PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Ready to Trade Veterans

Homer Bailey
05-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Nationals Ready To Trade Veterans
By Tim Dierkes [May 27, 2009 at 5:03pm CST]
Talking to Newsday's Ken Davidoff, Nationals acting GM Mike Rizzo volunteered three trade candidates from his team:

"Nick Johnson, or (Josh) Willingham, or (Austin) Kearns, anyone on our roster, if we can make a good baseball trade and improve ourselves, not only for our present but also for our future -- a player that can impact us -- we have to make those kinds of trades."

Also, Rizzo rejected the idea that a Johnson-Manny Delcarmen swap was even discussed with the Red Sox.

Rizzo said that in general, the Nationals are seeking young, athletic players with high ceilings in trades. It seems possible Rizzo will deal within the NL East, with the Mets seeking a first baseman and the Braves needing outfielders.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/05/nationals-ready-to-trade-veterans.html

traderumor
05-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Rizzo said that in general, the Nationals are seeking young, athletic players with high ceilings in trades.Oh, I thought they would be looking for old, out of shape, gritty vets :rolleyes:

kpresidente
05-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Christian Guzman?

HokieRed
05-28-2009, 12:13 AM
There are only two guys on that team I'd want anything to do with. One of them's not coming back here and the other would require a minimum of Volquez or Cueto. No thanks.

durl
05-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh, I thought they would be looking for old, out of shape, gritty vets :rolleyes:

Nice catch.

corkedbat
05-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Rizzo said that in general, the Nationals are seeking young, athletic players with high ceilings in trades.
I thought he was offering Johnson, Willingham & Kearns? :D

fisch11
05-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Adam Dunn? :D
Just had to say it.....couldn't miss the elephant in the thread.

westofyou
05-28-2009, 12:51 AM
Christian Guzman?
Is the answer to that:

Something about to turn into a pumpkin?