PDA

View Full Version : The Reds' 4/10 rainout vs the Pirates at GABP has been rescheduled

robmadden1
05-16-2009, 04:22 PM
The Reds' 4/10 rainout vs the Pirates at GABP has been rescheduled as a part of a day/night doubleheader on Monday, 8/31 (1:10, 7:10).

Got this info from the offical Reds twitter page.

Slyder
05-17-2009, 02:01 AM
why didnt they do a double header the following day or Sunday? I didnt understand that but theres probably a reason for it that I just dont hear being outside of Cincy.

Ghosts of 1990
05-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Smooth move on their part? Do it on a monday when everyone has to work and when its not in the summer so kids will be back in school. And they complain about attendance? Odd.

OSUredsFAN
05-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Why is it a day-night DH?? Its not like the joint sold out every game. I would bet if it was a regular DH, the attendence would equal or greater then what the two game attendence will be.

DTCromer
05-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Good timing I suppose. Already on a homestand and have a day off on that Thursday.

why didnt they do a double header the following day or Sunday? I didnt understand that but theres probably a reason for it that I just dont hear being outside of Cincy.

Dusty said he didn't want to wear out a pitcher that early in the season, which I agree with. Plus, that's just 1 less game for us to play earlier in the year and hopefully the Pirates will be out of it by then. ;)