PDA

View Full Version : HOMER is called up Throwing on Saturday.

bgwilly31
05-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I just heard on wlw.

Im not sure if they said it was officialy or not but Thats the word.

They are also talking if Bailey throws a gem on saturday you cant send him back down. And he would like to see owings become an platoon LFer.

I think owings is a good hitter for a pitcher. But he shouldnt be playing everyday. imo.

mroby85
05-21-2009, 07:33 PM
sweet :) i'm going to the game friday and saturday, hope he hurls a gem!

Atlas Jobinson
05-21-2009, 07:36 PM
I really hope Homer shows what he can do this time around in the bigs. If he can stay in the rotation, perhaps Owings can be a relief pitcher/pinch hitter, which is a role I think he'd be effective in.

texasdave
05-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Meaningless fact: His first pro start was against Cleveland.

GOYA
05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Saturday against the tribe.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090521&content_id=4863406&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

TC81190
05-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Meaningless fact: His first pro start was against Cleveland.
That was a great game. Really the only time I've seen GABP come alive.

corwinator3407
05-21-2009, 07:51 PM
If (or when, if you're optimistic like me) he pitches well Saturday, I don't think you can send him back either. Owings to pen, Burton or Lincoln sent to AAA to get their stuff straightened out.

TC81190
05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
If (or when, if you're optimistic like me) he pitches well Saturday, I don't think you can send him back either. Owings to pen, Burton or Lincoln sent to AAA to get their stuff straightened out.
If Bailey pitches well and Owings goes to the bullpen, I think you DL both Burton and Lincoln. I think both are injured. Call up Roenicke then, let him do his thing. He's ready, IMO, and I think he could be a reasonable surrogate for what Burton offers.

Kingspoint
05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
If Owings had pitched well today, I think it might have been Maloney, instead.

But, in reality, I think they think that Homer just needs to get more Major League innings, and that it's not about 2009, but about 2010 for this team.

Miracles can happen, though.

improbus
05-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Just a question. Why aren't they bringing up Maloney? He has been better than Homer and brings a lefty arm to the rotation.

Ghosts of 1990
05-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Just a question. Why aren't they bringing up Maloney? He has been better than Homer and brings a lefty arm to the rotation.

They don't think Maloney has what it takes to get out big league hitters. They don't think he projects into a guy who will have success in the major leagues.

Ghosts of 1990
05-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Homer brings hope I think. Because as I said since spring, Owings is going to good start-bad start us all year

LouisvilleCARDS
05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Owings pitched amazing on short rest in that heartbreaking loss, then had to come out again today and pitch on short rest. I think he's done a great job and his start today should be thrown out.

wojo1025
05-21-2009, 10:31 PM
....everyone keeps talking about what to do with Homer if he comes up and pitches a couple gems. What happens if he comes up and gives up 6 runs in 2 innings? Is he officially done on our MLB roster? Doesn't this almost destroy what's left of his trade value?

corwinator3407
05-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Owings pitched amazing on short rest in that heartbreaking loss, then had to come out again today and pitch on short rest. I think he's done a great job and his start today should be thrown out.

It wasn't really short rest was it? Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, regular start Thursday. Saturday's was, but this was normal rest.

Ghosts of 1990
05-21-2009, 11:53 PM
....everyone keeps talking about what to do with Homer if he comes up and pitches a couple gems. What happens if he comes up and gives up 6 runs in 2 innings? Is he officially done on our MLB roster? Doesn't this almost destroy what's left of his trade value?

I don't think they're worried about trading him. They wanna see the return on their patience and investment with him.

The book is out on him until he at least (AT LEAST) logs a full season in the starting rotation.

Jefferson24
05-22-2009, 01:24 AM
That was a great game. Really the only time I've seen GABP come alive.

I was there too, great night.

Dude Rock
05-22-2009, 04:42 AM
Frikin' Homer Bailey. Enough said. So many delusional fans have pinned their hopes on this guy and been thoroughly disappointed over the years. Even if he wins the game, it won't be a shutout with 10 K's............he'll win while giving up a couple of HR's and walking 4 and K-ing like 3..........typical overhyped Bailey numbers. And when he wins.........90% of the delusional fans will be clamoring for more mediocrity.

It gets so old. It really does.

schmidty622
05-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I will be watching on Saturday and looking for these six things:

1. Can Homer hit 94+ on the Gun?
2. Does his fastball have any movement this time around?
3. Can he locate his fastball?
4. Can he locate his breaking ball?
5. Is his breaking ball an "out" pitch?
6. Does he have a plus third pitch?

All things that should be pretty much a given if Homer has any chance to be a top of the rotation starter.

Caveman Techie
05-22-2009, 09:31 AM
I will be watching on Saturday and looking for these six things:

1. Can Homer hit 94+ on the Gun?
2. Does his fastball have any movement this time around?
3. Can he locate his fastball?
4. Can he locate his breaking ball?
5. Is his breaking ball an "out" pitch?
6. Does he have a plus third pitch?

All things that should be pretty much a given if Homer has any chance to be a top of the rotation starter.

That is the biggest question right there. His fastball is fine, but unless he can throw his breaking balls for strikes he'll get pounded again.

I hope he does well this time around.

xavr1
05-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I hope Homer pitches well Saturday, but even if he does, Im not going to be ready to name him our fifth starter. He pitched well against Cleveland last time and things didnt exactly take off for him.

CySeymour
05-22-2009, 10:12 AM
If Homer pitches well...and I mean at least in the neighborhood of league average...I wonder if that actually would spell the end of Arroyo.

Jack Burton
05-22-2009, 10:59 AM
If Homer pitches well...and I mean at least in the neighborhood of league average...I wonder if that actually would spell the end of Arroyo.

We can hope.

DTCromer
05-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I'll be more interested in Homer's next 2 starts after his 1st one.

bounty37h
05-22-2009, 11:30 AM
We can hope.

Are you serious? Just curious, are you even really a Reds fan dude?

DTCromer
05-22-2009, 11:32 AM

I agree. Arroyo is so underrated by even our own fans and I'll never get it. He'll eat up innings and he's a very serviceable pitcher. Do I think he's worth his contract right now? Nope, but he's not that overvalued IMO. I love Bronson on this team.

CySeymour
05-22-2009, 11:55 AM
I agree. Arroyo is so underrated by even our own fans and I'll never get it. He'll eat up innings and he's a very serviceable pitcher. Do I think he's worth his contract right now? Nope, but he's not that overvalued IMO. I love Bronson on this team.

I wouldn't dissagree with that. My point was more thinking that Walt might in time trade Arroyo instead of demoting Owings. Not saying he should, just saying he might.

Bumstead
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm glad they are rewarding Homer and bringing him up. Assuming he pitches well, I hope it results in him staying up and working toward becoming the top of the rotation starter he has the potential to become. He doesn't have to prove anything to the skeptics, he just needs to keep his head down and keep improving. :beerme:

Bum

bgwilly31
05-22-2009, 12:35 PM

Come on.

That has virtually zero chance of happening this season.

And dont get back on the arroyo train when he puts together 5 wins in a row. Its a common known fact. Arroyo has his little stretch where he will get hammered. But his bad stretches are much shorter than his good stretches.

Dude Rock
05-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, can't wait to see Homer get hammered, and his e.r.a. balloon to like +7.00 in the majors, and his value to continue to drop. Should leave him in triple A all season, let him polish his resume and use him as trade bait. He'll never be anything more than a 5th starter at best.

CySeymour
05-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Come on.

That has virtually zero chance of happening this season.

And dont get back on the arroyo train when he puts together 5 wins in a row. Its a common known fact. Arroyo has his little stretch where he will get hammered. But his bad stretches are much shorter than his good stretches.

I have never said I was on or off the train...I was not advocating either way. I was only thinking out loud wondering what might happen if Bailey does earn his keep. If so, then you have 6 starters: Harang, Volquez, Cueto, Arroyo, Owings, Bailey. One would have to go to the pen or be traded. I was just suggesting that it MIGHT be possible Walt could deal Arroyo. Not saying he should or shouldn't, just saying he might.

Bumstead
05-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah, can't wait to see Homer get hammered, and his e.r.a. balloon to like +7.00 in the majors, and his value to continue to drop. Should leave him in triple A all season, let him polish his resume and use him as trade bait. He'll never be anything more than a 5th starter at best.

You need a stage for some of this stuff! Please give me a rundown on how bad the rest of the Reds prospects are going to be so that I won't be surprised! Bailey 82 IP over 2 seasons in the majors and he will never pitch any better than that...rich...based on what? Enlighten us please.

Jack Burton
05-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey big chief, don't question my loyalty. Arroyo has nothing, if we can get anything of value for him we should do it.

Dude Rock
05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
You need a stage for some of this stuff! Please give me a rundown on how bad the rest of the Reds prospects are going to be so that I won't be surprised! Bailey 82 IP over 2 seasons in the majors and he will never pitch any better than that...rich...based on what? Enlighten us please.

17 major league starts with a career major league e.r.a. of 6.72. Major league hitters are hitting .316 against him for his career, and he has a WHIP of 1.80. His triple A e.r.a. isn't even below 4.00 yet.

Enough said.

Bumstead
05-22-2009, 02:26 PM
That explains it...82 IP and you have peaked...Thanks for the enlightenment! :eek:

Dude Rock
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
That explains it...82 IP and you have peaked...Thanks for the enlightenment! :eek:

Yep. Just using the same criteria people on here use to write off Owings. :p:

bounty37h
05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey big chief, don't question my loyalty. Arroyo has nothing, if we can get anything of value for him we should do it.

I can, and am, chief, as I never see anyhting positive from you regarding the teams, its almost as if your just a flamer here to bash when you see opportunity....But I digresss, if you honestly think Arroyo is "nothing" it isnt that your a not a Reds fan, its that you don't know jack about the game of baseball.

Bumstead
05-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Yep. Just using the same criteria people on here use to write off Owings. :p:

Good point! :p:

Ghosts of 1990
05-22-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm really excited about being at the ballpark for Bailey's start tomorrow night

Bumstead
05-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Your 2009 attendance record doesn't suggest that you being at Bailey's 2009 debut is a good thing... :p:

Of course I wish I could be there too!

Jack Burton
05-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I can, and am, chief, as I never see anyhting positive from you regarding the teams, its almost as if your just a flamer here to bash when you see opportunity....But I digresss, if you honestly think Arroyo is "nothing" it isnt that your a not a Reds fan, its that you don't know jack about the game of baseball.

Pretty sensitive about ol' Bronson eh? I would be willing to bet most Reds fans wouldn't mind seeing him go.

I'm sure you're the type who became a Reds fan when Jr came over and cryed in your o'douls once he left. Don't waste my time.

Bumstead
05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I think it would be silly to trade Arroyo prior to the off-season. I date back to the Big Red Machine...I miss George Foster...he would make a decent LF on this team...:p:

Dude Rock
05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm really excited about being at the ballpark for Bailey's start tomorrow night

New Attendance Record 2009: 1-4 :p: :D

corwinator3407
05-22-2009, 05:01 PM

Make that two of us.

GOYA
05-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Well, I'll be at the ballpark to watch Maloney pitch tonight. I hope Homer gives you guys a treat tomorrow. The Reds could use a boost.

Slyder
05-22-2009, 06:04 PM

I wouldnt just flip Arroyo out of town if Homer has a couple good starts. Bronson is what he is, an innings eater, when he's on he's really tough, when he's off he's really off. He has value so you dont have to take the first offer in the door.

George Foster
05-22-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm glad he's getting a start against the Indians. I think last year he got called up for the Boston series... Indians not so good.

xavr1
05-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I wouldnt just flip Arroyo out of town if Homer has a couple good starts. Bronson is what he is, an innings eater, when he's on he's really tough, when he's off he's really off. He has value so you dont have to take the first offer in the door.

We saw a perfect example of that last night.

fugowitribe
05-23-2009, 11:01 AM
The night he threw against Cleveland for his first Major League game was incredible. I think he can be the spark that this team needs to fire up the Cincy fans and get more people to the park and start to believe in this team. I've said it before on here. We need to get behind this team and make every GABP game a true homefield advantage full of chants from people that truly want to see the Reds win and not just show up for a social outing. I will be there tonight......I hope he can get my admiration started.

Griffey012
05-23-2009, 11:21 AM

Arroyo is not just an innings eater, he is a above average pitcher most of the time. His E.R.A. gets inflated because when he has an off night, he really has an off night. But usually his other starts he either has a good to great performance or else battles and gives us 5-7 innings of 5 run baseball. Dusty just needs to notes that when Arroyo looks flat in the first inning and gives up some runs they need to just warm up long relief and get him out of there.

I truly think we undervalue the bulldog mentality Arroyo brings to the club and undervalue his performance itself. He is 6-3 on the season and gone 5.2+ innings each of his starts with the exception of milwaukee, and he has 5 quality starts in 9 games started, not a bad ratio.

Ghosts of 1990
05-23-2009, 11:29 AM
The night he threw against Cleveland for his first Major League game was incredible. I think he can be the spark that this team needs to fire up the Cincy fans and get more people to the park and start to believe in this team. I've said it before on here. We need to get behind this team and make every GABP game a true homefield advantage full of chants from people that truly want to see the Reds win and not just show up for a social outing. I will be there tonight......I hope he can get my admiration started.

I totally agree with you. if Bailey can be a spark you find a way to keep him in the rotation. If he's as good as he was in spring training there's no way you take him out.

bubbachunk
05-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I am going to the game tonight and hope he does well. The indians seem to be struggling with the bats right now and if Homer can locate his pitches he should be fine.

Ghosts of 1990
05-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Hope there's a packed ballpark tonight to see Bailey pitch. Couple more hours before we've got a really good chance to get a huge shot in the arm as a club. And believe me if Homer can come up here and surprise it would be a HUGE shot in the arm. The kind that could have us in contention for a playoff spot all year. If he pitches well tonight I'd really be in a great mood.

jfar23
05-23-2009, 01:47 PM
It's a testament to the Reds pitching that I'm not really as hyped as I would have been previously. And it wasn't that long ago when I remember being giddy when Claussen finally got the call. If he can stick and post a ~4.75 ERA for the year I'll love it. Bailey, Masset, Maloney, Owings...I can live with those options as a fifth starter. I think Masset might be the best of the bunch though.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Bailey still has a lot of potential..only 23 and he's still developing, we'll see how he does tonight I'll be in attendance

Newman4
05-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Do I think he's worth his contract right now? Nope
Exactly why they should trade him regardless of the Homer situation. When you work on a limited budget like the Reds do then you can't afford to pay 12 million plus fo the next two years for a 4.50-ish starter that is on the wrong side of 30. It's all about getting the most for your money . People are correct that Arroyo is probably better than league average. But, he is overpaid for his production. However, with the Reds glaring need for RH bat you would think they would use the fact that he does have some value with the fact that we actually have some quality pitching depth and make a run at a big time run producer for the middle of the order.
Some teams like the White Sox are already antsy for pitching. Send Arroyo to one of them and have them send prospects to Oakland, add some prospects of ours and try to buy low for Holliday, assuming he would sign an extension.

improbus
05-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Well, a lest than stellar start to Homer's return. Hopefully he will settle down and pitch better.

Dude Rock
05-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Ugh. Bailey driving his 6.50 career major league e.r.a. even higher already. Not the direction to go, Homer. Yikes.

MrLarryJohnson
05-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Yea I am done with Homer Bailey, small sample size and all but he is clearly not a major league pitcher

Slyder
05-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Just a question, does anyone think maybe starting Hernandez who arguably has very little experience with Homer might have been a mistake?

Hanigan has at least worked with Homer a bit and could he have been a little more trusted by Homer to call the game? Not saying it go from crap to epic shutout but maybe instead of crap maybe league average?

Dude Rock
05-24-2009, 02:17 AM
Just a question, does anyone think maybe starting Hernandez who arguably has very little experience with Homer might have been a mistake?

Hanigan has at least worked with Homer a bit and could he have been a little more trusted by Homer to call the game? Not saying it go from crap to epic shutout but maybe instead of crap maybe league average?

I'm not a Homer Bailey fan, but you make a valid point. Again, as a non-Homer fan, I also thought the ump was squeezing the strike zone in the 5th inning.

But then again, Homer has yet to impress me anyway.

DTCromer
05-24-2009, 02:34 AM

That's a good question and another possible excuse to add on to all the many, many, many, many, Homer apologists on this board.

corwinator3407
05-24-2009, 02:38 AM
I'm not a Homer Bailey fan, but you make a valid point. Again, as a non-Homer fan, I also thought the ump was squeezing the strike zone in the 5th inning.

But then again, Homer has yet to impress me anyway.

Strike zone sure did look small from where I was sitting. But I made this point on the way out of the park:
if you looked at the box score without looking at the names, just the numbers, Homer's numbers look like a bad Volquez outing, no? He retired 7 straight (with the error in between) in the 3rd and 4th but just too many walks. I hope he gets at least one more start before Volquez returns and before anyone throws the towel in on him, as I know a lot of people on this board already have done.

Dude Rock
05-24-2009, 02:44 AM
Strike zone sure did look small from where I was sitting. But I made this point on the way out of the park:
if you looked at the box score without looking at the names, just the numbers, Homer's numbers look like a bad Volquez outing, no? He retired 7 straight (with the error in between) in the 3rd and 4th but just too many walks. I hope he gets at least one more start before Volquez returns and before anyone throws the towel in on him, as I know a lot of people on this board already have done.

Geez. I wanna believe, but he has to give me something to believe in. What has he done to give anyone something to believe in? His major league e.r.a. is 6.50+. Geez. It's like the Homer-lovers are making fun of the Homer-non believers.............why should we believe?

To this date, he was a very good Single A and Double A pitcher, and a mediocre Triple A pitcher........and honestly a bad major league pitcher.

I want him to succeed, but seeing is believing and I have nothing to believe in yet.

FlyerFanatic
05-24-2009, 02:45 AM
i dont get why he got the call...3-5, 4.5 era in triple a....why?

Ghosts of 1990
05-24-2009, 03:25 AM
Guess who is done defending Homer Bailey? Yup, me. I dont feel that I am over reacting because we lost. I was wrong about the guy in every way. He has never looked right in regular swain action and he never will here, as if it was just never meant to be

mroby85
05-24-2009, 03:28 AM
Geez. I wanna believe, but he has to give me something to believe in. What has he done to give anyone something to believe in? His major league e.r.a. is 6.50+. Geez. It's like the Homer-lovers are making fun of the Homer-non believers.............why should we believe?

To this date, he was a very good Single A and Double A pitcher, and a mediocre Triple A pitcher........and honestly a bad major league pitcher.

I want him to succeed, but seeing is believing and I have nothing to believe in yet.

I'm with this guy exactly. It's not like I want him to fail, but i'm not just going to believe he's great forever because of what was expected of him. That was a sorry excuse for an outing tonight, and was a crappy ending to a great stay in Cincinnati this weekend.

Krawhitham
05-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Would Homer get Matt Holliday on July 31st? The A's will dump him by the trade deadline

Assuming the Reds are still in the hunt, the Reds have a solid staff without Homer, and Holliday is hitting .299 in away games this season. He had a horrible April but is having a very nice May

Could he be the Right handed bat that puts the Reds over the top?

Krawhitham
05-24-2009, 04:53 AM
Arroyo is not just an innings eater, he is a above average pitcher most of the time. His E.R.A. gets inflated because when he has an off night, he really has an off night.

I agree, he had 18 Quality Starts last season 2 behind Volquez (Harang had 17)
in 07 he led the team with 22 (Harang had 20)
in 06 he led the team with 23 (Harang had 17)

This season he is in a 3 way tie for team lead with 5 Quality Starts (Cueto & Harang)

improbus
05-24-2009, 09:14 AM
If you looked at the stats without the names, everyone of us would have brought up Maloney. It is funny how this works. Message board guys have two great loves, 1) Sabrmetric numbers, 2) Highly Drafted Prospects. When a player is drafted high and receives some early accolades, we start to pen him in as the next Pedro/Pujols. We have done this with Homer and we have already started w/ Alonso. Maybe it is the optimist in all of us.

schmidty622
05-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I got a text during the game because I am out of town, which said homer was throwing 88 last night?! And that his fastball looked VERY hittable. Is this true?

Gizmo
05-24-2009, 10:45 AM
I got a text during the game because I am out of town, which said homer was throwing 88 last night?! And that his fastball looked VERY hittable. Is this true?

i didn't watch until the 7th, but 6 runs in 4 innings would tell me something wasn't fooling anyone too badly. Around the walks, that is.

Slyder
05-24-2009, 10:45 AM

The TV guys were saying that their radar gun was clocking him around 94 and the FSN Ohio was clocking him at 88. I say that cause he did make a couple people look really really foolish upstairs if he was only throwing 88.

Slyder
05-24-2009, 10:51 AM
That's a good question and another possible excuse to add on to all the many, many, many, many, Homer apologists on this board.

I didnt ask to give the Homer apologist another excuse, I was just asking because it looked like at times Hernandez and Bailey werent even in the same library let alone the same page and I thought maybe Hanigan for that one game might not have been a bad thing until Hernandez can get some more time/trust with Bailey.

DTCromer
05-24-2009, 11:43 AM
I didnt ask to give the Homer apologist another excuse, I was just asking because it looked like at times Hernandez and Bailey werent even in the same library let alone the same page and I thought maybe Hanigan for that one game might not have been a bad thing until Hernandez can get some more time/trust with Bailey.

No, I agree with your statement that they probably should've sent Hannigan out there to catch him. I was just stating that it's just another excuse for the people who want to give him one.

batsfan
05-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Homer to Louisville, Castillo to Reds fay reports.

davereds24
05-24-2009, 12:01 PM
good move, if you can't throw strikes you don't deserve to be up.

Ghosts of 1990
05-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Homer on the gun last night (never saw 88 mph) 91,91 93, 94 consistently

schmidty622
05-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Well my friend was watching on TV so the FSN gun must have been messed up. What did his secondary stuff look like? Did he have a third pitch or was it all fastball - curve?

Ghosts of 1990
05-24-2009, 12:15 PM
I saw him get a breaking ball over a few times. I mean, obviously he didn't get it over in abundance.

batsfan
05-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Well my friend was watching on TV so the FSN gun must have been messed up. What did his secondary stuff look like? Did he have a third pitch or was it all fastball - curve?

According to gameday, he threw 69 fastballs, 4 changeups, 19 sliders, and only 2 curves, which is strange, since in both his 15 k game in AAA and his 9 k game in ST, his curve was his strikeout pitch, and both curves last night were the first pitch of an ab.

schmidty622
05-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Gameday was probably confusing sliders with curves because if I recall I don't think Bailey has ever thrown a slider. Only 4 changeups is concerning in my book.

TheBigLebowski
05-24-2009, 01:04 PM
He has lost the confidence he needs to throw his Uncle Charlie to big league hitters, and he won't succeed up here until he can not only do that, but locate his fastball.

His velocity was good, the talent's still there. His mental makeup was shaky last night as he was visibly upset in just about every inning. It'll happen for him but last night was just too soon to call him up. People still forget just how young the guy still is. It can take some time for pitchers to get it all together. Homer will.

reds1869
05-24-2009, 01:06 PM
As I said in another thread, Homer needs to move to the pen. He can be a very solid middle relief man and perhaps eventually a setup guy. Not what we had hoped for, but valuable nonetheless.

bounty37h
05-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Pretty sensitive about ol' Bronson eh? I would be willing to bet most Reds fans wouldn't mind seeing him go.

I'm sure you're the type who became a Reds fan when Jr came over and cryed in your o'douls once he left. Don't waste my time.

Haha, I laugh at you, chief. Point out a Reds fan that wants Arroyo gone, and I will argue they either arent really a Reds fan, or are they are just an idiot. I do think you could be a Reds fan, for the record.
Not sensitive about Arroyo at all, just not dumb enough to make stupid statements about him being nothing....
Dont waste our time!

Dude Rock
05-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Haha, I laugh at you, chief. Point out a Reds fan that wants Arroyo gone, and I will argue they either arent really a Reds fan, or are they are just an idiot. I do think you could be a Reds fan, for the record.
Not sensitive about Arroyo at all, just not dumb enough to make stupid statements about him being nothing....
Dont waste our time!

Arroyo's 9 starts this season:
6 IP, 8 hits, 5 ER Win
6 IP, 4 hits, 1 ER Win
7 IP, 9 hits, 3 ER Win
5 IP, 9 hits, 9 ER Loss
8 IP, 4 hits, 0 ER Win
1 IP, 7 hits, 9 ER Loss
7 IP, 10 hits, 5 ER Win
7 IP, 6 hits, 3 ER Loss
8 IP, 5 hits, 1 ER Win

5 quality starts out of the 9 (6 IP + 3 or less ER)
Remove the 2 games that Dusty left him in to get shelled and his e.r.a. drops to 3.24. He has given up 36 earned runs and 18 came in 6.2 innings where he took one for the team.

People need to realize that Bronson is an innings eater that will have those type of games. I really think Dusty needs to quit letting that happen though. He basically forfeits the game instead of taking Bronson out early and bringing in a long reliever. I hate that.

Moosie52
05-26-2009, 01:49 PM
He's not a #1 and maybe not a #2, but he's a decent #3 in my book. I've never understood why some fans want him gone.

Slyder
05-26-2009, 04:12 PM
He's not a #1 and maybe not a #2, but he's a decent #3 in my book. I've never understood why some fans want him gone.

The Price tag, grass is greener on the other side of the fence, or Paul O'Neill Syndrome (dont know what you have til its gone)?

I would argue when he's on his game he can be a #2 for most clubs but he has "those games" where he comes out with absolutely nothing and Duhhhsty leaves him out there anyways.

Dude Rock
05-26-2009, 04:49 PM

The Price tag, grass is greener on the other side of the fence, or Paul O'Neill Syndrome (dont know what you have til its gone)?

I would argue when he's on his game he can be a #2 for most clubs but he has "those games" where he comes out with absolutely nothing and Duhhhsty leaves him out there anyways.

Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez, Owings

OR

Harang, Cueto, Volquez, Owings, Bailey

Kind of a no-brainer.

bounty37h
05-27-2009, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=Slyder;1877049]

Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez, Owings

OR

Harang, Cueto, Volquez, Owings, Bailey

Kind of a no-brainer.

Uhm, which one are you promoting, before calling it a no brainer (not calling out, couldnt tell what your saying)? I would take the 1'st one any day of the week right now over your second option.