PDA

View Full Version : Tonight is the night...

mroby85
05-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Cardinals are losing 5-1, we're coming for 1st place :D

Ghosts of 1990
05-13-2009, 09:12 PM
YEAH! I feel it too. It's been too long.

Zimmers
05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Extremely happy with the season so far. The reds are playing very cosistent with little press. We are winning the series, the best road record. Impressive!

Dude Rock
05-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah, it amazes me how ignored this team is by the national media.

OSUredsFAN
05-13-2009, 09:34 PM

it would be nice, but I'm happy with that.

TheBigLebowski
05-13-2009, 09:35 PM
We comin' for ya, Cards!!

BigJohn
05-13-2009, 10:41 PM
and my friggin cable just went out!
:eek:

BigJohn
05-13-2009, 10:47 PM
OK, just got it back up!

xavr1
05-13-2009, 10:57 PM

Doesnt surprise me a bit. National media sucks. They doubted the Rays until about August last year.

FlyerFanatic
05-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Doesnt surprise me a bit. National media sucks. They doubted the Rays until about August last year.

agreed. heres how they sneak in their talk of surprise dark horse teams

Karly Ravech: Peter, are these guys for real, can they be serious contenders in their league?

Peter Gammons: Well, I think they can. If the pitching holds up they can make a run

thats about all you get with teams on the rise/surprise side of their organization. then its directly back to yankee/bosox talk. no real talk about players, maybe a mention of someone who is hitting hot. its pretty ridiculous...ESPN does this with all the major sports though. I understand why you would focus on bigger markets, it equals more viewers. but they definitely could spend some more time on most of the other teams.

corwinator3407
05-13-2009, 11:57 PM

:thumbup:

I can live with unnoticed wins until playoff time.

ian_madden
05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
The espn guys don't want to go out on a limp with wild predictions or analysis of smaller market teams because if they are wrong then they are looked down upon by their peers. If they take the safe bet, the Yankees, the BoSox, the Cubs, then they cater to the big markets, and keep the brass at ESPN off their back and probably have a job for another season.

That is strictly speculation, I have no proof, just my opinion. Although I do wish that Insight communications carried the MLB network so I could watch that instead of baseball tonight. Then I would get more details on smaller market teams.

cbowen2112
05-14-2009, 12:46 AM
We are now atop the Central!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooohoooooooooo! It as been a long while.

mroby85
05-14-2009, 01:15 AM
since april 3rd of last year, it lasted for 1 day, and we're guaranteed for this to last longer with a day off tomorrow :D

Ghosts of 1990
05-14-2009, 01:25 AM
since april 3rd of last year, it lasted for 1 day, and we're guaranteed for this to last longer with a day off tomorrow :D

Technically, only if Milwaukee and St Louis lose ;)

mroby85
05-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Technically, only if Milwaukee and St Louis lose ;)

Thanks for stealing my mojo :thumbdown lol jk

Parliament
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM
No mention of last nights game at all on sportscenter. I'm shocked

xavr1
05-14-2009, 11:12 AM
And nothing about the sweep on ESPN's MLB page either. That network is a joke as far as IM concerned. I am completely hooked on MLBTV

schmidty622
05-14-2009, 11:15 AM

Don't you know!! Manny and Farve had a baby who is going to play Baseball for the Yankees and Football for the Cowboys!!! It's HUGE NEWS!

I guess that's why Manny was taking those womens fertility drugs.

Eric_the_Red
05-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Okay, I agreee that ESPN does focus on certain subjects too much, but I'm willing to give them a break re: last night's game. Sportscenter is a 60 minute show plus commercials to cover the entire world of sports. The NBA and NHL playoffs are both going on, so obviously each of those games will be featured. I don't think a not very close game between a tied for first but historically bad Reds team and a floundering D'backs team is really all that interesting for 90% of the viewing audience.

Jones1
05-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Its insane, just watched ESPN for an hour and not one highlight or mention of the Reds Dbacks game. They played highlights of every single game in MLB yesterday except that one. WTF is wrong with ESPN? Do the Reds have to be 15 or 20 games above 500 before they start to talk about it!

bgwilly31
05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
They do the same type of thing with the bengals. Its cincinnati sports in general.

I barely watch SC anymore. Especially during NBA season.

I cant stand the NBA.

bounty37h
05-14-2009, 02:16 PM

You dindt watch whole thing then, I saw it, not much to it, but I saw it....

texasdave
05-14-2009, 03:04 PM
I would think that a young team that has been down for about a decade and is now tied for the division lead with the 4th best record in baseball would make a nice story line. Especially when that team plays in a division that only a couple years ago was one of the worst-ever divisions and now has the best division record in baseball. But, hey, that's just me.

Oh yeah, and they can't use the "it was a west coast game" as an excuse. Not the next morning anyway.

FlyerFanatic
05-15-2009, 03:44 PM
we did get some love on mike and mike this morning. they had gammons on, greenberg said the reds seem to be a team that no one is talking about and has had an incredible start, whats going on in cincy? gammons mentioned the typical stuff, starting pitching has been good, replacing big sluggers with guys who play better defense, and the prospects we have are growing as players.

bounty37h
05-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Saw that too ^, was excited they mentioned Reds, and thought they were going to go in depth more, but quickly moved onto all NL central and dropped the reds part pretty quick overall, btu great to see anyhting and them recognize whats going on at least.