PDA

View Full Version : OT: It's 1:26 AM, and in College baseball Texas-BC in the 23RD INNING!

LouisvilleCARDS
05-31-2009, 02:27 AM
Holy crap. This is amazing. Apparently one of the teams closers came on in the 7th inning. Then over the next 12 plus innings has pitched a NO HITTER. I've never heard of anything like this in a game of modern baseball, period.

Here's the scoreboard. Any of you insomniacs/late nighters up, might want to check this out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/scoreboard?sport=mbaseball&type=all

LouisvilleCARDS
05-31-2009, 03:11 AM
Texas just won in the 25th inning, over a wild pitcher who pretty much got a run in on a wild pitch that won it. Texas wins 3-2, longest game in college baseball history.

What's crazy is that now BC has to play in about 11 hours in an elimination game against Army. And if they win that somehow, with this gassed staff, they get another shot at Texas later in the day to force yet another game on Monday if they win that one. Wow, dunno how either team is going to survive, but Texas used one pitcher for over 12 innings (a CLOSER!) so they won't be as bad off as BC will, especially if BC wins tomorrow against Army.

Ghosts of 1990
05-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Well, his career is over. A closer for 12 innings!

reds 4 life
05-31-2009, 11:45 AM
absolutely unbelievable, the longest ive been to is 17, and that took forever, so this must have been amazing to watch

Ghosts of 1990
05-31-2009, 11:49 AM
It's my goal/dream to someday be present at an MLB park when a game goes 20 innings

reds1869
05-31-2009, 02:01 PM
It's my goal/dream to someday be present at an MLB park when a game goes 20 innings

Me too! I've been to an 18 inning game and a couple of 15 inning affairs. It never gets old. I would have loved watching the Texas-BC game in person. The lack of a game clock is one of the things that makes baseball so special...anything can happen on any given day.