PDA

View Full Version : Dusty has to be the worst at making out lineup cards

fewfirstchoice
05-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I think Dusty has to be the worst manager in MLB to make out a lineup. He just has to clue who to play and were to bat certain players in the order. The only hitter he has in the right spot is Votto. But Votto is idiot proof do Baker cant even mess that up. The Reds offense is bad (actually its awful if oh Bob would have spent a little cash this off season it might have been decent) enough without Dusty screwing up the lineup like he does every night.

schmidty622
05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
McDonald should't hit behind Bruce. That's for sure.

Eric_the_Red
05-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh good, another "criticize Dusty's lineup" thread. We haven't had one of these for a day or two. I'm sure this is the thread where the magical lineup configuration is determined that will net the team an extra 3-4 runs per game.

FlyerFanatic
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
the thing that gets me about his lineups is the constant tinkering...i understand switching a few things up when facing a lefty...but it seems like he has to move the lineup around constantly like hes OCD. just figure your lineup out...and stick to it for a bit.

ChatterRed
05-06-2009, 10:51 PM
My gripe is for the 4th time in two years he leaves Bronson in to get shelled and completely puts the game out of reach. We have Herrera and Lincoln who can each go like 3 innings a piece. Ridiculous. Our bullpen has barely gotten any work of late other than the 14 inning game 2 nights ago.

He basically concedes losing these games and it makes me sick.

CWRed
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
My gripe is for the 4th time in two years he leaves Bronson in to get shelled and completely puts the game out of reach. We have Herrera and Lincoln who can each go like 3 innings a piece. Ridiculous. Our bullpen has barely gotten any work of late other than the 14 inning game 2 nights ago.

He basically concedes losing these games and it makes me sick.

It's because he is not smart at all.

Jr's Boy
05-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Why Darnell''Ronald'' Mcdonald is still in the major's is beyond me.

FlyerFanatic
05-07-2009, 05:16 PM

exactly...he has no business being up in the majors

Atlas Jobinson
05-08-2009, 05:48 AM

Yeah, didn't management brag throughout the whole spring about having 4 guys in Taveras, Dickerson, Hairston, and Bruce that can play CF (and I guess Nix as well)? We don't need McDonald just because he can fill in in center, and obviously his bat is not an asset. The guy's a joke. I want Gomes on the next bus to Cincinnati.

cbowen2112
05-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I don't think Gomes' AVG. is high enough for a call up just yet. I think if the philosophy is truely "small ball," send down McDonald and bring up Hopper.

He was second to Willy T. a few years ago in infield hits, he gets on just as much as Willy T. and has good plate discipline, only 6 SO in 97 ABs. McDonald has 7 SO in 29 Abs. Imagine having all that speed on the base pads, two lead off men if you will. Hairston is not fit for the two hole (swings and misses too much).

Maybe even go the LaRussa way and bat Hopper 9th, not gonna happen, but could work.

I like Hopper and hope he gets another chance. It just seems like when Dusty was brought in he didn't give him much of a chance. Granted he was injured, but even still, no love for Hopper.

smoke6
05-08-2009, 10:46 AM
It's getting to a point now where even Thom & Jeff Brantley are getting on Dusty for the Dickerson/Nix situation...I understand standing by your players to a point, but there comes a time when you have to cut bait.

WILD THING
05-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I was down at the game last night, and I personally couldn't believe that the lineup Dusty made up actually got a win. I know his hands were tied with both BP and Votto being sick, but when I saw the lineup on the scoreboard before the game, I told my friend we'd be lucky to score two runs. I don't really mind Hernandez in the 4-spot because he seems to provide a decent threat for power, even though he hasn't shown it much so far, but I feel like he's ready to break out. Anything is better than Phillips in the 4-spot in my opinion. Its just too bad Nix is a lefty, otherwise you might be able to use him to split Bruce and Votto.