PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, shut out by the worst bullpen in baseball

NeilHamburger
05-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Now the reds face Lee, Wandy and Roy in a row. By the end of this homestand a lot will be decided about whether the reds should be buyers or sellers. If things go well I'd buy, but if they tank I sell everyone not named Votto, Bruce, Cueto, Phillips and Volquez.

fewfirstchoice
05-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Ill go ahead and answer that for ya. The Reds will be sellers. This offense is just to bad to compete. Add that to Dusty and theres no way the Reds will be a over .500 team this season.

Dude Rock
05-24-2009, 01:19 AM
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Dusty Baker was ever manager of the year, nor can I agree with much of his decision-making. He drives me nuts.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-24-2009, 01:45 PM
We will beat Lee today and take 2 of 3 from the Stros

redsfanmia
05-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Ill go ahead and answer that for ya. The Reds will be sellers. This offense is just to bad to compete. Add that to Dusty and theres no way the Reds will be a over .500 team this season.

Seriously who do the Reds have to sell?

DTCromer
05-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Seriously who do the Reds have to sell?

Plenty of options.

Bronson can be sold. He'd be very valuable in a pennant race.

Depending on how the organization feels about Hannigan, but I think Ramon Hernandez can be traded.

Let's not forget Edwin has some value and someone may take a chance.

Weathers and even possibly Gonzalez.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves, tomorrow unofficially marks the end of the first leg of the season. plenty of the season left.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Shame on everyone wanting the Reds to be sellers

NeilHamburger
05-24-2009, 05:31 PM
To me this upcoming Astro's series is the biggest of the season so far. They sweep I'm out looking for an impact bat, they win two of three I'm at least seeing what's out there, they lose two of three and I hold still and they get swept and I'm selling.

And just to add on, about 2 weeks ago I made a thread talking about the Reds horrible luck in always facing the other teams number 1in a series. Since that time they've played the Padres, Phillies, Indians and now the Astros and will have faced the other teams number 1 in every series.

So far this year they've only not faced the other teams number 1 in two series (one of which was a two gamer). In theory you should miss the other teams number 1 40% of the time. This is borderline historic bad luck.

An example of just how bad their luck has been:

The reds will have played the astros 10 times after this 3 game set, they will have faced Wandy and Roy a combined 6 times. You can't make this stuff up.

God really does hate the reds.

Va Red Fan
05-24-2009, 09:05 PM
One down and two to go. Its a long season folks.

Va Red Fan
05-24-2009, 09:07 PM
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Dusty Baker was ever manager of the year, nor can I agree with much of his decision-making. He drives me nuts.

Whether you understand it or not, he was three time manager of the year and you complain by typing on a computer in your undies.