PDA

View Full Version : I'm sitting in the Diamond seats baby!!

Tommyjohn25
05-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Oh my! So the other night I was sitting on my couch watching the Reds dismantle the D-Backs and I got a text from my friend. It read "If I got a couple tickets to a game during the next homestand would you be interested in going with me?" Of course I responded "yes" and that was that. Today, he texts me and says he got the tickets. Section 3, row F, seats 1 and 2! I looked at the seating chart online and saw where they were and sure enough, out of the kindness of his heart, he bought us tickets in my dream seats! 5 rows back and RIGHT behind home plate! Full amenities, all you can eat food, drink, and a pre-game buffet! You have GOT to be kidding me! I am seriously considering cryogenically (sp?) freezing myself until then! May 24th against the Indians, look for me on TV, cause I'll be visible all day long! Ha Haaaaaa!!!!

To my friend Brett. I know you read the board from time to time. If you happen to wander into this thread, I want to extend a MILLION thanks for your generosity! :beerme:

LvJ
05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
You should probably marry him. Cause, yeah. I would.

In all seriousness: Awesome!

Tommyjohn25
05-14-2009, 09:03 PM
You should probably marry him. Cause, yeah. I would.

In all seriousness: Awesome!

:lol: I couldn't believe it when he told me! Probably one of the biggest and most pleasant surprises of my entire life!

Mario-Rijo
05-14-2009, 09:21 PM
:lol: I couldn't believe it when he told me! Probably one of the biggest and most pleasant surprises of my entire life!

Very cool friend and great gesture, somebody's livin' right. Have a great time and make us up a nice RZ sign to see or something! Nothing wrong with a little free advertising. :beerme:

nate
05-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Nice, TJ!

Red in Chicago
05-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Very nice. I sat there once with my father and loved it. The pre-game buffet was gross, but you can't beat the view of the game. It's awesome being so close to the players.

Enjoy!!

kbrake
05-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Congrats man I had a similar situation last year for the Indians series. Its an unbelievable experience.

Always Red
05-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Enjoy the experience- and watch for the curveballs- they are simply deadly from that viewpoint, and once you have seen the offspeed stuff from there, you will immediately understand (again) how difficult it is to hit in the major leagues. :thumbup:

*BaseClogger*
05-15-2009, 03:48 AM
That's my birthday! Have a great time, TJ! :beerme:

Playadlc
05-15-2009, 04:13 AM
That's really cool, man. Have fun.

icehole3
05-15-2009, 05:36 AM
you really should consider french kissing this gent, :)

jojo
05-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh my! So the other night I was sitting on my couch watching the Reds dismantle the D-Backs and I got a text from my friend. It read "If I got a couple tickets to a game during the next homestand would you be interested in going with me?" Of course I responded "yes" and that was that. Today, he texts me and says he got the tickets. Section 3, row F, seats 1 and 2! I looked at the seating chart online and saw where they were and sure enough, out of the kindness of his heart, he bought us tickets in my dream seats! 5 rows back and RIGHT behind home plate! Full amenities, all you can eat food, drink, and a pre-game buffet! You have GOT to be kidding me! I am seriously considering cryogenically (sp?) freezing myself until then! May 24th against the Indians, look for me on TV, cause I'll be visible all day long! Ha Haaaaaa!!!!

To my friend Brett. I know you read the board from time to time. If you happen to wander into this thread, I want to extend a MILLION thanks for your generosity! :beerme:

Just curious, do they catch foul balls for ya too in that section? :cool:

jojo
05-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Mel Brooks chimes in....

http://media.nowpublic.net/images//75/c/75ce4dfe5ae994229070bf53f6a3b44a.jpg

top6
05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
I randomly got Diamond Club tickets at work last year. They are indeed awesome. I would not call the buffet gross, just sort of weird food for a baseball game. Everything else is great. One of my more memorable experiences at a ball game. Have fun.

Vada Pinson Fan
05-15-2009, 10:54 AM
What a great friend you have TJ!!! Enjoy the experience and I'll be watching on TV for ya. The guy with the biggest smile, I'll bet, will be you!!! :)

Have Fun and Bring Home a Victory For Us!!!

Tommyjohn25
05-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks you guys! I will indeed be the guy with the biggest smile in the park!

And maybe a redszone banner.....:D

Oh and Jojo, they better catch me a foul ball while I'm there. I will demand it. As a Diamond seat ticket holder. I will also order them give me a haircut and "leave it a little longer". :)