-14-2009, 11:51 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090414&content_id=4268726&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Lousy coverage continues. Sheldon reporting CoCo with his 3rd save tonight? :confused::confused::confused:

MILWAUKEE -- Jerry Hairston Jr.'s two-run home run in the third inning was the difference maker for the Reds in their 6-1 win over the Brewers Tuesday at Miller Park.

The Reds, who have won three in a row and four of their past five games, have won the first two games of the three-game series with Milwaukee and can leave with a sweep with another win on Wednesday.

The game was tied at 1 in the Cincinnati third inning when Hairston sent a 2-2 pitch from Brewers starter Manny Parra over the left-field wall for a two-run homer. It was Hairston's first homer of the season and snapped a 1-for-11 skid to start the season.

That proved to be enough run support for Reds starter Bronson Arroyo (2-0), who worked 6 1/3 innings and allowed one earned run and four hits with four walks and three strikeouts for his second win in two starts.

The Reds took a 1-0 lead in the top of the first inning. After Hairston drew a four-pitch walk, Joey Votto hit a RBI double to right field off of Parra (0-2), who finished with three earned runs on just three hits over his six innings but gave up four walks while striking out four.

With one out in the Milwaukee second inning, J.J. Hardy tied the game with a solo homer to left field off Arroyo.

After Arroyo was lifted with one out in the seventh and runners on first and second, Daniel Herrera induced Rickie Weeks' inning-ending double play and retired the first batter in the bottom of the eighth. David Weathers made his 900th career appearance and retired the final two batters in the eighth before Francisco Cordero handled the ninth for his third save.

Bob Borkowski
04-14-2009, 11:56 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090414&content_id=4268726&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin
before Francisco Cordero handled the ninth for his third save.

Oh brother!

Matt700wlw
04-15-2009, 12:41 AM
why aren't you running the board? Or are you all big time doing afternoon traffic?

Days/traffic and a weekend shift. I get a game or two a week now, and much prefer it that way.

_Sir_Charles_
04-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I just caught the tail end of Baseball Tonight and they said Carpenter left the game after reaggravating a calf injury he had during spring training. No word on how serious it is for him though.

Odd, I'm seeing strained rib cage. I guess everybody's guessing.

I hate to see somebody get injured and I really do feel for Carpenter because of how snakebit he's been with the injury bug, but then again...bad news for the Cardinals is good news for the Reds. If he's out for a long period...they're toast. I still don't think he'd be able to keep up that kind of pace anyway (regardless of injury or not).

_Sir_Charles_
04-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Gotta say this seems mighty fishy to me. One night FSN has it happen and the next night WLW. Especially considering how Marty went on and on giving us a guarantee during the game that this would never happen to the radio broadcast.

Who's covering up. :cool:

Personally, I think it was the FSN guys who ran over and pulled WLW's plug...just to keep things even.

reds44
04-15-2009, 01:08 AM
I can't take these games anymore. It's only April.

_Sir_Charles_
04-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Hey, people can gripe all they want about the players on this team or the supposed lack of talent on this team...but you can't say they aren't making these games exciting to watch. I'm really enjoying this team so far this season and I don't even think they've reached their stride yet.

Ron Madden
04-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Ya know, as hard as he was slammed prior to the season starting, Willy T has looked really, really good, offensively, at least. :thumbup:

I agree and only hope he keeps it up. I'd love to be proven wrong about Taveras, I really would. :)

We shouldn't forget that Patterson started out pretty good offensively while playing a better CF in 2008. The season's young. :(

Screwball
04-15-2009, 03:20 AM
We shouldn't forget that Patterson started out pretty good offensively while playing a better CF in 2008. The season's young. :(

You're also evil.

Ron Madden
04-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Edwin made an error but the Reds got out of that inning without a run scored against them, and the Reds won the game.

To hear most fans talk every error leads to runs scored and games lost. (some do most don't)

EE will surely make a few more errors this season but I bet he helps the Reds win more games with his bat than he causes them to lose with his glove.

I LOVE WINNING!!!!! :thumbup:

RFS62
04-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Woo Hoo!!!!

We're great again!!!