PDA

View Full Version : Nix is in the Starting Lineup

gobucks106
05-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Don't look now but Nix is in the starting line up playing left field and batting 6th. What happened did Baker finallay wake up and smell the coffee. Rosales in back in the line up tonight as well. He's cooled off lately maybe the day of will do him good and he'll get three hits tonight. Let's hope Phillips stays hot as well.

Rockermann
05-07-2009, 04:55 PM
But Votto's not. He's sick it seems.

GIDP
05-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Why is Hernandez playing 1st base when we have rosales on the roster?

Good lord Dusty makes everything complicated

corwinator3407
05-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Why is Hernandez playing 1st base when we have rosales on the roster?

Good lord Dusty makes everything complicated

I would rather have Hernandez and Hanigan in the lineup than Hairston and one of the catchers. Joey needs a day off though, but I bet he PHs.

freestyle55
05-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Where did you see the Votto-less lineup? John Fay's blog shows him in and batting 3rd as usual...

It also showed Nix hitting 7th FWIW

Bumstead
05-07-2009, 05:21 PM
So, you would rather have Hairston and Janish playing than have Hernandez and Hannigan? I think Dusty is trying everything he can to try and get somebody that can hit the ball out of the infield into the lineup...How can this lineup be any worse than any other lineup he puts out there based on the players he has available?

Bum

GIDP
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Rosales should be at 1st tonight with Janish at SS and hairston at 3rd. Saccing way too much D with owings on the mound.

Only thing I could think of is if Janish's arm is sore from throwing last night.

GIDP
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Fay had the line up saying Votto was sick so maybe they changed it back haha

Bumstead
05-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Maybe Votto looked at the lineup and that made him sicker, so he decided to play! :D

bgwilly31
05-07-2009, 06:06 PM
i like it i like it!

Hopefully he comes out and impresses.

Rockermann
05-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Now Brandon is out sick... They're going down quickly. :eek:

TheBigLebowski
05-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Dusty Baker to Chris Dickerson: "I said, ‘Hey man, you’ve got to go back to work. Nix is going good right now.’ It’s about winning ballgames. I’m not saying it’s all his fault. But Nix is doing his thing."

WORD UP

Shawn_RedsFan
05-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Yep no BP or Votto tonight

New lineup: Taveras cf, Hairston 2b, Bruce rf, Hernandez 1b, Nix lf, Rosales 3b, Hanigan c, Janish ss, Owings p

Reds09
05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I like this lineup (of course it would be better with BP and Votto in the lineup) but I like the Nix in left. Hopefully he comes out and shows that he can be an everyday player. He is swinging a hot bat and as long as he can be strong in the outfield I do not see why Nix is not in the lineup everyday.

bgwilly31
05-07-2009, 06:40 PM
You like this line-up^

lol

hernandez batting 4th. :thumbdown

I guess were throwing in the towel before the game even starts.

Hopefully were blind squirrels tonight.

Reds09
05-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't mind throwing Hernandez into the 4 spot to split up the lefties. I don't know who else in tonight's line-up would be a better fit there. (Maybe Owings lol). Hopefully BP and Votto are healthy for tomorrow. Big series. Go Reds.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-07-2009, 07:39 PM
I don't mind throwing Hernandez into the 4 spot to split up the lefties. I don't know who else in tonight's line-up would be a better fit there. (Maybe Owings lol). Hopefully BP and Votto are healthy for tomorrow. Big series. Go Reds.

I cosign on that

Reds09
05-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Hernandez 2 for 2 in the 4 spot so far. That's what I like to see.

Roush's socks
05-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Nix was a better talent coming up than Dickerson or Mcdonald. I think the Reds should give him a chance to play the majority of LF minutes unless he stops hitting.

Zimmers
05-07-2009, 10:36 PM
When the Red signed Nix I was wrapped. I hadn't heard of the guy in years but knew he was a good prospect at one time. I then came on here and heard all the complaining and realized just how bad he had been since the shoulder injury. So I was a bit more tempered with my enthusiasm and just wanted to see what he could do.

Well we are a month and a bit into the season and I don't think there is any way to keep this guy off the field at this point. He is hitting well and playing D very well and is built like a brick house. Let's ride this guy and give us our power hitting LF! :thumbup:

Reds09
05-08-2009, 06:12 AM
You like this line-up^

lol

So much for throwing in the towel. REDS WIN. Hernandez and Nix played well.

berryluther
05-08-2009, 07:26 AM
I think Nix should be our starting LGF right now. There is a reason Dickerson was in the minors so long. He SUCKS

cbowen2112
05-08-2009, 08:41 AM
On the Reds.com homepage it says;

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090507&content_id=4617842&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Let's see what he can do!

ChatterRed
05-08-2009, 10:31 AM
You like this line-up^

lol

How was your crow? :p:

Eric_the_Red
05-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Last night was more evidence as to the absurdity of lineup rant posts.

WILD THING
05-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm excited to see Nix get regular at bats. When Dusty says that Nix is taking over in LF, do you think that means every game or just when facing a RHP? Because Gonzo's status could keep Hairston from playing LF, and I think it'd be smart to keep McDonald out of any starting lineup unless you are giving everyone a day off.

Brutus
05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm excited to see Nix get regular at bats. When Dusty says that Nix is taking over in LF, do you think that means every game or just when facing a RHP? Because Gonzo's status could keep Hairston from playing LF, and I think it'd be smart to keep McDonald out of any starting lineup unless you are giving everyone a day off.

Probably right handers. Though I have not looked his splits up myself, I understand Nix struggles against lefties. I imagine you'll still see Hairston in left against a lefty.

RedLakerFan24
05-08-2009, 12:25 PM
i want to see Drew Stubbs in left field, he will provide good defense, with Stubbs and Taveras in the outfield it will be hard for the opponent to ge doubles, and anything stubbs does Offensively will be an extra