PDA

View Full Version : Sean Henry's on fire....

Kingspoint
05-23-2009, 07:39 PM
.244/.277/.333 (.610 OPS) in April.

.362/.403/.552 (.955 OPS) in May.

.412/.444/.706 (1.150 OPS) over his last 10 games.

Great to see him pick it up in Carolina. He's only 23 and played College Ball at DVC (one of the 5 best JC schools in the country for baseball).

Most importantly, he's a right-handed bat which the club could use. Another in a long list of prospects the REDS have that can contribute at the Major League level.

He had an .816 OPS in 396 at-bats at Chattanooga last season. If he keeps this up, he can work his way up to Louisville in a month. They had him batting at the bottom of the order for a while until he got out of this slump. He's batting 5th today.

He's one of my 5 favorite REDS' prospects. I'm not saying he's going to be an All-Star, but I think he's highly underrated by most.

Topcat
05-25-2009, 02:32 AM
.244/.277/.333 (.610 OPS) in April.

.362/.403/.552 (.955 OPS) in May.

.412/.444/.706 (1.150 OPS) over his last 10 games.

Great to see him pick it up in Carolina. He's only 23 and played College Ball at DVC (one of the 5 best JC schools in the country for baseball).

Most importantly, he's a right-handed bat which the club could use. Another in a long list of prospects the REDS have that can contribute at the Major League level.

He had an .816 OPS in 396 at-bats at Chattanooga last season. If he keeps this up, he can work his way up to Louisville in a month. They had him batting at the bottom of the order for a while until he got out of this slump. He's batting 5th today.

He's one of my 5 favorite REDS' prospects. I'm not saying he's going to be an All-Star, but I think he's highly underrated by most.

Personally I feel he could be a starting Outfielder in MLB if his progression continues. Go Sean go !:jump:

Dude Rock
05-25-2009, 09:48 PM
It bothers me that the Reds continue to mess with the OFers in triple A (other than Stubbs), and haven't moved Heisey and Henry up. Gomes is with the Reds now. Time to move up the future and see how they progress.

HBP
05-25-2009, 10:14 PM
It bothers me that the Reds continue to mess with the OFers in triple A (other than Stubbs), and haven't moved Heisey and Henry up. Gomes is with the Reds now. Time to move up the future and see how they progress.

We'll probably see a lot of promotions after the draft.

Sea Ray
05-26-2009, 05:14 PM

I agree. Why are they sending Darnell McDonald to AAA when they could be promoting younger players who would benefit from the playing time?