PDA

View Full Version : Where will we finish?

xavr1
05-28-2009, 04:21 PM
OK now that we are over a 1/4 of the way through the season, maybe it would be fun to revisit our projections on final record for the 2009 Reds.

At the beginning of the year there was a thread with record predictions and they pretty much ran the gamut from 75 wins to 95. I wonder if there is any more consensus now.

I am still close to my original prediction. I say we finish 85-77.

Redlegs Homer
05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
88-74. I'll go with that. Hopefully that comes with a division title too.

Fon Duc Tow
05-28-2009, 04:55 PM
I believe it will take 95 games to win the division.

If everyone stays healthy, and if the Reds pick up a bat or two during the selloff after the All-Star break, thn they might just have it.

Its a nice conversation to be able to have as Reds fan, I will say that.

Hondo
05-28-2009, 05:39 PM
I believe it will take 95 games to win the division.

If everyone stays healthy, and if the Reds pick up a bat or two during the selloff after the All-Star break, thn they might just have it.

Its a nice conversation to be able to have as Reds fan, I will say that.

I think Pitching will WIN... Add Peavy and 1 Bat for 3rd or Left and this is a Winner...

I still put Harang as my #1 Guy... Lets Peavy Dominate in the 2 hole in the Rotation.

Harang
Peavy
Volquez
Cueto
Arroyo

Oh yeah...

Dude Rock
05-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Where will we finish?

I believe we finish up the season on October 4th in Cincinnati against Pittsburgh. :p:

Captain Hook
05-28-2009, 08:29 PM
At the end of the season I just want to be able to say that they never gave up.They fought all season long and that this was the best Reds team in many years.If I can say all of these things I"ll be happy.

I will however up my prediction a few to 90 games.

Ghosts of 1990
05-28-2009, 09:05 PM
if the roster remains the same with no significant adds to the lineup, then I think we will finish around 84 wins, at best. Thats if we stay healthy.

If we add someone like a bat to the lineup, and get about the same health we've had, we are looking at a wild card and possibly even the division, no joke.