PDA

View Full Version : FSN bug hits Reds on Radio

namichael
04-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Can't believe that the broadcast dropped when it did on the radio. I thought it was just an inexperienced engineer at our local affiliate.

I bet Marty is irate considering how he made the comment that something like this wouldn't happen on the radio when he was cracking on FSN.

BurgervilleBuck
04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
I predict MLB.TV is next.:D

namichael
04-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I predict MLB.TV is next.:D

Wasn't Marty talking to Mark Sheldon when they made the comment about it not happening on the radio or MLB.TV?

BurgervilleBuck
04-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Not sure. I tend to watch the game on TV. I rely on radio when I'm either driving, working in the yard, or not in front of the TV.

reds1869
04-14-2009, 11:29 PM
I liked Thom's comment about MLB.TV showing the game "all the way until the end of the ninth inning." I suspect someone at FSN was a little unhappy about that jab.

JBChance
04-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Wasn't Marty talking to Mark Sheldon when they made the comment about it not happening on the radio or MLB.TV?

Yep. They got a good chuckle about it.

Tune in tomorrow night for some crow eating. Should be some laughs.

NastyBoy
04-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Some intern will be fired.

gilpdawg
04-15-2009, 05:21 AM
I was wondering what happened. I got off work at 11, and I had been following the game on my cell and got to the truck looking to catch the last Brewer time at bat, and there was nothing. I didn't take my XM with me last night either, or I could have just switched to Uecker.

Ghosts of 1990
04-15-2009, 07:32 AM
I liked Thom's comment about MLB.TV showing the game "all the way until the end of the ninth inning." I suspect someone at FSN was a little unhappy about that jab.

Thom is quickly becoming my favorite on air personality. I wish he did our game every night on TV like Welsh.

redsfan1966
04-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Did not get to listen to the radio broadcast tonite....did Marty eat crow??? I was amazed at how much crowing the Hall of Famer did about FSN's gaffe only to get cut off in the ninth as well....Karma is a (well, you know the rest)...

JBChance
04-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Did not get to listen to the radio broadcast tonite....did Marty eat crow??? I was amazed at how much crowing the Hall of Famer did about FSN's gaffe only to get cut off in the ninth as well....Karma is a (well, you know the rest)...

I didn't hear it. They might have said something at the beginning of the broadcast, but I didn't hear it because I couldn't get my MLB audio to work until halfway through the 1st inning. :(

Redlegs
04-16-2009, 03:19 AM
Thom is quickly becoming my favorite on air personality. I wish he did our game every night on TV like Welsh.
I like Chris Welsh. He has a good sense of humor. Thom is very good with Chris, however, Thom and Marty together can be too much to take at times.