PDA

View Full Version : Very Significant game tonight.

flash
04-30-2009, 08:38 AM
This should be the first game that Rosales and Hannigan will be in the starting line-up together for the Reds.

I have maintained for a long time that Hanigan should be starting over Hernandez. Hernandez has only thrown out a third of the runners trying to steal. Hannigan has yet to surrender a stolen base. Hanigan is batting over 100 points higher, his OBP is over 100 points higher, his SLG is 80 points higher. Shouldn't it be time that Hannigan gets more looks than just Arroyo?

If Rosales can continue hitting at this level should he replace EE. I say yes.

Eric_the_Red
04-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Tonight's game is so significant, it isn't even on the schedule. :eek:

I will predict this: the Reds will NOT lose tonight. ;)

bounty37h
04-30-2009, 09:36 AM
I agree I would like to see more of Hannigan

mroby85
04-30-2009, 09:54 AM
This should be the first game that Rosales and Hannigan will be in the starting line-up together for the Reds.

I have maintained for a long time that Hanigan should be starting over Hernandez. Hernandez has only thrown out a third of the runners trying to steal. Hannigan has yet to surrender a stolen base. Hanigan is batting over 100 points higher, his OBP is over 100 points higher, his SLG is 80 points higher. Shouldn't it be time that Hannigan gets more looks than just Arroyo?

If Rosales can continue hitting at this level should he replace EE. I say yes.

Wouldn't you agree that those numbers could be very deceiving considering the amount of playing time thats been received by both players? Hernandez also started out in a slump, and has been hitting the ball better as of late. Last thought, every game i've watched Hernandez has been throwing strikes to second base, but the base was stolen on the pitcher.

Griffey012
04-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Wouldn't you agree that those numbers could be very deceiving considering the amount of playing time thats been received by both players? Hernandez also started out in a slump, and has been hitting the ball better as of late. Last thought, every game i've watched Hernandez has been throwing strikes to second base, but the base was stolen on the pitcher.

Between Volquez, Cueto, and Harang all of those pitchers have pretty slow motions towards home plate. Cueto is the best, but he still isn't that great at holding runners it seems. Harang moves his glove before his body which is a dead giveaway to steal.

bgwilly31
04-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Tonight's game is so significant, it isn't even on the schedule. :eek:

I will predict this: the Reds will NOT lose tonight. ;)

I was thinking what the heck. There isnt a game tonight. My schedule says so.

I was sad because i had a lot fo work to do out in the garage and i hate working out there with no reds to watch.

This rain out just made my night!

I wanna beat these peg legs A**.

I cant stand pissburgh.

bgwilly31
04-30-2009, 01:38 PM
okay now im sad again.

I didnt catch the sarcasm in your post eric.

I thought we were making up the rain out tonight:(

Fon Duc Tow
04-30-2009, 02:25 PM
okay now im sad again.

I didnt catch the sarcasm in your post eric.

I thought we were making up the rain out tonight:(

cincinnatireds.com ftw

might save you some heartache down the road. :D

Eric_the_Red
04-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Sorry, I'll turn up the sarcasm next time. ;)

cbowen2112
04-30-2009, 06:26 PM
I saw Hannigan play in college and hes was amazing with his accuracy, I thought they should have went with the OF bat instead of trying to shore up the already stellar defense at catcher. He may not always have the best BA or OPS, but neither did Bako.

gedred69
04-30-2009, 10:21 PM
I saw Hannigan play in college and hes was amazing with his accuracy, I thought they should have went with the OF bat instead of trying to shore up the already stellar defense at catcher. He may not always have the best BA or OPS, but neither did Bako.

Bako was last year, and thus History. Now the Reds have in Hannigan a guy with the makings of the best back-up catcher in the game today. I'll take that!