PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach minor league team

SidneySlicker
04-16-2009, 08:33 AM
My family and I are going down to Myrtle Beach in June and I was just wondering what kind of park and set up they have down there. We were thinking about catching a game. It looks like the Braves top prospect is playing for them forget his name but he's an good sized outfielder. TIA.

Spazzrico
04-16-2009, 09:07 AM
All I can say is it should be a nice time to go. The weather down here hasn't turned to Africa hot yet. Don't know much about the team. I can say that see a baseball game is probably the only thing of value in all of that god forsaken place. Not a Myrtle Beach fan...

Grande Donkey
04-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Very nice place. Don't know what kind of team they got this year, but I have always had fun watching the Pelicans play in the past.

OesterPoster
04-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Jason Heyward, the guy a lot of us wanted to draft instead of Mesoraco. The Braves nabbed him with the pick right in front of the Reds.

dougdirt
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Cole Rohrbough
Jason Heyward
Freddie Freeman

Those are the big names to watch for. Cody Johnson has a lot of potential as well, but very raw at the plate.

SidneySlicker
04-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the input guys. At this point I think we are planning on catching a game there, but probably won't decide for sure until we're down there. Also they will be playing the the Lynchburg Hillcats, who have last years #2 overall pick Pedro Alvarez and pitcher Ronald Uviedo both of whom are on the Pirates 40 man roster.

Royals Fan
04-16-2009, 02:44 PM
I been watching Freddie Freeman cause i got him on my farm team in my fanasty baseball leage. He off to good start so far. Braves are very high on him soounds like another Adam LaRouche typer with better OBP.

dougdirt
04-16-2009, 02:52 PM
I been watching Freddie Freeman cause i got him on my farm team in my fanasty baseball leage. He off to good start so far. Braves are very high on him soounds like another Adam LaRouche typer with better OBP.

Freeman can flat out hit. If he were a little more athletic and weren't stuck at 1B, he would easily be a top 50 prospect in baseball right now.

Royals Fan
04-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Doug- who would compared him to right now in the Majors- i also have the Marlins 3rd Baseman Matt Domgiuez at Junipter. I read somehwere he compared to Ryan Zimmerman of the Nationals.