PDA

View Full Version : Dickerson starting over Nix again,why?

fewfirstchoice
05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I just dont understand why Dusty is starting Dickerson over Nix. Nix has proven hes the better ball player and gives the Reds the best chance to win. I guess Dusty just will never get it.

WILD THING
05-25-2009, 11:34 AM
The entire lineup today is goofy. I don't see how Nix would need a day off along with the other guys though. Maybe Dickerson is getting his last few chances before they decide his future with the team for the remainder of the season. Although, I don't know who they could bring up to replace him (I'm not really up to date with the entire minor league depth). Maybe Gomes and Rosales will stay when Edwin comes back and Dickerson will be headed to Louisville?

GIDP
05-25-2009, 11:43 AM
People dont notice Dickersons OBP when they look at him. The last time I checked he was still OPSing near .750.

Not great but you can do a lot worse for a bench 4th OF type player considering his all around game.

GIDP
05-25-2009, 11:45 AM
I think the bigger problem is that Gomes in is right instead of left, and Janish is at 3rd instead of 2nd.

The right side of the field is going to have some bad range today.

Lets hope Harang brings it.

schmidty622
05-25-2009, 11:55 AM
This lineup is worth negitive runs against Wandy Rod.

jfar23
05-25-2009, 12:19 PM
People dont notice Dickersons OBP when they look at him. The last time I checked he was still OPSing near .750.

Not great but you can do a lot worse for a bench 4th OF type player considering his all around game.
Who has almost no ML experience and should only get better. You can't teach his approach. Well, you can try but it doesn't come around often. Lets just hope he can hit!

NeilHamburger
05-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Ugh, I'm beginning to wonder about Votto. I've never heard of an ear infection taking a month to heal. I don't trust the medical reports, and something just doesn't seem right to me. I mean there should be some type of medicine or something.

cbowen2112
05-25-2009, 04:26 PM
I think the bigger problem is that Gomes in is right instead of left, and Janish is at 3rd instead of 2nd.

The right side of the field is going to have some bad range today.

Lets hope Harang brings it.

Gomes is mainly a Right Fielder.
Janish at 3B makes more since because he has great range and a great arm. JHJ's natural position is 2B.

note: Gomes played almost all games in RF for the Rays unless Crawford was hurt.

Stormy Weathers
05-25-2009, 04:33 PM
This lineup is worth negitive runs against Wandy Rod.

watching game, looks at score and laughs.

GIDP
05-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Gomes is mainly a Right Fielder.
Janish at 3B makes more since because he has great range and a great arm. JHJ's natural position is 2B.

note: Gomes played almost all games in RF for the Rays unless Crawford was hurt.

the Nationals play Dunn in RF, the White Sox played Griffey in center

Just because they play there doesnt mean they should.

cbowen2112
05-25-2009, 04:58 PM
the Nationals play Dunn in RF, the White Sox played Griffey in center

Just because they play there doesnt mean they should.

If that is where they are more comfortable and a bit less defense is needed, then yes it is where they should play.

Griffey knows how to man CF way better than RF (18+ yrs in CF vs 2-3 yrs in RF) balls fly differently in CF than in corner spots.

Yes, Nix has done nicely adjusting, but it is harder than you think.

Dunn in RF makes more since with what the Nats have already defensively.

GIDP
05-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Well Jeff Keppinger played SS a lot last year. I guess since hes just comfortable there its ok then.

cbowen2112
05-25-2009, 10:28 PM
When a team is in a bind with players being out all season, you have to go with the best option there. Keppinger is a totally different scenario. He plays all over the field all the time. That is what he should have been here, if it were not due to injuries. *See 2007 season.

Kingspoint
05-26-2009, 04:45 PM
I just dont understand why Dusty is starting Dickerson over Nix. Nix has proven hes the better ball player and gives the Reds the best chance to win. I guess Dusty just will never get it.

Who won the game?

corwinator3407
05-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Nix is back tonight, hopefully he's well rested.

But you still get Dickerson, with Taveras getting the day off.

Jones1
05-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Well they are both in the lineup tonight(Cdick CF Nix LF)so it will be a great time to evaluate them both and against a very good pitcher at that. Here's to hoping they both have great games we'll need it with Owings pitching against Oswalt! P.s. I love Ramon in the 4 hole!

Chris Dickerson 8
Jerry Hairston 4
Joey Votto 3
Ramon Hernandez 2
Jay Bruce 9
Laynce Nix 7
Alex Gonzalez 6
Adam Rosales 5
RH Micah Owings 1

Fon Duc Tow
05-26-2009, 05:21 PM
It's supposed to be a cool night tonight after the rain, so I can see why Dusty went with Nix.

Nix might see some more playing time against the Brewers as well, assuming they keep the roof on and/or it stays chilly up there.

But once the dog days of summer are here, if I were Nix I would just option myself to AAA. He has no chance cracking a Dusty lineup against Dickerson at that point.

bgwilly31
05-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Are you saying nix doesnt play well in hot weather>? ^^^^:confused:

GIDP
05-26-2009, 06:03 PM
funny thing it is really dusty logic haha

Kingspoint
05-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Dickerson was instrumental in both scoring rallies yesterday.

Wallking to load the bases in the 2-run inning, and walking on 4 pitches in the 1st inning before scoring.

WildcatFan
05-26-2009, 06:17 PM
I like it. Load em up with 5 guys who haven't faced Oswalt as a Red and four more who have beaten him as one. Nix and Dickerson will each get at least two hits, mark it down.

Kingspoint
05-26-2009, 06:20 PM
It's not about winning today.

It's about winning either today or tomorrow and winning the series.

I just want to win the series.

If we win today, great. If we don't, that's OK. We just need to win tomorrow.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, we're only 2-1/2 games out of 1st place.

With our injuries to Votto, Phillips, Edwin and Volquez, I'm just looking to survive....just win the series.

We're missing our top-two RBI guys and our best RH power bat along with a great starter.

OK, Votto's playing today, but will we have him tomorrow?