PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Hear this Trade on Sunday Sportstalk

kfm
05-31-2009, 04:12 PM
There is a guy who consistently calls Sunday morning sports talk and says that the problem with the Reds is Harang and Arroyo. That the Reds need to trade both of them right away and that if Bailey and Maloney were given as many starts as we waste on Harang and Arroyo then they would produce just as well. Here is a trade he actually proposed Bailey, Bruce, Stubbs, and Encarnacion for Ryan Zimmerman. Ken Brew did not want to trade all of these guys but he thought there was no way that Washington would accept that trade. Would the Reds not be the laughing stock of baseball if they were to offer all of those players for Ryan Zimmerman? Ken Brew just does not seem to know anything more than a casual, very casual fan of baseball.

DTCromer
05-31-2009, 06:53 PM
THat's why Sports Talk is awful and why I've stopped listening to it.

Maldez
05-31-2009, 07:29 PM
"The problem" with the Reds is not Harang and Arroyo. Bronson' 7-3, for cripes sakes, and Harang is now 5-5, so that's a goofy thing to say, right off the bat. Cincy would finish the year 97-65 if all its pitchers were that successful.

And Homer Bailey couldn't win 10 games in a season if he pitcher for the '27 Yankees.

Redus
05-31-2009, 08:01 PM
i want back the thirty seconds of my life it took to read this crappy post

lidspinner
06-01-2009, 08:06 AM
the only thing I can point out about this post that is factual is this: if we are going to trade for a LF big bat.......then we are going to have to give up either AH or BO in addition to a top prospect like Stubbs....Noone wants Homer right now for what we will want in return. It will take 2 big names(1MLB,1AAA) to get anything worth their salt.

Ghosts of 1990
06-01-2009, 10:33 AM
the only thing I can point out about this post that is factual is this: if we are going to trade for a LF big bat.......then we are going to have to give up either AH or BO in addition to a top prospect like Stubbs....Noone wants Homer right now for what we will want in return. It will take 2 big names(1MLB,1AAA) to get anything worth their salt.

Then do it I say

texasdave
06-01-2009, 10:38 AM
There is a guy who consistently calls Sunday morning sports talk and says that the problem with the Reds is Harang and Arroyo. That the Reds need to trade both of them right away and that if Bailey and Maloney were given as many starts as we waste on Harang and Arroyo then they would produce just as well. Here is a trade he actually proposed Bailey, Bruce, Stubbs, and Encarnacion for Ryan Zimmerman. Ken Brew did not want to trade all of these guys but he thought there was no way that Washington would accept that trade. Would the Reds not be the laughing stock of baseball if they were to offer all of those players for Ryan Zimmerman? Ken Brew just does not seem to know anything more than a casual, very casual fan of baseball.

Harang and Arroyo are the problem. The Reds need to trade both ASAP. Bailey would produce just as well if given as many starts. Never-in-a-million-years-would-anyone-with-half-a-brain-come-to-this conclusion? Trade Bailey?!?!?!?!?!?! Huh??????????

Oh, btw, both the proposed trade and Ken Brew's response are equally inane.

Chris Sabowned
06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
First off, his name is Ken Broo, not Ken Brew.

And his response is accurate, the Nationals would not accept that trade. By saying that, he's not saying its a good trade for us either, but why would Washington trade their franchise player for unproven players?

At the same time the trade would be stupid for us with how much upside some of those guys have, Bruce mainly, and Stubbs.

BluegrassRedleg
06-01-2009, 04:07 PM

:beerme:

Newport Red
06-02-2009, 09:10 AM

I haven't enjoyed Sunday morning Sports Talk since Tom Dinkel spent the entire show calling Andy Furman an idiot.

Ken Broo may not be a baseball expert but at least he's good enough that the actual callers are the annoying ones.

The guy who keeps harping on the Zimmerman trade obviously has been listening to George Noory all night long and needs to get some sleep.

GIDP
06-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Its all terrible. The guys on most of the towns sports talk cant get passed one little detail like "Mike Brown sucks", "Roids are awesome", or "why arent you a big enough fan" to really have a show worth listening too.