PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Your 2009 Bengals Surprise Cut?

chicoruiz
05-19-2009, 05:05 PM
There generally is one, although it would be hard to top last year's jettisoning of Rudi and Big Willie. I don't see anyone who leaps out as an obvious candidate, though, except maybe:

-I don't know how much of a "surprise" it would be, but I think with all the other safeties on the roster Marvin White picked a bad time to tweak his knee.

-This is kind of off the wall, but there is another long snapper in camp, and cutting Brad St. Louis to save a few bucks sounds like just the kind of bonehead move the Bengals have pulled in the past.

Any other obvious candidates?

Newport Red
05-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Levi Jones

camisadelgolf
05-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Levi Jones
That already happened.

camisadelgolf
05-19-2009, 06:30 PM
If the Bengals already gave up on Ben Utecht, Frostee Rucker, and/or Marvin White, it wouldn't shock me. Kenny Watson's days are numbered. The Bengals drafted both a FB and a TE, so I think Dan Coats is gone. Jordan Palmer would be a surprise but only because he's Carson's brother. I think Quan Cosby will replace the oft-injured Antonio Chapman as punt returner. It seems like the Bengals have been looking for a new long snapper quite a while, and when you combine that with a new holder and Graham on a one-year contract, I could see them trying to completely rebuild that part of the special teams unit.

SunDeck
05-19-2009, 08:35 PM
One can only guess at what the Browns will end up doing, but my guess is it will have more to do with salary than talent, age or health.

bucksfan2
05-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Dhani Jones. I like Dhani both on the field and off the field. He brings a level of professionalism to the Bengals. But I can just see Mike Brown come up to Dhani and your football days are almost over, go pursue your other life dreams.

BuckeyeRedleg
05-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Dhani Jones. I like Dhani both on the field and off the field. He brings a level of professionalism to the Bengals. But I can just see Mike Brown come up to Dhani and your football days are almost over, go pursue your other life dreams.

I was going to say the same thing.

Mario-Rijo
05-20-2009, 05:02 PM
If the Bengals already gave up on Ben Utecht, Frostee Rucker, and/or Marvin White, it wouldn't shock me. Kenny Watson's days are numbered. The Bengals drafted both a FB and a TE, so I think Dan Coats is gone. Jordan Palmer would be a surprise but only because he's Carson's brother. I think Quan Cosby will replace the oft-injured Antonio Chapman as punt returner. It seems like the Bengals have been looking for a new long snapper quite a while, and when you combine that with a new holder and Graham on a one-year contract, I could see them trying to completely rebuild that part of the special teams unit.

Good choices, I myself was gonna suggest Utecht. He is on slippery ground IMO and 1 more injury before the season could spell doom for him. Rucker and White would also constitute mild surprises. Here's one that might be a little more surprising Brian Leonard. Just due to the fact they just dealt for him, but I can see a scenario where there is a guy out there ava. who they like and Leonard is having some issues with his shoulders.

cincrazy
05-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Carson Palmer;)

Mario-Rijo
05-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Carson Palmer;)

How dare you CC, wash your mouth out with soap....or your typing hand anyway. :p:

Joseph
05-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Shayne Graham

CTA513
05-20-2009, 08:24 PM
My surprise cut would be TE Ben Utecht

cincrazy
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
How dare you CC, wash your mouth out with soap....or your typing hand anyway. :p:

You just watch. We're gonna release Palmer and sign Michael Vick to be our wildcat/option QB, and Scott Mitchell to be our standard pocket passer.

GIDP
05-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Jordan Palmer

Root Down
05-22-2009, 09:55 AM

That move would upset me the most. I'm not too shocked with any of the cuts they've already made.