PDA

View Full Version : Joey Votto autograph signing...

mroby85
05-11-2009, 04:07 PM
MAY 21

JOEY VOTTO, 1B for the Cincinnati Reds, will be signing at Cardboard Heroes at the Florence Mall in Florence KY from 6:00-8:00 PM. 8x10 photos, balls, baseball cards, & other small items will be $30 per item. Premiums(bats, jerseys, jersey #s, equipment, large artwork, or full size helmets) are $75 each. **we have sold out of our jersey allocation, but other premiums are still available. Inscriptions will be $10 per inscription and personalization is free! Photos, balls, mini helmets and bats will be available for purchase. If you are unable to attend the signing, you can mail items to:

CARDBOARD HEROES 2028 FLORENCE MALL FLORENCE KY 41042

Item(s) need to be at the above location by MAY 19. You will need to pay for the items in advance and also for the shipping back to you. Shipping will be $7.90. Please call 859 371 3946 for more information.

Just saw this on cardboard heroes website, and figured i'd pass it along in case anyone was interested.

I'm just finishing up my ohio state, bengals, reds room, i'll try to post pics of it if i can figure it out after i'm done :D

Ghosts of 1990
05-11-2009, 04:10 PM
NICE FIND. Thank you!

bounty37h
05-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Sweet, you going Moby?

Eric_the_Red
05-12-2009, 09:41 AM
$30-75 for a player with less than 2 1/2 years in the majors? Robbery.

mroby85
05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Sweet, you going Moby?

I'm not gonna make it because it's about 4 hours away, but i'm thinking about sending an 8x10 to the address with $ and they'll send it back. I did this with the my ohio state helmet when Beanie was there.

I wouldn't really call it robbery, now is the time to get a guy like Votto for that price. Carson Palmer was up to about $250 last time he did a private signing, and you didn't even get to meet him that way. I don't think it's a bad price at all.

bounty37h
05-12-2009, 10:57 AM
$30-75 for a player with less than 2 1/2 years in the majors? Robbery.

Tyler Hansborough is $75 at a show I am going to this weekend, and he hasnt even been drafted yet. Of course i think thats crazy, but if peeps do it, it must not be that crazy. Does make me miss the days of cheaper autos/shows though.....

bounty37h
05-12-2009, 11:00 AM
MAY 21

JOEY VOTTO, 1B for the Cincinnati Reds, will be signing at Cardboard Heroes at the Florence Mall in Florence KY from 6:00-8:00 PM. 8x10 photos, balls, baseball cards, & other small items will be $30 per item. Premiums(bats, jerseys, jersey #s, equipment, large artwork, or full size helmets) are $75 each. **we have sold out of our jersey allocation, but other premiums are still available. Inscriptions will be $10 per inscription and personalization is free! Photos, balls, mini helmets and bats will be available for purchase. If you are unable to attend the signing, you can mail items to:

Item(s) need to be at the above location by MAY 19. You will need to pay for the items in advance and also for the shipping back to you. Shipping will be $7.90. Please call 859 371 3946 for more information.

Just saw this on cardboard heroes website, and figured i'd pass it along in case anyone was interested.

I'm just finishing up my ohio state, bengals, reds room, i'll try to post pics of it if i can figure it out after i'm done :D

MRoby, I just got word this weekend that my offer on a house was accepted, so I can finally move soon and unpack all my collection and get my Reds/Heels room going soon! Only problem is I really need my own building at this point, as my collection has really gotten out of control the last couple years :)..What ya wanna trade me for my AJ Hawk auto'ed rookie card :)?

Brandon4MVP
05-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Redsfest is the place to get all the autographs real cheap

mroby85
05-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Redsfest is the place to get all the autographs real cheap

I never have the luck of getting through the lines of the good players, such as votto/bruce/volquez or cueto. The only time i've seen them is when I pay to get a photo with them.

Brandon4MVP
05-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I never have the luck of getting through the lines of the good players, such as votto/bruce/volquez or cueto. The only time i've seen them is when I pay to get a photo with them.

They make it too hard to get those guys. I hate the way they do it. I wish they would release the full schedule before however they say that will cause people lining up hours before the studs are signing. However, I did get some luck on my side this year and ended up getting all four of them.

Fon Duc Tow
05-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Tyler Hansborough is $75 at a show I am going to this weekend, and he hasnt even been drafted yet. Of course i think thats crazy, but if peeps do it, it must not be that crazy. Does make me miss the days of cheaper autos/shows though.....

:eek:

Scary mindset.

Eric_the_Red
05-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I remember Redsfest '98, right after a huge snowstorm. The place was EMPTY. I got virtually all of the Reds autographs, and had some lengthy interactions with the players. I got a ball signed by Marty & Joe together too. It was great.

mroby85
05-15-2009, 07:09 PM
MAY 21

JOEY VOTTO, 1B for the Cincinnati Reds, will be signing at Cardboard Heroes at the Florence Mall in Florence KY from **NEW TIME** 6:00-7:00 PM ONLY!! 8x10 photos, balls, baseball cards, & other small items will be $30 per item. Premiums(bats, jerseys, jersey #s, equipment, large artwork, or full size helmets) are $75 each. **we have sold out of our jersey allocation, but other premiums are still available. Inscriptions will be $10 per inscription and personalization is free! Photos, balls, mini helmets and bats will be available for purchase. If you are unable to attend the signing, you can mail items to:

***No posed photos will be allowed.

***Votto will not be signing jerseys.

They just posted some new info on this signing, so I figured i'd post it here in case any of you guys are planning on going.

Brandon4MVP
05-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Wonder why he wont be signing jerseys?

davereds24
05-16-2009, 01:46 PM
that's how they make a lot of their money, by forcing people to buy jerseys sold by them.

bounty37h
05-18-2009, 10:37 AM
^seems the new trend, always a change-players started charging for inscriptions a few years ago, used to do free. Tyler Hansborough did a siging this weekend, wouldnt sign jerseys eiether, had to buy presigned ones from the promoter if you wanted one-glad I got one free last season :).