PDA

View Full Version : Cat on field pics lol - Cincinnati Reds vs Chicago Cubs - April 21, 2009

robmadden1
04-22-2009, 02:17 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2009-04/46430792.jpg http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2009-04/46430865.jpg

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/1538235,CST-SPT-cub22.article

PhillipsHead
04-22-2009, 02:23 AM
Pickin it up by its tail? That groundskeeper has never had a cat...

Jerome
04-22-2009, 03:04 AM
It's not a snake

ChatterRed
04-22-2009, 05:45 AM
That's animal cruelty. Hopefully PETA is all over this one. I have a cat and I'd never do that.

goreds2
04-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Thank goodness there was no microwave oven nearby.

nmculbreth
04-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I was listening to the game and according to Marty and Jeff the cat bit the groundskeeper, which is why he ended up holding it by its tail. Obviously not ideal but it's hard to blame the guy for holding it in such a manner.

bounty37h
04-22-2009, 01:21 PM
My wife freaked out when she saw that too, has the guy never held an animal period? Yeha, the cat bit him, but he was holding it bad the first time he picke dit up-I woulda bit him too if I couldnt hit him.

PhillipsHead
04-22-2009, 03:35 PM
When you treat an animal like a punk, it's gunna bite you like a punk. Rules of nature...

bgwilly31
04-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Oh geez. PETA is already on this im sure.

My wife did the same thing. Got all pissy when she saw the guy throw the cat over the ledge by the tail.

I dont like cats so i laughed.

Moosie52
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
At least that guy could run fast enough to catch it.

schmidty622
04-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I thought it was great. I'm not a cat guy. I would have probably punted it off the field.

Although I wish it would have been black so the Cubs could be cursed for 100 more years.

jimbo
04-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I thought it was great. I'm not a cat guy. I would have probably punted it off the field.

Real classy.

Hey Meat
04-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Typical Cubs, Classless. I can't believe that guy picked that cat up by its tail. I hope it belongs to a Reds fan and it bit him.

Red in Atl
04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Typical Cubs, Classless. I can't believe that guy picked that cat up by its tail. I hope it belongs to a Reds fan and it bit him.

:D

Yes, I was shocked when that doofus picked it up by the tail. And then he just tossed it back in the stands? I hope that cat bit the crap out of him, which it looked like he did.

I want to know what no one has asked. How did a cat get in the stadium? And then how did it get on the field?

DTCromer
04-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Stray cats and dogs are just like any other wild animal.

OH NO! He picked it up by its tail! God forbid! I'm surprised we haven't outlawed hawks picking up and snatching those little cute bunny rabbits.

bounty37h
04-22-2009, 05:13 PM

Although I wish it would have been black so the Cubs could be cursed for 100 more years.

If I saw a person punt a cat, or any animal, I would love to return the favor and punt him.

bounty37h
04-22-2009, 05:15 PM
:D

Yes, I was shocked when that doofus picked it up by the tail. And then he just tossed it back in the stands? I hope that cat bit the crap out of him, which it looked like he did.

I want to know what no one has asked. How did a cat get in the stadium? And then how did it get on the field?

I saw it at another game this season already as well, but cant remember what game. It is weird though

bounty37h
04-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Stray cats and dogs are just like any other wild animal.

OH NO! He picked it up by its tail! God forbid! I'm surprised we haven't outlawed hawks picking up and snatching those little cute bunny rabbits.

You know they do that to eat, dont you? Just askin....

bgwilly31
04-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Did anyone notice soriano was covering his mouth like the cat might have a disease or something. lol

Slyder
04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Did anyone notice soriano was covering his mouth like the cat might have a disease or something. lol

Probably laughing so hard at the groundskeepers expense.

REDblooded
04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
My girlfriend is sitting next to me... First time she's ever read anything on this forum... Had to laugh when she groaned about how literally some of you are taking things...

This has to be one of the most sensitive forums ever. EVER.

TeamSelig
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM

lmao

Red in Atl
04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
My girlfriend is sitting next to me... First time she's ever read anything on this forum... Had to laugh when she groaned about how literally some of you are taking things...

This has to be one of the most sensitive forums ever. EVER.

Dude, if you picked up my cat by the tail, he would slice you up so many ways then bite the crap out of you. It would be similar in pain to someone picking you up by the....

Fon Duc Tow
04-22-2009, 07:02 PM
boy, cats really bring out the e-thug in some people

:popcorn:

"Jerry! Jerry!"

gedred69
04-24-2009, 12:57 AM
Any love for the fact the guy probably has "Cat Scratch Fever" by now? I work with a guy whose wife has a houseful of the little beasts as some wacko adoption circle. One of her beloved cats she was nurturing attacked her she screamed for help he ran to help, got bit, and 24 hrs. later was in the emergency room in very serious shape. Doc told him he didn't show up a moment too soon. My favorite bumper sticker; "Missing your cat? Check under my tires". Let the attacks begin, I really don't care.

Did I mention I'm terribly allergic to cats?

elfmanvt07
04-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Dude, if you picked up my cat by the tail, he would slice you up so many ways then bite the crap out of you. It would be similar in pain to someone picking you up by the....

That's the thing. It ALREADY sliced him up six ways to Sunday. Grabbing the tail was about his 4th attempt at picking up the cat. Obviously, there's no photos of that, but I was watching the game and saw it happen.

I own a cat. I love her to death. But, if it were my job to get a stray cat off the field, and being nice about it failed, you can be dang sure that I'd pick the thing up by its tail. The cat's experienced much worse, I can assure you. I don't owe the cat anything. When the claws come out, coddling the cat goes out the window. It's a wild animal, for goodness' sake.

Cant Touch This
04-24-2009, 09:25 AM
No one in the stands seemed particularly upset by the way the cat was being held. Maybe the cat will think twice before entering the friendly confines next time.

I think the cat needs a name so I'm calling him Kiki. No one has been able to cover so much ground in the Cubs outfield since Kiki Cuyler.

Bad Kiki. Bad kitty. Now go poop and bury it in the Cubs bullpen.

HalMorrisRules
04-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Wrigley Cat Taken To Veterinarian (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/1538970,wrigley-field-cat-what-happened-042209.article)

The cat is ok but the grounds crew people needed medical attention. It isn't just a question about getting bitten by the cat but it most likely is a stray. Stray's are known to carry diseases, like rabies for instance. Any of you want to let the little guy take a chunk out of you?

This is all said by someone that is a cat lover, but common sense needs to prevail in certain circumstances. This one fits that category.

In fact, that cat at Wrigley looked familiar and then I remembered where I had seen it before.

Deja Vu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR_LHlFwlhk&feature=player_embedded)