PDA

View Full Version : deja-vu 2006 >>? ?

bgwilly31
05-20-2009, 11:08 AM
The reds never cease to amaze.

In 2006 the last time the reds were in 1st place this late in the season. They were in first place for 1 day. Just like this time. They went on to lose 8 out of the next 10 games and never saw first place again.

This time their 4 games on their way to that exact same stat.

Maybe even worse.

Unbelievable.

cbowen2112
05-20-2009, 11:11 AM
The reds never cease to amaze.

In 2006 the last time the reds were in 1st place this late in the season. They were in first place for 1 day. Just like this time. They went on to lose 8 out of the next 10 games and never saw first place again.

This time their 4 games on their way to that exact same stat.

Maybe even worse.

Unbelievable.

If I recall we were later into the season, and our bullpen was awful. Granted they cost us 2 games this past weekend (with some great help from the umps:thumbup:) but still not even close to the collosal failure that was 2006.

bgwilly31
05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Well were getting close. If Votto is out (God forbid) This team is in the gutter. Especially with dusty playing all the wrong people.

I dont see us beating the phillies. Get ready for a 6 game losing streak. :(

Lockdwn11
05-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Well were getting close. If Votto is out (God forbid) This team is in the gutter. Especially with dusty playing all the wrong people.

I dont see us beating the phillies. Get ready for a 6 game losing streak. :(

Ok if Votto is out who are the right people Dusty should play?

DTCromer
05-20-2009, 11:48 AM
2 words: BIG PICTURE

bgwilly31
05-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Ok if Votto is out who are the right people Dusty should play?

well thats not a hard one at all. The same people that were playing the cardinals and D-backs series.

bgwilly31
05-20-2009, 12:04 PM
2 words: BIG PICTURE

Did you see this part of the deja-vu.

8 out of the next 10 games and never saw first place again.

RedLakerFan24
05-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Votto, we cant hit, and our big hitter is out of the Line Up, Cueto didnt pitch bad and still got the lost, We need a hitter, we just need to stay around .500 ball and then pick up a hitter because Votto cant do it all

Shawn_RedsFan
05-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Redszone For Reds Fans by Reds Fans

Constructive criticism is one thing but when all you do is complain, complain, complain what kind of fan are you really?

Lockdwn11
05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
well thats not a hard one at all. The same people that were playing the cardinals and D-backs series.

and thats who has been playing save Gonzo

Hondo
05-20-2009, 01:38 PM
It is weird... Bandwagoneer Fans... No Offense anyone but this team is not that far away... They are not getting Blown out any of the last 4 Games and could have Won all 4 if not 3/4... Lets just hope they get Gonzalez out of the Line Up and Add a Big Bat this July.

CRedsLarkin11
05-20-2009, 01:40 PM

Constructive criticism is one thing but when all you do is complain, complain, complain what kind of fan are you really?

I'm not saying that I don't get tired of it sometimes too but it's hard to hear anything else but complaining when you haven't went to the playoffs in 14 years, it's going to take quite a bit to make a believer out of most Reds fans again

bgwilly31
05-20-2009, 02:19 PM

This thread is just pointing out certain stats from the last time the reds fooled us into believing only to SHOOT us down so quickly.

Here they go again.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-20-2009, 04:02 PM
This thread is just pointing out certain stats from the last time the reds fooled us into believing only to SHOOT us down so quickly.

Here they go again.

What about all the 100 useless threads talking about the PAST, we are all aware of what the past few years have brought this Reds team. So why keep talking about it and trying to bring a damper on the season? I mean damn were only in May.

Another thing I am not saying the Reds are going to win the world series this year, and i agree this 4 game losing streak is unacceptable but Im not ready to throw in the towel when we are 2 games over .500

bgwilly31
05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
What about all the 100 useless threads talking about the PAST, we are all aware of what the past few years have brought this Reds team. So why keep talking about it and trying to bring a damper on the season? I mean damn were only in May.

Another thing I am not saying the Reds are going to win the world series this year, and i agree this 4 game losing streak is unacceptable but Im not ready to throw in the towel when we are 2 games over .500

I didnt say throw in the towel.

Simply stating that history is close to repeating itself.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Well since you are blessed with the ability to predict the future, could i ask you for a little favor? Just go ahead and tell us who's winning the world series, i'd appreciate it. Or if you are only a Reds expert whats the Reds record going to be at the end of the season?

Dude Rock
05-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Votto, we cant hit, and our big hitter is out of the Line Up, Cueto didnt pitch bad and still got the lost, We need a hitter, we just need to stay around .500 ball and then pick up a hitter because Votto cant do it all

Cueto lost that game, IMHO. You don't give up a hit to the pitcher in that situation. He seemed to lose focus and it cost us the game. If he were Owings or Arroyo, you might expect that.......but Cueto is a better pitcher than that. He knew he was facing Hamels with no room for error. :thumbdown

bgwilly31
05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Well since you are blessed with the ability to predict the future, could i ask you for a little favor? Just go ahead and tell us who's winning the world series, i'd appreciate it. Or if you are only a Reds expert whats the Reds record going to be at the end of the season?

I cant see the future.

I can only make educated guesses.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Cueto lost that game, IMHO. You don't give up a hit to the pitcher in that situation. He seemed to lose focus and it cost us the game. If he were Owings or Arroyo, you might expect that.......but Cueto is a better pitcher than that. He knew he was facing Hamels with no room for error. :thumbdown

0-7 with RISP that night...

Dude Rock
05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
0-7 with RISP that night...

I still think Cueto lost his focus and could have pitched better.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
I still think Cueto lost his focus and could have pitched better.

Yes i agree he could have pitched better but when you have 7 chances with a RISP and end up losing by 1 run...i mean come on now you cannot blame the loss on the pitcher.

bgwilly31
05-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes i agree he could have pitched better but when you have 7 chances with a RISP and end up losing by 1 run...i mean come on now you cannot blame the loss on the pitcher.

Exactly.