PDA

View Full Version : Reds uniforms

Redlegs
04-27-2009, 06:58 AM
I think it's time to do away with the "shadow" numerals and letters on the Reds uni's. The names are difficult to read and that look played out in the late 90's. The red jersey is much easier to read because the black shadowing on the red jersey is less noticeable. I dig the font, but I'd like to see the letters on the last name be a bit larger and, once again, do away with the shadowing on the uniform, caps, and helmet.

Ghosts of 1990
04-27-2009, 07:06 AM
I like the uniforms the way they are now. Our uniforms have been well received even by those not in our fan base. I think we were ranked just out of the top 10 in a poll done by UniWatch. I don't think they should ever change them again. Changing every 8-10 years or so, that really makes the tradition tough to achieve. You look around at the classic franchises in the league, which we are one of; and they all have the same uniforms year after year after year for decades. I think we should be that way as well. I wish we only wore the home red alternates on sundays.

Redlegs
04-27-2009, 05:06 PM
I love the uniforms, I just don't like the shadowing on the numbers and letters. Make them solid red and outline in white on the road. :thumbup:

reds1869
04-27-2009, 05:22 PM
I actually like the shadowing and would love to see the uniforms stay just as they are. I do agree they are a bit hard to read at times, though.

PhillipsHead
04-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Their red alternates are my favorite. Perfect jerseys.

mroby85
04-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Their red alternates are my favorite. Perfect jerseys.

The alternates are sweet! I love the color of red on the authentics, the replica's aren't as nice. As far as taking the black shadow off... I don't like it, I think it would make them look cheaper, like a wal-mart type purchase or something, lol.

corwinator3407
04-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Coming from a guy that works at a sporting goods store and see's all kinds of jerseys and ideas, I love the Reds jerseys just as they are. All 3 are perfect IMO.