PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NBA Playoffs

Pages : 1 [2]

WMR
05-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Right now, Dwight pretty much uses his athletic ability and strength to get the job done....but the kid is 22(?) he should develop a more consistent and diverse post game as time goes on. My only worry with him is that the lack of top notch bigs in the league, as of now, will hamper his development as a big man. He would be my number 2 pick behind Bron to start a franchise right now though. 7'0 270 diesel and those ups, DH should be a force within a year or two...too bad Orlando is a dead end for him

didn't mean to offend by calling Orlando a dead end, but Dwight will never win a title with the Magic. their management just will not allow it, signing Rashard Lewis to a max contract, Grant Hill anyone, drafting Redick with that early of a pick? the Magic's front office just isn't up to championship standards. Orlando is a quality team on the court, but aren't really considered a threat by people in the league.

and Lebron won't be leaving Cleveland in 2010, i'd be willing to bet my 2010 salary on that

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72679&page=3

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1782957&postcount=50

Sorry, the irony was too great not to rehash this little bit of history.

I hope Mason Buzz checks in again. Haven't seen him around here in a while.

BuckeyeRed27
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Finals about to start.
Magic activated Jameer Nelson only 4 months after he about had his shoulder removed from his body.

improbus
06-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Jameer looks great!

BuckeyeRed27
06-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Jameer looks great!

Not as good as Kobe freaking Bryant does....jeez. He is a bad bad man right now.

cincrazy
06-04-2009, 11:03 PM
The Lakers look like the better team. If they win this series, it'll be a big time upset. Dwight is a great player, but the Lakers can do something the Cavs couldn't: throw quality big men at him.

Chip R
06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
The Lakers look like the better team. If they win this series, it'll be a big time upset.

:confused:

cincrazy
06-06-2009, 01:07 PM
:confused:

Haha. Sorry. That's the Vicodin talking. If they LOSE this series, it will be a big time upset ;).

Stupid tooth problems that lead to pain medicine that lead to comments such as this, destroying my pristine reputation on Redszone :cool:.

improbus
06-07-2009, 11:02 PM
It is a real shame that the Magic don't have Jameer healthy, because he would DESTROY the Lakers. Reddick and Alston can get to the rim anytime they want but can't finish.

Also, Dwight Howard has been awful For looking like Superman, he has some of the weakest hands I've ever seen. Everytime he gets the ball, the Lakers collapse and he gets stripped.

improbus
06-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Ugly win for the Lakers. They didn't look great, but the Magic looked even worse. Hedo and Rashard brought it, but Dwight continues to be a no show.

WMR
06-08-2009, 12:11 AM
I wonder who is the mastermind behind the oh-so-scripted thing at the end of Lakers games when Kobe Bryant hugs and kisses his wife and two daughters? Such an obvious attempt at "character manipulation."

gilpdawg
06-08-2009, 03:49 AM
It is a real shame that the Magic don't have Jameer healthy, because he would DESTROY the Lakers. Reddick and Alston can get to the rim anytime they want but can't finish.

Also, Dwight Howard has been awful For looking like Superman, he has some of the weakest hands I've ever seen. Everytime he gets the ball, the Lakers collapse and he gets stripped.
Howard sucks in the flow of the offense. He gets his on offensive rebounds or blown defenses where he gets a wide open dunk. He has no post moves. If he did he'd be one of the best bigs ever to play the game. As it is he's pretty darn good.

reds44
06-08-2009, 05:41 AM
I wonder who is the mastermind behind the oh-so-scripted thing at the end of Lakers games when Kobe Bryant hugs and kisses his wife and two daughters? Such an obvious attempt at "character manipulation."
Or, you know, he likes seeing his wife and kids after games.

WMR
06-08-2009, 07:12 AM
Or, you know, he likes seeing his wife and kids after games.

Yeah it's not like golden-boy Kobe has any negative PR in his recent past that the star-driven NBA would just love to help everyone forget about.

Hoosier Red
06-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Honestly Wily Mo, I doubt 70% of the people watching even remember that "negative" PR without being prodded.

I do agree though, they're trying to make him look good or else the Lakers would have everyone's wife and kids and Andrew Bynum's playmate waiting for them.

cincrazy
06-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah it's not like golden-boy Kobe has any negative PR in his recent past that the star-driven NBA would just love to help everyone forget about.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I think the love for his children is 100% legit, and I think you can see that by the look on his face. But the moments with his wife seem awkward at best.

cincrazy
06-08-2009, 09:46 AM

Dwight is a very good player, but he's not yet great. The Lakers can do something the Cavs couldn't: throw quality big men at him. If you can do that, you can neutralize him, and the Magic become pretty one dimensional offensively.

WMR
06-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I agree with you to a certain extent. I think the love for his children is 100% legit, and I think you can see that by the look on his face. But the moments with his wife seem awkward at best.

Oh I agree. His little girls look like precious little children and I'm sure he loves them to death... it's just funny how that's how they end EVERY Lakers home game.

improbus
06-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Howard sucks in the flow of the offense. He gets his on offensive rebounds or blown defenses where he gets a wide open dunk. He has no post moves. If he did he'd be one of the best bigs ever to play the game. As it is he's pretty darn good.

If you look at his skill set, he is a taller, more athletic, and slightly more gifted offensive version of Ben Wallace in his prime. His stats reflect Ben's in a number of ways. He block a ton of shots but isn't necessarily a dominant on the ball defender. He get a ton of rebounds, but in Orlando's offense he is often the only player within 15 feet of the basket (like Wallace in Detroit). He is a better passer than Wallace, but is very prone to turnovers. Dwight has added one move since joining the NBA, and that is a baby hook that careens into the rim at roughly 76 mph. He is a physical freak but is NOT a great player.

RBA
06-09-2009, 07:41 AM
http://estaticos03.marca.com/albumes/2009/06/08/gasol_howard_2/1244438352_extras_albumes_0.jpg

:eek:

RedLakerFan24
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Go Lakers...KOBE BRYANT >>>>>>>>> lebron james

RBA
06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Go Lakers...KOBE BRYANT >>>>>>>>> lebron james

Was there an argument?

improbus
06-09-2009, 06:55 PM
If LeBron ever adds a post-up game, he will be light years better. Also, give LeBron Gasol and Odom and he beats Orlando. Give Kobe Z and Varejao and he STRUGGLES w/ Denver.

RedLakerFan24
06-15-2009, 02:05 AM
LAAAAAKERS

RBA
06-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Since they thought it was a good idea to name the NBA Finals MVP trophy after Bill Russell, I think it would be a good idea to name the NBA Championship Trophy after the Lakers: The Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship Trophy

Sounds good to me. Or the Phil Jackson Coach of the Year trophy. And the Jerry West Executive of the Year award.

Chip R
06-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Since they thought it was a good idea to name the NBA Finals MVP trophy after Bill Russell, I think it would be a good idea to name the NBA Championship Trophy after the Lakers: The Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship Trophy

Sounds good to me. Or the Phil Jackson Coach of the Year trophy. And the Jerry West Executive of the Year award.

I think that would be a good idea when/if the Lakers franchise gets 18 world championships.

improbus
06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I think that would be a good idea when/if the Lakers franchise gets 18 world championships.

Agreed

RBA
06-17-2009, 04:24 PM

And how many final MVP's has Bill Russell won?

Roy Tucker
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM
And how many final MVP's has Bill Russell won?

I think none. The last year he played was the first year for the award and Jerry West won it. I think his league MVPs make up for it.

Kind of a dud Finals. When Van Gundy blundered his team out of Game 4, that was all she wrote.

During the post game, the camera briefly showed Phil Jackson, Bill Russell, and Pau Gasol talking. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation.