PDA

View Full Version : Harang and Arroyo

ChatterRed
04-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Harang has set the bar high for the other pitchers. You need a guy like this, especially when you have good young pitchers in the rest of the rotation. He sets a good example of not walking hitters, throwing strikes, and being efficient.

Arroyo has been surprisingly decent so far.

I sure hope it continues because this is the key to the season.

elfmanvt07
04-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Having watched Arroyo's first start, I can state that his effort last night was a much better appearance. Bronson got some help in game 3 against the Amazin's. Once he got comfortable last night, it seemed as if he had decent command. Some of his breaking stuff looked a bit errant, but he was effective, nonetheless.

However, I agree that it's necessary to have your ace look the part. Harang has been lights out. Now, if only we can get the Dominicans to turn it around, we'll be really cooking.

P.S. - Is it just me, or does our bullpen look friggin' incredible?

ChatterRed
04-15-2009, 11:41 AM
P.S. - Is it just me, or does our bullpen look friggin' incredible?

Shhhh. Don't jinx them. :D

Bumstead
04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
The pitching staff as a whole is really quite good, probably the 2nd best staff in the division. When Bray gets back and Roenicke comes up, the staff will be even better.

It's great to see Harang throwing well again and Arroyo continuing to build on his 2nd half from last season! :beerme:

Bum

BigJohn
04-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Stormy wears me out but he does seem to get the job done!