PDA

View Full Version : 2009 All-Stars

Jpup
05-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Who have you voted for or who are you going to vote for?

Here is my ballot:

American League

First Base:
Youkilis, K., BOS
Second Base:
Kinsler, I., TEX
Third Base:
Longoria, E., TB
Shortstop:
Bartlett, J., TB
Catcher:
Martinez, V., CLE
Outfielder:
Bay, J., BOS
Outfielder:
Markakis, N., BAL
Outfielder:
Write-in:
Nick Swisher

National League

First Base:
Votto, J., CIN
Second Base:
Utley, C., PHI
Third Base:
Zimmerman, R., WAS
Shortstop:
Ramirez, H., FLA
Catcher:
Flores, J., WAS
Outfielder:
Beltran, C., NYM
Outfielder:
Bruce, J., CIN
Outfielder:
Dunn, A., WAS

I know it was a little bit of a stretch to pick Bruce, but I had to go a little homer with my voting. There are probably 4 or 5 guys ahead of him right now (including Austin Kearns), but I think his defense helps, so I am going to say that he's about 3rd for right fielders. I know they don't really go by that, but I do.

As far as Red's players, I could see making the team:

Votto, Cueto, and Cordero

_Sir_Charles_
05-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I know it was a little bit of a stretch to pick Bruce, but I had to go a little homer with my voting.

I do the same thing, but you thought it was a stretch to put Bruce on there? I'd say it was a stretch to put Joey on there over Poo-Holes. I love Votto, but I just can't put anybody over him right now. Homer or not.

I'll probably submit at least one ballot that's all Indians & all Reds. It's kind of a tradition. *grin*

dougdirt
05-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I do the same thing, but you thought it was a stretch to put Bruce on there? I'd say it was a stretch to put Joey on there over Poo-Holes. I love Votto, but I just can't put anybody over him right now. Homer or not.

I'll probably submit at least one ballot that's all Indians & all Reds. It's kind of a tradition. *grin*

I took in a game in St Louis on Wednesday night... and I voted for Votto and put the ballot in one of their stations. I felt dirty and wrong doing it, but I just had to. :thumbup: BTW, Pujols went 4-4 with a HR that night.

_Sir_Charles_
05-09-2009, 07:22 PM
BTW, Pujols went 4-4 with a HR that night.

I'd say wow, what a great game he had...but doesn't he do that every night?

Well, unless Cueto's on the mound of course. :O)

Jpup
05-09-2009, 11:55 PM
I'd say wow, what a great game he had...but doesn't he do that every night?

Well, unless Cueto's on the mound of course. :O)

or Harang. :cool:

_Sir_Charles_
05-10-2009, 12:00 AM
or Harang. :cool:

Hey, I won't complain about being wrong on THAT one. :O)

Benihana
05-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Votto, Bruce, Harang and Cueto should all be All-Stars if they can maintain their current pace. That would really be something if the Reds could have 4 All-Stars. When is the last time that happened?

Mario-Rijo
05-11-2009, 03:41 AM
I have yet to vote, I like to wait awhile and see how they are doing towards the mid-end of June. By then even if they slump whoever I vote for will be deserving come AS week. And I tend to throw a couple homer ballots in there but mostly vote as I really see it.

But just off the top of my head here is who I would vote on today if I were to pull the trigger early.

AL:

C - V. Martinez
1B - M. Cabrera
2B - A. Hill
SS - J. Bartlett
3B - E. Longoria
OF - J. Bay
OF - C. Crawford
OF - N. Markakis (edit**was A. Lind)

NL:

C - Y. Molina
1B - A. Pujols
2B - C. Utley
SS - H. Ramirez
3B - R. Zimmerman
OF - R. Braun
OF - C. Beltran
OF - J. Bruce (edit**was A. Dunn)

AL Starting Pitcher - Z. Greinke
NL Starting Pitcher - J. Santana

Cueto & Votto should also be there at minimum representing us IMO. Edited Lind and Dunn out for Markakis and Bruce, I figure Dunn is probably more deserving than Bruce but hey 2 Nats, nah sorry. I also liked Lind but I overlooked Markakis and would rather have 1 Oriole in there than 2 Blue Jays, plus Markakis has had a better season.

Razor Shines
05-11-2009, 04:17 AM
Votto, Bruce, Harang and Cueto should all be All-Stars if they can maintain their current pace. That would really be something if the Reds could have 4 All-Stars. When is the last time that happened?

I don't know, Jay isn't in the top ten of NL outfielder in OPS or RC/27. There are a lot of outfielders have strong seasons, to this point.

thatcoolguy_22
05-11-2009, 06:43 AM
You guys think you went a bit homer with Joey and Jay... I picked our entire starting lineups 20 + times. I even got laynce Nix and Paul Janish in a couple of times. I'm looking for a repeat of 1957 :)

redsfan30
05-11-2009, 10:55 AM
There's nothing homer about voting for Joey Votto, his numbers warrant an All Star selection. He won't win over Pujols, but he should be a reserve selection.

Bruce on the other hand, is a bit of a homer stretch.

HeatherC1212
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Votto and Cueto aren't stretches by any sense with their current seasons (I think they should both make the team as of right now) and if Markakis doesn't make the team this year then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong. :eek:

smith288
05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Im writing in the Louisville Bats.

_Sir_Charles_
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
If he keeps on this turnaround, we may be tossing Ramon Hernandez into this mix sooner or later. For someone who was stuggling around the mendoza line for quite a while, he's made on heck of a turnaround. How many here have noticed that he's hitting over .300 now?

HotCorner
05-11-2009, 12:57 PM

Don't forget Coco. ;)

nate
05-11-2009, 01:06 PM
If he keeps on this turnaround, we may be tossing Ramon Hernandez into this mix sooner or later. For someone who was stuggling around the mendoza line for quite a while, he's made on heck of a turnaround. How many here have noticed that he's hitting over .300 now?

Interesting, I hadn't noticed. It's still early but that's been an awesome net gain over the previous couple of years.

Chip R
05-11-2009, 01:15 PM

I noticed that yesterday. I had to do a double take.