PDA

View Full Version : Why do Cubs fans boo Dusty?

LouisvilleCARDS
04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
He didn't end there well, but he's the only manager in like 70 or 80 years or so (don't remember how far back) that actually WON a playoff series for their God forsaken crap franchise. They should be glad they even got that.

Chris Sabowned
04-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Because they're a loser franchise full of loser fans. Duh.

highheat11
04-22-2009, 06:31 PM
More importantly, what was up with that jacket last night?!? haha. It was just a generic MLB jacket that kinda looked like an umpire's jacket or something. I was always under the impression that you had to wear team gear in the dugout.

But yeah, I don't really get why those hare-brained fans boo him. Maybe because they feel he "ruined" Prior and Wood?

RedLakerFan24
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
cuz they are Cubs Fans

Jerome
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
If 80% of our players were on the Cubs, they would be booed on a nightly basis. They expect winning baseball. I'm not sure if they're idiots or geniuses, but I tend to side with the former.

LouisvilleCARDS
04-22-2009, 07:12 PM
This sums up the Cubs fans perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0&feature=related

bounty37h
04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
OMG, that soundtrack is awesome, I cant believe I have never heard that before!!!!!!!!!!

tommycash
04-23-2009, 10:35 AM
I think I have a new personal hero. Go Lee Elia.

ChatterRed
04-23-2009, 11:39 AM
It never gets old. Nothing like the Cubs manager ripping his own fans. It would take alot to get any man to that point, and it shows just how idiotic the Cubs fans are. They deserved that tirade. They really did.

Marty let'em have a few years ago, or maybe it was last year.......can't remember.

Bumstead
04-23-2009, 11:59 AM
hmmm...maybe because he got paid $3M a year to bring them a championship and all they ended up with were their two star pitchers with their right arms in a sling...just sayin'. I hate the chubs but it's not hard to understand why they don't care for Dusty. He took a team theoretically poised to compete (which they did the first year I believe) and turned them into an also-ran by the time he left. He's the manager, he gets the blame; that's just the way it is.

Fon Duc Tow
04-23-2009, 12:31 PM

If you are a Reds fan, and ESPECIALLY if you are a Bengals fan... just stop. :D

When was the last time the Reds won the division? Heck, when was the last time the Reds even ended the season .500 or better? I think we squeaked out at 4th place 82-80 one year during the Miley/Narron/etc years.

Sorry, I hate that when the Cubs come to town in August, GAB is all blue. But maybe that's because the Cubs have so many fair weather fans? ...no wait, that's not it.:rolleyes:

DaytonFlyer
04-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Sorry, I hate that when the Cubs come to town in August, GAB is all blue. But maybe that's because the Cubs have so many fair weather fans? ...no wait, that's not it.:rolleyes:

The Cubs DO have a lot of fair weather fans outside of Chicago. How many of those fans were coming to Riverfront when the Cubs sucked it HARD. Not near as many as now.

Pony Boy
04-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Cubs fans are the worst. I used to go to games in the late 90s at Wrigley whenever the Reds were in town. Tickets were easy to come by and the fans were great. At some point in time everything at Wrigley changed. The fanbased tripled overnight somehow and all of the new fans are *******s.

PhillipsHead
04-23-2009, 01:29 PM

That pretty much sums it up right there, very well said...

BurgervilleBuck
04-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Cubs fans are the worst. I used to go to games in the late 90s at Wrigley whenever the Reds were in town. Tickets were easy to come by and the fans were great. At some point in time everything at Wrigley changed. The fanbased tripled overnight somehow and all of the new fans are *******s.

In Boston, it's referred to as the Pinkhat Syndrome.

Here's a good article (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090423&content_id=4392654&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin&partnerId=rss_cin) discussing the very thing on our minds. I think Hairston's quote about entitlement nails it right on the head.

RedEyez
04-23-2009, 05:28 PM
i think it's so stupid to boo at your own team or any other team for that matter

gedred69
04-23-2009, 08:57 PM
In Boston, it's referred to as the Pinkhat Syndrome.

Here's a good article (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090423&content_id=4392654&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin&partnerId=rss_cin) discussing the very thing on our minds. I think Hairston's quote about entitlement nails it right on the head.

Oh wow! I heard that phrase used by someone I know from Boston who has been a life-long---and I do mean life-long Bosox fan. He called them "pink hats" in disgust! Every year I always go (now went) to at least one ST game in Ft. Myers between the Reds and the Bosox because I can stay w/ family there free, and it's <2 hrs. to Sarasota. The Bosox fans in the 90's were great to be around, but as time went by they got more about "being there" and less about Baseball.

OSUredsFAN
04-23-2009, 10:07 PM
The Cubs DO have a lot of fair weather fans outside of Chicago. How many of those fans were coming to Riverfront when the Cubs sucked it HARD. Not near as many as now.

Outside of Chicago? How about in Chicago too. I now live here, and i run into a lot of people who moved here and became Cub "fans".

It was so nice to take 2 of 3 from them!

BurgervilleBuck
04-23-2009, 10:44 PM
The Bosox fans in the 90's were great to be around, but as time went by they got more about "being there" and less about Baseball.
Yah, that's been my buddy's chief complaint. He says it's hard for regular folks like him to get tickets.

CincinnatiRep
04-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Gotta love the ignorance in this thread. Don't they have the first or second most overall wins in their history? Also, their all-time winning % is .514. It's pretty well-cited Dusty is the worst manager in the game and the guy has continuously blasted their fan base. Now, I think Cubs fans are idiots as much as anyone (hell, I've heard them boo freakin' Rich Harden), but given those circumstances it is completely understandable for them to boo Dusty. If we're going to fault them, fault them for the other moronic million things they do other than the one occassional intelligent thing. And it's ignorant to say their franchise is crap when they're easily one of the most dozen successful franchises. Probably 8th-10th. Come on now.

bounty37h
04-28-2009, 10:50 AM
^where is it "pretty well-cited that dusty is the worst manager in the game"?

BurgervilleBuck
04-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I think Rep pulled that factoid from the Buttocks & Keister Encyclopedia.

bounty37h
04-28-2009, 02:13 PM
^I would say so, the number 2 edition at that

GoGoWhiteSox
04-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Gotta love the ignorance in this thread. Don't they have the first or second most overall wins in their history? Also, their all-time winning % is .514. It's pretty well-cited Dusty is the worst manager in the game and the guy has continuously blasted their fan base. Now, I think Cubs fans are idiots as much as anyone (hell, I've heard them boo freakin' Rich Harden), but given those circumstances it is completely understandable for them to boo Dusty. If we're going to fault them, fault them for the other moronic million things they do other than the one occassional intelligent thing. And it's ignorant to say their franchise is crap when they're easily one of the most dozen successful franchises. Probably 8th-10th. Come on now.

Yeah, considering that most, if not nearly all of the Cubs' success came before World War II. I guess if you are an octogenarian poster, you have a right to be complaining about the good ol' days of Phil Cavaretta and such. Oh yeah, and let's not forget that they haven't won a pennant since 1945, and they haven't won a world championship since 1908, or the fact that they have had an "outstanding" winning percentage of .470 since the end of World War II. Also, they have had only 18 winning seasons in the last 63 years, 1/3 of which came between 1967-1972. Oh yeah, and I guess it's pretty convient of you to forget that Dusty Baker was the first Cub manager since good ol' Frank Chance in 1908 to win a playoff series. Something that Don Baylor, Jim Riggleman, Jim Lefebvre, and scores of other Cub managers were not able to do.

And could you please tell me where it is pretty well-cited that Dusty Baker is one of the worst managers in the game? I would just loooove to hear your "source" of information....