PDA

View Full Version : Clemens.....phew!

VR
05-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Turns out, all these accusations aren't true. :beerme:

From today's interview...

Roger Clemens ended his long media silence Tuesday on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike in the Morning," sticking to his story that he has never used performance-enhancing drugs and calling excerpts of a recently released book about him "completely false."

Clemens, in a phone interview with hosts Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic, appeared on the same day that "American Icon: The Fall of Roger Clemens and the Rise of Steroids in America's Pastime," a book by four New York Daily News reporters, was released.

"I've seen excerpts of the book. They're completely false," Clemens said.

He also went on to say...
"It's piling on, it's hurtful at times," Clemens said of the allegations that have been made against him. "I'm trying to move on."

I hope all you insensitive accusers feel good now. :(

and if you don't believe Roger....the PR company he hired said "we looked him in the eye when he said he was innocent, which is the REAL test." (yes, they actually said that)

Just all good news, what a relief.

smith288
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
"It's piling on, it's hurtful at times," Clemens said of the allegations that have been made against him. "I'm trying to move on."

... By coming on Mike & Mike and talking about it more.

Homer Bailey
05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
That interview was painful. You could tell Greeny and Golic were trying their very hardest to give him a fair interview, but just not believing a word he was saying. Hats off to Mike and Mike for the way they handled themselves, and not bashing Clemens directly, and at least waiting until after they had hung up to state their opinions.

cumberlandreds
05-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Well,I'm glad that's all cleared up. :rolleyes:

johngalt
05-12-2009, 01:40 PM
I thought it was pretty humorous when he cited his step-father's heart problems along with his brother's as reasons it would be stupid for him to use anything like steroids.

Col_ IN Reds fan
05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
He may as well deny now. Anything other than denial probably means prison time for him.

flyer85
05-12-2009, 02:04 PM
He may as well deny now. Anything other than denial probably means prison time for him.Pete Rose must be his idol. It's hard to stop telling a lie once you have trumpeted it.

Unassisted
05-12-2009, 02:25 PM
It would be interesting to see how far that tactic would get him on the Jim Rome Show. Mike and Mike is the Larry King of sports interview shows.

Chip R
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
It would be interesting how far that tactic would get him on the Jim Rome Show. Mike and Mike is the Larry King of sports interview shows.

Rome would kiss his butt because he went on his show. He's not exactly Mike Wallace who also had his interview with Clemens.

RichRed
05-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Rome would kiss his butt because he went on his show. He's not exactly Mike Wallace who also had his interview with Clemens.

"Fantastic take."

(Can't stand Rome.)

MrCinatit
05-12-2009, 03:01 PM
I thought it was pretty humorous when he cited his step-father's heart problems along with his brother's as reasons it would be stupid for him to use anything like steroids.

Few know that heart disease is a spousal heredity. You can look it up.
It's on the bookshelf, next to "The Innocence of Barry Bonds" and "I didn't blow that call!: The Ken Burkhart Story".

LvJ
05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Love Mike & Mike.

Joseph
05-12-2009, 04:03 PM
"Fantastic take."

(Can't stand Rome.)

Epic.

Blitz Dorsey
05-12-2009, 04:37 PM

Chip is exactly right. Rome is the king of bashing everyone behind their back, but whenever he's face to face with someone, he completely kisses their butt. I guess he learned from the Jim Everett (Chris Evert) situation.

remdog
05-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Chip is exactly right. Rome is the king of bashing everyone behind their back, but whenever he's face to face with someone, he completely kisses their butt. I guess he learned from the Jim Everett (Chris Evert) situation.

:lol: That was probably the highlight of Rome's career! :lol:

Is he still on the radio? Someone actually listens to his show! :lol:

Rem

Handofdeath
05-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Epic.

Rack him.

RFS62
05-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with Roger Clemens

Raisor
05-13-2009, 12:52 PM

Why would you hit a dog anyway?

RF=Mike Vick.

RANDY IN INDY
05-13-2009, 01:06 PM
He meant to say, "Cat." ;)

cumberlandreds
05-13-2009, 01:27 PM

How about a goat? ;)

RANDY IN INDY
05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
....or a Cubs fan.

SunDeck
05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
I for one, am just relieved to hear that Roger Clemens has never used steroids.

Chip R
11-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Clemens has dismissed his defamation lawsuit against McNamee.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4646899

savafan
11-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Clemens has dismissed his defamation lawsuit against McNamee.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4646899

In other words, there's probably some truth to McNamee's claims.

Joseph
11-12-2009, 12:26 PM
In other words, there's probably some truth to McNamee's claims.

No no, not at all. Roger is not here to talk about the past. He is ready to move on from this chapter and just focus on his family and his retirement.

Or something.