PDA

View Full Version : Paul Daugherty & C Trent Rosecrans laid off

Krawhitham
04-28-2009, 01:21 PM
http://tinyurl.com/cwga8d

BurgervilleBuck
04-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Daugherty is no loss, but C Trent really hurts.

highheat11
04-28-2009, 01:43 PM
That's a shame. I really enjoyed C Trent. Best of luck to both of them.

EDDIEGGG27
04-28-2009, 01:46 PM
This sucks.

xavr1
04-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Definite shame. Like them or not, at least these guys gave us continuous Cincinnati sports talk. Now, we will probably get some national talking heads babbling about the Red Sox and Yankees during those times, if anything. Bad news.

WildcatFan
04-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I really liked C Trent's Reds coverage. He was a blogger coming from a newspaper background, which is refreshing to see in the sports world of everybody with a computer has a voice. He'll get picked up somewhere else soon, though.

Don't know much about Doc

Ghosts of 1990
04-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Daugherty is no loss, but C Trent really hurts.

Wow that stinks. I'm just the opposite. I loved Doc's takes and I liked him the most on extra innings and before the games. He'd frequently let me on his show to discuss Reds.

C. Trent loved the Reds and you can see it in his work. I hope they land on their feet.

Ghosts of 1990
04-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Wow Alan Cutler is gone too. I am glad Mo Egger is alright, he is a personal friend of mine.

schmidty622
04-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Good luck finding work in this economy.

EDDIEGGG27
04-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow that stinks. I'm just the opposite. I loved Doc's takes and I liked him the most on extra innings and before the games. He'd frequently let me on his show to discuss Reds.

C. Trent loved the Reds and you can see it in his work. I hope they land on their feet.

I hope this doesnt mean we get Doc Rogers every day of the week now.

Jharb74
04-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I assume Paul is still working for the Enquirer? Another example of how Clear Channel is ruining radio.

Moosie52
04-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Maybe the Trucking Bozo will be re-aired in C.'s spot.

Ghosts of 1990
04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I assume Paul is still working for the Enquirer? Another example of how Clear Channel is ruining radio.

It's all a confusing, tangled web to say the least.

Carin4Narron
04-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh goodie, they replaced Dockery with a Schill and a sports groupie in Lance M. I long for the days of Trumpy and Collnisworth.

BUTLER REDSFAN
04-28-2009, 03:03 PM
2:45 p.m. update: Scott Sloan, whose 9 p.m.-midnight show is pre-empted by the Reds for six months, just told Bill Cunningham's audience that he'll do the "Extra Innings" post-game call-in show tonight, instead of Doc. Don't know if that's permanent; it could be. Also hear that Matt Steinmann, who produces Cunningham's and Mike McConnell's WLW-AM talk shows, was let go too. Still haven't heard from any Clear Channel execs, and probably won't. Nothing yet on anyone from the FM side.

From the Enquirer website....My sympathies to all.

ChatterRed
04-28-2009, 03:07 PM
I liked Doc.

Dude is a stand-up guy. I used to call his voice mail, rip his column, leave my phone number and he'd call me back. By the time we talked awhile, I really respected him.

ChatterRed
04-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Oh goodie, they replaced Dockery with a Schill and a sports groupie in Lance M. I long for the days of Trumpy and Collnisworth.

Times are a-changing. People don't listen to the radio as much as they used to. The internet has taken over.

I can remember eating dinner and actually having Trumpy's sportstalk on, back in the 80's.

I spend my extra time (and probably too much time) checking things out on the internet.

bubbachunk
04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Awful awful news, C Trent was my favorite person to read from Cincinnati's writers.

bounty37h
04-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Good luck finding work in this economy.

No kidding, lots more then just basbeall writers being laid off. I personally am also sitting waiting for my phone to ring any day/second now with an axe call.

Ghosts of 1990
04-28-2009, 04:32 PM
The internet and blogs are killing newspapers and now I suspect that radio is feeling that as well. People need to get more innovative all over, especially in these fields if they are going to salvage their respective fields.

RedsFan74
04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Also hear that Matt Steinmann, who produces Cunningham's and Mike McConnell's WLW-AM talk shows, was let go too.

Just curious, are Matt Steinmann and Redzone's "Matt1360Homer" the same person??

I always heard his name mentioned on 1360 and now 1530 and just assumed they were one and the same.

Sad, sad news.

BurgervilleBuck
04-28-2009, 04:42 PM
The internet and blogs are killing newspapers and now I suspect that radio is feeling that as well.
The Internet and blogs aren't killing newspapers. Newspapers could have adapted rather well but most papers are owned by corporations that care only about making money. Instead of keeping local reporters with connections to their hometowns, the media monoliths would rather use wire services and syndicated columnists to fill pages.

And radio is suffering the same fate. It's not the Internet, it's the frikkin' bean counters.

TheBigLebowski
04-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Wow. That's very surprising. Very surprising...

corwinator3407
04-28-2009, 05:39 PM

I couldn't agree more.

Jerry Narron
04-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Anyone think the Dayton Daily News could hire C Trent as a potential replacement for Hal McCoy after McCoy decides to retire?

BEETTLEBUG
04-28-2009, 06:25 PM
That is good idea

Ghosts of 1990
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Anyone think the Dayton Daily News could hire C Trent as a potential replacement for Hal McCoy after McCoy decides to retire?

I hope not.

I understand why people like C. Trent but in all honesty the guy is just a fan who snarks and has gotten inside the organization with a little hardwork. He can't write like Mccoy can.

Much better people for the job. My 2 cents.

Z-Fly
04-28-2009, 11:56 PM
About 3 years ago I would have 1360/1530 on from the time I woke up until 6pm. Lately I just tune in for Lance's show on the way home. I hated Allan's show. It was painful to listen to. I used to be a HUGE fan of the angry guys, but the Gamble and Fin show SUCKS!! I can't even listen to it. I am now stuck with lady GAGA on the way in. This sound like local sports talk radio is on the way out.

PS Mo's show is Awesome!! I just never get a chance to tune in.

gilpdawg
04-29-2009, 12:34 AM
This is pretty much a nationwide trend. Local sports shows are being phased out in favor of national syndicated shows. Cheaper. LA blew up one of their sports stations a few months ago.

DannyB
04-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Just curious, are Matt Steinmann and Redzone's "Matt1360Homer" the same person??

I always heard his name mentioned on 1360 and now 1530 and just assumed they were one and the same.

Sad, sad news.

Theres another Matt from clear channel on ORG,matt700wlw, he has been here awhile.Hope thats not him.

redsfanfalcon
04-30-2009, 10:55 AM
2:45 p.m. update: Scott Sloan, whose 9 p.m.-midnight show is pre-empted by the Reds for six months, just told Bill Cunningham's audience that he'll do the "Extra Innings" post-game call-in show tonight, instead of Doc. Don't know if that's permanent; it could be. Also hear that Matt Steinmann, who produces Cunningham's and Mike McConnell's WLW-AM talk shows, was let go too. Still haven't heard from any Clear Channel execs, and probably won't. Nothing yet on anyone from the FM side.

From the Enquirer website....My sympathies to all.

I listened to Sloan on the way home last night. He was not good. He seemed like an uneducated fan. He seems to do okay on other aspects of radio, just not the Reds.

goreds2
05-18-2009, 09:40 PM
I am sorry to hear about the job losses. I did a search here to find out why Paul D. was not on any longer.

Maybe Tracy Jones will make some extra innings appearances?

gilpdawg
05-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Maybe Tracy Jones will make some extra innings appearances?
Let's hope not.

Did you know he played the game?

goreds2
05-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Did you know he played the game?

Yes, when he was in the lineup, Tracy played the game. :D