PDA

View Full Version : Ramirez??

xavr1
05-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Just read on ciny.com that Reds are expected to put Masset on the DL and bring up...Ramon Ramirez, who is 0-3 with a 5.08 ERA in 7 starts for Louisville. Does this make sense to anyone??

mroby85
05-18-2009, 11:11 PM
not me

GOYA
05-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Me.

Ramirez's stats since Power found a mechanical flaw in his delivery:

15 IP
8 H
3 ER
3 BB
10 K

Plus the fact that Ramirez saw success at the end of last season with the Reds

lidspinner
05-19-2009, 08:10 AM
there still is something behind the scenes here that we are not hearing. You dont bring a guy up because you found a flaw in his delievery. I agree that helps, and i am glad he found it. But other guys are just as if not more so deserving of this call-up. I know there are TONS of things that go into who gets called up, more than I could ever imagine. Maybe they are trying to trade a few guys and dont want them to come up and do bad......or the opposite, what if they do really well? I just think soemthing sure is fishy here. I thought Dusty even said it was going to be a lefty? Maybe they are going to use him for a spot start for Micah, who knows?

edit: forgot to add, why would you not call up a lefty when your about to play Philly?

bounty37h
05-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Might have thought whoever comes up isnt going to pitch much overall, didnt want to waste others who might deserve the call more and take away thier innings and progress not pitching a reg rotation. Could also be a trade showcase, but dont we always think that when we dont know :)

1 Tool Player
05-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Ramirez has had Major League success, albeit in a short stint last season. Bailey hasn't, Maloney hasn't, Viola hasn't. Probably also has to do with 40 man roster spot and that Bailey and Maloney pitched more recently. Makes sense to me.

captainmorgan07
05-19-2009, 10:56 AM
They need a guy who can pitch multiple innings in the pen. That discounts half the guys that you think are worthy of a call up. Don't read to much into this Ramirez isn't gonna be around that long.