PDA

View Full Version : Janish

ChatterRed
05-06-2009, 11:05 PM
I was really impressed, even though he got hammered for 5 runs. It's always fun watching a position player do some pitching. He did strike out two.

mroby85
05-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Bronson is probably wondering why he didn't get a standing ovation, lol jk.

ChatterRed
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Bronson is probably wondering why he didn't get a standing ovation, lol jk.

Funny. :beerme:

bgwilly31
05-06-2009, 11:15 PM
I see it as giving up. sure its 10-3 and every fan out there had given up. but you never like to see your team give up.

ChatterRed
05-06-2009, 11:31 PM
I see it as giving up. sure its 10-3 and every fan out there had given up. but you never like to see your team give up.

I had more of a problem with Dusty leaving Bronson in to get hammered when clearly he didn't have it tonight. Dusty's reasoning is to save his bullpen. But theoretically, Herrera went 3 innings (and should), and Lincoln can go 3 innings, and they have other guys who can do that too, such as Burton could go atleast 2.

If he takes Bronson out after the first inning, they are only down 5. The normal pitching gave up 1 more run the rest of the game. We scored 3 runs, and that was without Votto, who he took out after 2 at-bats. Plus, you know the team packed it in down 9 runs.

I had no problem when the 9th inning came around and putting in Janish. At that point, I did concede the game.

I hate the way Dusty lets Bronson stay in the game. This is like the 4th time in 2 seasons so far.

goreds2
05-06-2009, 11:51 PM
If he takes Bronson out after the first inning, they are only down 5.

Our bullpen was somewhat spent because of the 14 inning game two nights ago.

GIDP
05-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Our bullpen was somewhat spent because of the 14 inning game two nights ago.

No thanks to Dusty blowing what a long relief pitcher is and using Masset for 2 batters in the 9th inning of a tie game.

robmadden1
05-07-2009, 01:28 AM
“Janish had told me he’d been a closer in college,” Baker said. “That’s the first time I’ve ever done that. It boiled down to the process of elimination.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090506/SPT04/305060087/1071/Brewers+clobber+Reds+15-3

robmadden1
05-07-2009, 01:43 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090507&content_id=4600136&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

robmadden1
05-07-2009, 02:08 AM
It has been 11 years (Lenny Harris - June 1, 1998) since a Reds position player has pitched. Rob Butcher and Marty mentioned this.

flash
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM
No thanks to Dusty blowing what a long relief pitcher is and using Masset for 2 batters in the 9th inning of a tie game.

Exactly my thoughts. Long relief is basically Masset's job so why isn't he doing it. In the extra inning game it seems he shoud have gone a little more than 1/3 of an inning. Then he was used again the next night to close out a game when it really could have been done by someone else.

The only reason then bullpen is tired is because it hasn't been used correctly. Owings needs to have a strong outing tonight or the Reds will be heading into the Cardinal series with a tired bullpen thanks to their manager.

bgwilly31
05-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I had more of a problem with Dusty leaving Bronson in to get hammered when clearly he didn't have it tonight. Dusty's reasoning is to save his bullpen. But theoretically, Herrera went 3 innings (and should), and Lincoln can go 3 innings, and they have other guys who can do that too, such as Burton could go atleast 2.

If he takes Bronson out after the first inning, they are only down 5. The normal pitching gave up 1 more run the rest of the game. We scored 3 runs, and that was without Votto, who he took out after 2 at-bats. Plus, you know the team packed it in down 9 runs.

I had no problem when the 9th inning came around and putting in Janish. At that point, I did concede the game.

I hate the way Dusty lets Bronson stay in the game. This is like the 4th time in 2 seasons so far.

well ive got a lot more problems with the game than just janish pitching.

I cant believe you guys dont care if your team AND coach gives up on a game after 2-3 innings. :rolleyes:

BuckU
05-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Exactly my thoughts. Long relief is basically Masset's job so why isn't he doing it. In the extra inning game it seems he shoud have gone a little more than 1/3 of an inning. Then he was used again the next night to close out a game when it really could have been done by someone else.

The only reason then bullpen is tired is because it hasn't been used correctly. Owings needs to have a strong outing tonight or the Reds will be heading into the Cardinal series with a tired bullpen thanks to their manager.

Masset has been one of the more effective BP arms this year, why have him only work as the long man? He's actually filling the role of what they thought Lincoln would fill.

I have no problem with the way the pen has been used. Would anybody have rather them bring in a starter? Dusty did that last year with Harang and nobody has let him off the hook yet.

Ghosts of 1990
05-07-2009, 02:59 PM
I knew Prince Fielder was going to teach him a lesson about straight fastballs haha.

RedsFan74
05-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I was left wondering if it was such a good idea to have your #2a or 2b Shortstop take the mound when your starting shortstop is injured. I would have hated for Janish to injure himself while pitching in a blowout...leaving the Reds without 2 of their shortstops.

CWRed
05-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Masset should not have been put in the game in the 9th inning of the Volquez shutout on Tuesday. You need one guy rested for long relief just in case. Any of the other guys could have pitched. It was 7-0. Hell, put Cordero in there. Oh wait, it's not a save situation so Dusty can't do that. :rolleyes:

Oh and don't get me started on Hairston playing 3rd base.

This team excites me a little. Dusty fills that excitement with Elmer's glue.

And I still say trade Arroyo.